ever had some one lie to you just to get a pressie

I had someone say to me theother day im so sad broke up with my oh,, and i want to buy a toy to make me happy and that they were broke too so please help me.

When the next day theIr saying there horny but can't do anything because their oh is at work

I don't understand why people buy presents anyway. I assumed it was for seedy reasons or between genuine friends/internet friends.

If there's the chance though, of course there'll be people who'll lie lol! It's so unfair though, hope you didn't already buy! xx

o h yeah it was only a fiver but its the princial that counts she lied to me

I'm with maltedmilk, don't really get the whole present buying thing on here. I've started to notice a lot of "hot" girls putting wishlists on their profiles and basically saying buy me stuff cause im soooo sexy. I don't think so. Its all a bit sleazy if you ask me. And yes, you were screwed

Yep well and truly,

just wanted to make a point to everyone dont do it tsa scam most of the time

That's a f*cked up thing to do, I can't stand people like that who lie and manupulative in order to take advantage of someone's generosity.

I don't really bother with the chat function on here. I accept all my friend requests and if I received a message I would respond but nobody has tried to IM me since around the time I first joined the forum. On the bright side tho, at least I get to avoid some of the less than favourable people on here.

oooo yes i have had it happen and i know others too. I buy gifts for my friends on here and i love to do it, none of them have ever asked for anything and all of them have been a nice surprise to them from me to show i was thinking about them. Nothing sordid, just friendship...... but then you get the people who see this and think you are a soft touch, who play all the cards they can in order to get what they want. The "it's my birthday next week" has been told to me and friends before, if anyone falls for it you tend not to see the asker again on the forum.

from me personally they arn't getting anything, i am a broke girl who works hard to pay the bills, when i have a few quid i treat myself or a friend......and i will never ever buy for anyone who posts on the pressy thread saying "i'd love a pressy" or anyone who targets myself or a friend with some bullcrap story in order to get something.

I don't know how anyone has the nerve to do something like that. It's really sad that they feel the need to take advantage of the generosity of others. I know it sucks when money is tight but I have to wonder if people have lost the habit of saving up for something in this age of immediate gratification.

You'll always get people who want things for free and will shamelessly lie for them, I like the LH system, I've never used it and never would expect anyone to buy me anything through it, I see sex toys as a luxury, If I cant afford them I'm not going to beg a stranger for one lol

Thats terrible, some people are right bitches.. sorry that happened hun and someone took advantage of u!

"Buy me presents because I'm too stingy to spend my own money"

Hey, don't look at me like that, at least I'm honest. LOL

Cat Lady wrote:

I don't know how anyone has the nerve to do something like that. It's really sad that they feel the need to take advantage of the generosity of others. I know it sucks when money is tight but I have to wonder if people have lost the habit of saving up for something in this age of immediate gratification.

TBH, my guess is that it's probably more about the manipulation than the money. :-(

I will never-ever understand such people - it is like begging on the street for me... Personally, I would prefer to buy rather than be bought - it is extremely pleasureful to see a happy face ;)

I don't find that all that surprising to be honest. I do like the Lovehoney gifting system- I have bought a few things for a couple of people and have generously been gifted too. I wouldn't want to be involved in anything that is pressured or obligated.

It's pretty easy to pick up on the manipulation though. I'm not here for the gifts nor pretend to. It's a nice and friendly environment, one I am happy to be part of.

I tend to avoid people asking for things- as long as they're not pressurising others. As for lying lying.. well, not everyone will be honest, especially online to get what they want.

I am a mad bugger for pressies!! I spent more on others then myself!

Personally I've never had anyone ask me for presents before but any hint I detected would instantly stop me talking to them. It's just rude and you wouldn't do it in real life so why on here? I think some people on here forget they're talking to human beings. If I've ever sent or received a gift it has been because of true friendship.

I'd also like to say how sad it is that people like that ruin chat for the rest of us because if I ever think "ooo I'll just tell them I want X because they genuinly like to know what interests me" I then immediately think "oh wait, can't say that, they'll think i'm asking them to get it for me" It's a shame.

From what I have heard most people who offer a prezzie want something in return, its rare for a prezzie to be just that. I did buy someone a prezzie once which she enjoyed, well who wouldnt enjoy a holiday LOL

If someone has been particularly helpful on the forums to me or if it's their birthday I will buy them a pressie. Oftentimes though it's when I have a few quid spare and just randomly select someone off my friends list.

No-one has ever outright or subtly asked ME for a present but I see it spring up on threads all the time. If you go on a newbies profile and all they have is a profile saying "Buy me pressies" or a massive wishlist I do become more wary of them and try to avoid them.

I'm sorry you have been manipulated lickmadick, I don't think you can report this to the LH team though which is what I would suggest to do :/

gunther wrote:

From what I have heard most people who offer a prezzie want something in return, its rare for a prezzie to be just that.

I don't agree, on the prezzie thread at least it is not about wanting something in return..... unless a smile counts because thats what we want, to make someone smile.

luckylesbo wrote:

gunther wrote:

From what I have heard most people who offer a prezzie want something in return, its rare for a prezzie to be just that.

I don't agree, on the prezzie thread at least it is not about wanting something in return..... unless a smile counts because thats what we want, to make someone smile.

I cant really comment, just something I was told. Iguiess there is a difference between a surprise prezzie and something organised.