Sexy Pagans

Me! An earth-based spirituality - kind of like druidry but without all the huffing and puffing

I'm one too!!! Yayness ^_^ x x x x x

Whats everyone doing for the summer solstice? xxxx

Camping out with my friends and family overnight Saturday/ Sunday - nothng too serious. Then going off Monday - Wednesday with my buddy Babycakes - see where the mood takes us

Oooh, i was thinking of a sexy evening under the stars with the OH, been trying to get some damn garden candles, but having no luck so far,lol

x x x

Do you mean the ones on a stick or citronella? IKEA sometimes do the stick ones and Lidl do citronella occasionally. Put regular tealights in a jar or a tin can that you have pierced some holes in (fill the can with water and freeze to make it easier to pierce).

the ones on sticks, and im nowhere near an ikea, lol, or lidl.

Ooooh, im loving your tin idea!!! thank you JayGee ^_^

And *hugs for Nexas!!!* x x x

Don't feel lonely Nexas hunny. You're never lonely as a pagan *hugs*

Morbidia wrote:

the ones on sticks, and im nowhere near an ikea, lol, or lidl.

Ooooh, im loving your tin idea!!! thank you JayGee ^_^

Oh no this is turning into "Green Peter" LOL. Seriously, I love a fire, just to sit round and think or natter. We have one of those drums from an old washing machine in the garden.

Nexas, i'd invite you along, but dont think the OH would approve ;) hehe

Ooooh, my mums obsessed with fire, lol, she loves burning things, hehe x x x

Nexas wrote:

But you're both discussing being with your partners for the Solstice...and it makes me feel lonely!

Sorry petal - if you can hustle your butt up here for any later ones, you'll be most welcomeExternal Media

And friends are just as god as partners. Gee isn't a pagan, which is why I go off with BC.

I'm lucky on that front, my OH (Handyman on LH), is indeed a pagan aswell, so it worked out nicely :)

x x x

*more hugs for Nex* - sorry to hear that lovey but maybe it was for the best eh?

Of course, Gee says he's not a pagan - loves trees, forests, observes the festivals, has an altar of sorts (across from mine) LOL

lol, yeah, that was my thought exactly, that and that is the cutest thing ive ever heard, having alters accross from eachother ^_^

x x x x

Fantastic idea for a thread JayGee :) And hi guys!

And you shouldn't feel lonely Nexas. Really not! To put in nicely, I am not good with the whole 'relationship' thing and, as a result, and very often single. But as long as you've got friends, or people to chat to, that's the important thing right?!

I have to say, the discussing things/ group activities kind of thing has never really worked with me in the spiritual side of life (which is funny - considering I love to chat, argue, debate, discuss, whatever, about almost anything!), so I suppose that it depends on the person.

No solid plans this year, just a solitary celebration. Am going to cook for a friend though (and she is GOING to like it!) and have a nice flamey summer theme going on. Being a chilli-wuss, speciality curry is unfortunately out for her, but I'm thinking some tomatoey, peppery... pasta?!

Cute? Gee and I aren't cuteLOL - you wouldn't say that if you saw us (being 40 something hairy bikers). But yes, I have my altar with my hares and things I find on my granny's sideboard and on the other side of the room, Gee has his "altar" with his Green Man and Tree person, candles and incense on a Shaker tabel that he made. We were out on the bike the other day and he asked me if I wanted to pop into the local spooky shop! Yes, denial is more than a river in Egypt.

Mimiaow, I know what you mean (and welcome to the Coven of Lovin') - I have stood in large groups of druids and felt nothing, yet have had the most amazing experiences either with BC or on my own. Frankly, I think too many folks (many of whom are there for the dressing up - and please don't think I'm referring to cosplay Nex and Andi 'cos I'm not) detracts from what you are trying to achieve.

Hello to all Pagans! I Iove nature and all that type of pagan-y stuff but have never thought of myself as one! My OH teaches sign lang and one of her students is a full on practising druid, nice lady she is too!

I've got to say that or she'll cast a spell on me probably

You would all love my fires I make at work. . .they're massive! People just come out of the offices and surrounding buildings to watch. Funny how a good fire brings everyone together isn't it? I've got a nice fire-pit in my garden that we sit around on summer evenings, eating and drinking usually!!

SG69 x

JayGee, if your OH wishes to deny he's pagan, thats fine, but we all know better ;) hehe

And i still think the alters thing is cute, and i love hairy bikers ^_^

Mimi, im the same aswell, im a solitary practitioner, and i prefer it.

SG, i'd love to have a ritual that had a giant fire, but id probably end up burning things im not meant to, i get carried away, hehe, and i've always found pagans to be the nicest peopl i've ever met :)

Nexas *more hugs for you!!!!* And i know what you mean about the wannabes, my friend said he knows loads of pagans, but they seem to me to be exactly what you said, goths who call themself wiccan, and know nothing. And me and the OH have never actually practiced as a couple before, but id love to

x x x x x x

Ah, it's lovely to hear all of your perspectives and have a nice chat - sex and spirituality combined, what could be better?! Although Nexas, I've never been a part of any sex magick, or intentionally raising energy that way. I'm very interested in meeting a fellow minded woman though, because I expect that as long as there's a bond there, it would be intense.

I'm definitely more than happy being a part of the Coven of Lovin' though, thanks JayGee my dear!

Haha, I wouldn't worry about your OH's student though, SG69! The only 'magickally inclined' person that I've known to be malicious (and I'm chosing my words carefully because, like several of you have mentioned, there are far too many wannabee show-offs), I only believe was harming herself in her bitterness.

You are so lucky to have such an understanding/ helpful mother Nexas - I guess the two of you are close? Has anyone had any problems coming out of the broom closet?

xxx

As I said, I was first into all things pagan about 20 years ago - but at the same time I was into anarchist/ anti-fascist politics and they didn't mix very well so the paganism was subsumed to a degree. But then about 5 years ago, when I realised that my spirituality was as important as anything else, I got more active. Sure, I had a couple of bad experiences (just because someone is a pagan, doesn't mean they aren't a f*ckwit) but now I practise mostly with a few friends.

Trust is very important, but that goes without saying in pretty much all walks of life. I mean, I trust you folks 'cos you know I am a pagan as well as a sex machine