Sex Toys?

Guys just a thought..

Ive noticed a few times recently whenever ive had conversations with friends colleagues ect about sex toys there classic response is usually 'your other half not good enough' ect just wondering what your views are on this are sex toys because your partner isnt enough or for fun or just purely part of your everyday sex life?
Xx

I doubt many people here would agree with that view. While it can definately be enough to simply fuck (or make love) with your partner without any toys, 'variety is the spice of life'
Just because sex with your partner is great, it doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make it even better. Most people who hold that view are probably jealous that either they or their partner aren't adventurous enough to want to indulge each others fantasies by trying something new

My partner is great, we're in a LD relationship though so sadly sex isn't everyday for us. However we use sex toys as part of our sex life, he'll use things on me ect, and we use bondage stuff too. I love it when he uses dildos on me ect it feels so much better, and I can have multiples in the double digits and he enjoys using them on me whilst we do stuff to each other. I believe it enhances our sex life and makes it better, yet even without them it's great.

I believe your colleagues don't really know much about them to comment about it only being because your partner isn't good enough as that isn't the case (In most cases)

Its not about whether your OH is good enough its about experiencing different things together spicing it up and not being boring . Its about enjoying sex with your partner whatever they maybe everyone is different . They dont know what they are missing

That's usually said by people who have never seen or held a sex toy and most of them are probably insecure, a little bit boring and afraid of getting replaced by a sex toy. I've never used toys with a partner before but I certainly want to in the future. I think regular sex could eventually get pretty boring so toys definitely add variety.

We have a reasonable assortment of sex toys & a fairly active sex life. Sometimes we use the toys a lot, other times we go long periods without them. We just find toys, rope etc sometimes just add a little bit of spice & fun.

I wouldn't want to become dependant on them during sex.

Yeah exactly i think alot of people are just jealous cos theyre OH arnt adventurous enough :D

Or people just dont know enough ;) there loss ayhe :P

Xx

Haven't had a regular partner who lived near to me in quite a while, so any time with a physical body was too precious to dilute with toys.

Which makes me one of the stereotypes. :-(

Tbh honest my OH and I don't use toys during sex and on the tiniest of occasions he'll use a little bullet vibrator during foreplay or something but thats it.

Usually the sex toys are just for me because we don't yet live together so If my OH isn't around and i'm a little 'frisky' I turn to my toys :P

Now handcuffs and blindfolds thats just to add a little more spice/fun to the sex life not that we need it :P

Personally I think people who are 'vanilla' are really boring and they are missin out xx

I definitely don't agree with that!

Although I've never been in a proper relationship or had a partner to experience using toys with, I think that toys make you experiement more with yourself, and with a partner, and they help to keep your sex life interesting and fun.

Maybe they're just too insecure or unadventurous. Maybe they use toys themselves and are turning it back because they're ashamed to admit it. I don't know...

Totally agree :)

Xx

It's a bit like dessert. A meal can be lovely and satisfying without it, but it sure does make the meal more interesting and enjoyable with it.

one time when i was chatting with my dad earlier in the year he suddenly started moaning about my mum's vibrator usage and she's been using them 25-30+ years these days he sees a vibrator as a man replacement i'm sure it hasn't always been that way where as i see them as an enhancement to sex and masturbation it helps keep things fresh and interesting

Nice to read this thread and get some more opinions on this. When I told my work pals that I'd started using sex toys, a few were genuinely interested but others that caught wind of it were a bit snidey. (You know how news travels fast round work.)

A few women laughed at me and said I was stupid and that toys can't replace real sex, to which I laughed at them and informed them I am a virgin and have nothing to compare it to anyway. They were really shocked and acted like that I was a slut or something for having toys but no boyfriend! They said I was sad and needed to get pleasure from my toys because no man would ever want me. At the time I said nothing but many retorts were running through my head, none of them polite.

I think virgins get a worse deal than couples who use sex toys, but as others have said, toys can enhance relationships if used correctly and with trust and love. And for us singletons it makes life that bit easier :)

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

They said I was sad and needed to get pleasure from my toys because no man would ever want me.

Bulllllllllshite. Your awesome <3. you just aint found that right sombody yet.

Just cause you aint got a boyfriend doesnt mean your not allowed to enjoy yourself, its why its called masterbating!

Theres also the reaction you get when you bring it up with your friends, I've mentioned it to a couple of my friends and I got the impression they thought I was weird for having them so haven't mentioned it since. It's a shame that people think this way as it's not weird to use sex toys. And I agree with everyone that they don't replace men, I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years and he was actually the one that bought me my first sex toy and now I have a box full, it just enhances what is already there and thats all there is to it. It's fun, my boyfriend loves using them on me and has treat me to a few.

WeeSteve wrote:

Just cause you aint got a boyfriend doesnt mean your not allowed to enjoy yourself, its why its called masterbating!

Thanks :) I should try telling that last sentence to people at work if they ever bring it up again, they'd probably die of embarressment while I laughed at them lol! Cheers Steve xxx

pr4wnst4r - "it enhances what is already there" - sums relationships and toys up completely

WeeSteve wrote:

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

They said I was sad and needed to get pleasure from my toys because no man would ever want me.

Errrm.....whut! I agree with Steve on this one! I still have my V card and am not ashamed at all...I refuse to loose it to just anybody! Personally, on my own, sex toys have helped me to experience my sexuality and become more familiar with my body. And probably quicker than a man would help me to do so, haha. I'm not being funny, but even people in relationships masterbate and use toys on their own...does that mean their partner's don't want them so they use toys instead? Didn't think so.

People that respond like that are clearly boring in bed. Best sex in my life has involved sex toys because it's fun and exciting. Not because my partner is crap in bed. No two sex sessions are the same in out house. I can't imagine anything worse than getting into bed and doing it missionary every time..... Which friends have admitted they do!
People shouldn't pass comment until they try things out.
I know a lot of friends have commented about how jealous they Are over my sex life because they either have no toys because there husbands think it makes them inadequate and won't have them or because sex is so seldom for them.

That's complete bull! And I agree they must be insecure!

My partner is amazing in bed I simply see sex toys as a tool for making things even better!