Sexy Pagans

What "cause" babe? Oh we spend so much time trying to fit into other people's tight constraints (well. if you like) - I mean definitions. Am I not a druid because I don't have a grove? Or stand about in a specially made robe, reciting someone else's words that mean shit to me? If I have learned nothing else in this shabby life, it's to be yourself. I know I have learned that too late, but boy, am I making up for lost time!

That's what's so marvellous about LoveHoney - lots of damn fine people, enjoying themselves and sharing the love. If we can't love ourselves, who can we love? (Oh jeez - I sound like Whitney Houston)

hey all

im not a pagan, but im intreasted in outher religions and belifes.

can i ask what the one year and one day thing is?

Dxx

In traditional pagan/wiccan ways, it is said that it takes someone who intends on becoming one, a year and a day to learn the teachings.

x x x

Morbidia wrote:

In traditional pagan/wiccan ways, it is said that it takes someone who intends on becoming one, a year and a day to learn the teachings.

x x x

oh right, thanks for telling me M :) it sounds really intreasting, my mums kinda spritulist but doesnt go to church but does go to meetings where theres a medium, ive been with her a few times and i def do think life goes on but im not sure really what you would class us religion wise lol

Dxx

heya. im also pagan.

seeig a bit of a trend here....

x

So many people spell cast willy nilly, but usually not alot happens as a result, lol.

And Poppy, i agree, pagans love sex and sex toys, me thinks its official ^_^

x x x

Nexas wrote:

Poppy: What kind of a pagan?

It's awesome to see so many!

Diamonds: Yes, a year and a day of research, reading and soul searching to ensure that this is truly the path you wish to walk. We wouldn't want people casting spells willy-nilly now would we?

no particular kind. its just the closest way of explaining who i am and what i believe. never found any religion which includes all of what i believe, unfortunately. x

Diamonds: Yes, a year and a day of research, reading and soul searching to ensure that this is truly the path you wish to walk. We wouldn't want people casting spells willy-nilly now would we?

i was just thinking after reading this, how do you real pagans feel about teenage mags telling you how to make and do spells? do you agree with them or do you think its kinda belittleing (if thats the right word for it?) your religion and belifes?

as i said im not pagan and sadly i dont know much about it as were more spritual (well my dads a grumpy git and dont belive in it lol but my mum does) and weve seen mediums ect and i find that i get worried, scared and creeped out when i hear of storys of people messing about and doing things they shouldnt do when there not trained and even things trained mediums wouldnt do.

sorry completly off topic

Dxx

I'm not really that fussed about it, if there heart and soul isnt put into a spell, then the chance of a good effect happening is minimal in my opinion. Its just a lil fun for them, doesnt hurt anyone.

And yeah,i know what you mean, it is a bit of a scary thought, like one of my friends randomly decided to do use ouija board. They dont have a thought for the consequences.

x x x

Nexas wrote:

Poppy: What kind of a pagan?

It's awesome to see so many!

Agreed, only I would say that the 'year and a day' custom isn't strict religious dogma, just a tradition that many practicing witches chose to follow (and I'd expect that it was pretty important in a coven/ circle scenario). If you're adhering to a particular branch of witchcraft, and the traditions fit with your belief system, then these kind of things are important. However (personally) I feel that as an unbrella term 'paganism', one doesn't have to undergo any initiations or rituals. If you're starting to walk your spiritual path, it's best to feel the way and work out what's good for you (at the risk of sounding loony hippy :))!

redapple, diamonds and poppy - welcome to the thread (and anyone else lurking)

Nexas - you are cool hunny

And for the last time, me and Gee are not cute - imagine Hagrid and Billy Connolly together (actually, maybe don't)

Nex - you do realise that in the Coven of Lovin' TM (c), that you are so far the only fella? Which means you get all the high priest priveleges? Ooh put your athame into my chalice

put your athame into my chalice???

I'm loving that and may start using that as a come on for the OH lol x x x

Morbs - I do hope you realise that is purely symbolic and not meant to be taken to mean anything with sexual connotations. We don't want non-pagans getting the wrong idea

hahahaha, yeah, of course its symbolic ;) hehe

x x x

Skyclad of course. Don't want to confuse people with Wiccan robes and druid robes and suchlike.

I'm loving the idea of sex magick.

Either of you know much about it? x x x

The negative side of it is that some creepy old geezer (think Aleister Crowley) uses nubile young womenon the pretext of performing "sexual magic" to get his end away. But the other side is when 2 (or I imagine more feasibly) people use the energy of orgasm to send positive currents out into the world, thus adding to a spell or working. Not having a pagan partner (ahem) I have never tried but some workings I have done with BC have been pretty sensual.

Oooh, i'd like to know more if either of you would be willing to give me more info :)

x x x x

You can e-mail me hun - bit late the now to get books and stuff out