sex with kids in the house

we have a small house and a teenage daughter lives with us, this is affecting our sex life, we often wait until she goes out so we can have sex, if we do have sex with her in the house we feel that we have to be quiet and it does affect the enjoyment alot, she will be of to uni next year and that will help but what to do in the mean time, how do others deal with this.

anyone?

Does she ever play loud music?

How about you playing loud music?

Try a ball gag? Or hand over the mouth? Could be hot.

Hmmm, I cant help as my kids are still little. Very good question though. I'm sure someone will pop by with experience

Yeah ,playing music to cover any noise is good . We still have one of our grown up kids living at home so I know exactly what you mean !
We've had 3 kids and spent so many years having to keep it quiet but must admit we don't bother too much about it nowadays....if we waited for the house to ourselves we'd never have sex ! Although we do tend not to do anything obviously loud like spanking when we know we'll be overheard .
These days most teenagers are plugged in to headphones most of the time so chances are she won't hear that much .....maybe buy her a nice pair of noise cancelling headphones :)

I am a mum of 4, ranging from now 25 to 13.

When my eldest 2 still lived at home, it was really a case of waiting until they were asleep or out of the house before having sex. Occasionally we would have sex downstairs whilst they watched a DVD in their rooms but, like you, were very aware of having to be quiet which kind of kills the mood.

Maybe you could have sex in the car or book a room for the afternoon? Adds a bit of excitement to it.

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and in a long term relationship quality is better than quantity ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

When my son was living at home many years ago . told him to go to bed, he asked why. ? I said unless you want to watch your mother andi having sex I suggest you go to bed. He soon went lol

We have sex in the house with our 14 years old all the time. We have the TV whether we are havin sex or not also we have the door closed when we are going to bed and my daughter knows that she has to knock the door and wait for us to say come in before entering

Grown up daughter still lives with us so I know how difficult it can be. We have a good lock on our door, which helps somewhat to know she can't get in. We were like you for a long time and would wait until she was out or asleep but for a while now we've got on with it as we came to realise we would never be able to have fun and life is too short. We try and keep the noise down but sometimes it can't be helped. I've since found out she will turn her tv up or go downstairs (unnoticed by us). She is older than your daughter but at the end of the day it's natural to have sex and your daughter will know that and hopefully not make an issue out of it. I know it can be offputting but we figured out that it was more important for us to have intimate time together than worry about what our daughter feels (she will go through it herself eventually). The worse that can happen would be a snide mum, dad thanks for that look but I bet she wouldn't do or say anything in reality if she did hear anything.
I remember my parents at it when I was a teenager and as much as I didn't like to hear it, I knew it was normal and I was pleased that my mum and dad still did it and shared their love with each other still. I used to just stick my fingers in my ears and bury my head under the pillow lol. They were the days where no TVs were in the bedroom or headphones used.

Noise is a different issue, but if the biggest fear is your kids walking in then having a wedge under the door handy is a simple solution to not having a lock on your door,

Fit a single sliding bolt on the inside of your door

Gentle giant wrote:

Fit a single sliding bolt on the inside of your door

It's not always possible, if you rent, the landlords can get very protective of what type of screwing in their house is permissible... ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

Not worried about her walking in, it's more the noise

I given up careing we wait till after midnight so if my 13 year old is still up then on school night its her fault and i doubt she is going to say i was up and herd you have sex she has head phones she can put on and i figure in all truthful ness is it the worse thing if she hears 2 perants very much in love.
still we hide it but maybe it OK and i feel it shows its OK in a good realastionship to enjoy sex and create a good positive situation in stead of all the cheap one night sex scenarios that are was every where .
We have also said go to bed if you don't that's fine you can just watch us make out her reply i have herd you that's bad enough im going . i responded well how do u think you were made? We were grown ups and love each other stick your head phones on . her response yeah if of to find my headphone your gross night love you.
We have 6 kids 13 to 9 months so cant wait empty house

Move furniture and barracade door lol ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Throbinhood wrote:

Move furniture and barracade door lol

And then remember the door opens outwards...

We normally get to it when we know kids are asleep( we check on them before we go to bed) after that if they wake up it's there fault haha luckily only the older one would know what's happening as we have had the middle one knock on the door and say he heard us jumping on the bed and my wife making loud noises , but that's fine as he knows no different at the moment so door shut telly on and hope they stay asleep is our way

Is your daughter a "morning person"?

I'm guessing if mist teens are anything to go by then, no.

Could you go to bed earlier and set the alarm for an hour or so earlier than usual and start the day with a bang?

3 kids here.

We actually find it more fun if we try to be quiet, it's kinda like doing something naughty and trying not to get caught. Head under a pillow to muffle groans, and the TV being on help a lot.

My wife also has a whisper quiet vibrator for fun and games if the kids are still awake.

What we tend to do when we need to get really noisy is either wait til they're all out/at school, or get one of our grown up kids to babysit for the night, and we disappear to a country hotel with a corner bath and four-poster bed (a few times a year, lol) ! A hotel for the night doesn't have to cost a fortune ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I live with my mother at the moment and I've heard her on occasion, but I'd rather she was still having it and making a bit of noise every now and again, than bothering me when she's all stressed and irritated after not having it for a while! I just turn the tv up or put my headphones in. It's only natural at the end of the day and if she's still up whilst you're having sex, then I'm sure she can figure out for herself how to drown out the noise :)