Sex while on your period

What are your views about having sex when you are on your period.

I love it 😍 I am so much more sensitive when I am and much more horny too, fortunately my other half doesn't mind either xx

I find it helps with period pain and shortens my period too, oh and I tend to get really horny around this time!

1 Like

Depends how heavy I am each month. If it’s light we’ll still sex as normal, I’m much more sensitive and easier to achieve orgasm.

A little messy and more cleaning up after sex but it's ok😉. My hub loved to see his P covered with blood. Unfortunately had my menopause 3 years ago and never have this fun again.

A very timely thread, as my lady is just finishing a period. She tells me she feels especially horny at these times and says sex during her period eases the cramps as well as shortening her period. Maybe because of lockdown, we have been especially active and we have had sex several times every day of her period. I get emotional about these times as the very first time we had sex, it started her period, I was horrified when I saw blood on me, until she explained. Because this happened at my place, she then sent me shopping for "plugs" a term I hadn't previously heard! We have to modify our approach to sex, as anything too deep is obviously dangerous, so I try a shallower approach that still gives her orgasm after screaming orgasm.

Many years ago my first girl friend used to get horny as he'll on her period, so we just carried on with her tampon inside.

Now with my wife ,she wears panty liners, as her period comes to an end I like to pull her knickers to one side and make love to her, we both love it after a few frustrating days

Also I like the sight of some blood as if I'd taken her virginity again

Always horny when I'm on. Its probably because I 'cant ' have it..we usually just stick to anal.

I've never been a big lover of period sex but as times gone on I actually enjoy it more at the beginning or end of my period. I recently read a blog post from LH on the benefits to having sex/using toys when on your period and it was an eye opener. I never realised vibrations can help your cramps! I'll be trying it more now for sure...

Lovehoney sells a menstrual cup (the Ziggy - can't do links, sorry) that's meant to be used during sex.

I'd have loved one of these when I had natural periods as they were so heavy sex was impossible without making an almighty mess. I have HRT periods now that are lighter but still painful. Sex does help with the pain.

I've never tried it with a tampon in as I'm a scaredy-cat and don't want to risk Toxic Shock Syndrome. It would be bound to happen to me ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

VR wrote:

Lovehoney sells a menstrual cup (the Ziggy - can't do links, sorry) that's meant to be used during sex.

I'd have loved one of these when I had natural periods as they were so heavy sex was impossible without making an almighty mess. I have HRT periods now that are lighter but still painful. Sex does help with the pain.

I've never tried it with a tampon in as I'm a scaredy-cat and don't want to risk Toxic Shock Syndrome. It would be bound to happen to me

I've been deliberating over a menstrual cup for so long. I love the idea of them but scared to take the plunge and scared of leakage etc. I don't know many people who have used these so it's hard to get a real opinion!

Forever his ♡ wrote:

VR wrote:

I've never tried it with a tampon in as I'm a scaredy-cat and don't want to risk Toxic Shock Syndrome. It would be bound to happen to me

I've been deliberating over a menstrual cup for so long. I love the idea of them but scared to take the plunge and scared of leakage etc. I don't know many people who have used these so it's hard to get a real opinion!

The problem with menstrual cups is there are so many of them and it is really hard to get one that fits properly. My Mirena stopped my periods before I could get one sorted. The problem is you can't try one and send it back if it doesn't fit. So it gets expensive trying them

babydoll2020 wrote:

What are your views about having sex when you are on your period.

Once I found a bloke who would do it (ie who wasn't squeamish about the mess), then I insisted on it. I was so horny and it definitely helped with my pain. The fact that he loved it was a bonus.

We've done it after the first few days, I'm not bothered about the mess, think my wife's more squeamish, just put down a puppy pad and we're good( they're also good for any type of messy /wet sex )

From a male perspective it’s not the most appealing a small amount of blood isn’t bad but any more and that’s a no from me tried it but I prefer not to

As a male love it...huge turn on. She has done it but not keen

its a no from both me and Mrs Sen. Have been caught out a handful of times near the start / end her period where a small amount of blood is released after sex, but otherwise she is not feeling like it at all during.

1 Like

I personally love it. So much more hornier during my period. My partner doesn't mind luckily and we just put a towel down.

I always find im very horny before my period and just as I'm finishing. I don't mind having sex at the end of my period cos usually I'm quite heavy at the beginning. The hubby doesn't mind it either, we just put a towel down

Not a problem nowadays, but it never bothered me, just happy to be of service!