shaving tips?

Heya everyone! Firstly thanks for all the help on my last board message! I will certainly be trying your tips and suggestions (: I recently read this brilliant shaving guide http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex/sex-tips/2008/06/19/intimate-pubic-shaving-guide/ And was so shocked to find I’m shaving completely wrong! I always shave against the hair but I didn’t know you’re meant to shave in the direction. I tried this the other day but I found it wasn’t as smooth, however there were a lot less bumps and was a lot more pleasant to do! When the hair grows back its always unbearable, itchy and horrible. I still haven’t found a really good way to shave; I find it really unpleasant to do and was just wondering if anyone here knows any good tips or products that leave you smooth and rash free! And just maybe minimize that horrible stubble feel when it grows back.

Eek prettyblonde, always a danger with newbies, not your fault at all, you would have to while away a sgnificant proportion of your life to be upto date with all the threads, but seek and ye shall find. This is a thread subject somewhere if you check the list of pages, thenagain someone new may have new input on this. I can write from the male perspective, but intuition tells me you might be a girlie !!!

Tallboy

Tb...you never miss a trick.

And PB, there is a previous thread all about this issue, with excellent advice, so have a scan and good luck!

xxx

You offering to turn a trick then ruru !!!

TB

Okay thanks :) i'll take a look

xxx

Absolutely not TB...

I never charge

xxx

ive found thats the more u shave the more ur body gets used to it and stops the bumps and red skin ect.

saying that i only use the intuisation blades as ive found i have no problem wot so ever with these, no bump's, no ingorwing hair nothing. i dont even cut my legs when shaveing them with this blade like i do with all other types of razzors.

just think its so,ething uve got to get ur body used to really.

diamondsxx

diamonds wrote:

ive found thats the more u shave the more ur body gets used to it and stops the bumps and red skin ect.

saying that i only use the intuisation blades as ive found i have no problem wot so ever with these, no bump's, no ingorwing hair nothing. i dont even cut my legs when shaveing them with this blade like i do with all other types of razzors.

just think its so,ething uve got to get ur body used to really.

diamondsxx

I would agree that the more you do it, the less it itches and get any bumps. I don't have any on those and contrary to the advice on that LH tip page, I ALWAYS shave against the direction of growth not with it and have found that gives the nicest, smoothest result (assuming that is what you are after?)

Maybe it doesn't suit everyone or most people, but works for me.

I recently started shaving and I'm a bit mystified, first because my hair is curly and grows in all directions, so there isn't a direction of growth! Also I just use Tesco shaving cream and a Bic disposable razor and it seems fine!

It's a case of finding what works for you I suppose.

You are meant to shave WITH the hair growth...this is what i have always done, and i get no shaving rash or itching. I use plenty of shaving cream, and special bikini line razors. The razor MUST be sharp, as this helps to stop the rash, so I usually use a brand new one. I also have started (thanks to a top tip off here) massaging baby oil/lotion after shaving. This gives me a lovely, lickably smooth result.

xxx

RuRu Rabbit wrote:

I also have started (thanks to a top tip off here) massaging baby oil/lotion after shaving. This gives me a lovely, lickably smooth result.

xxx

Well I have to own up I haven't got anyone to comment on the lickability of my method yet.

tee hee walrus...your picture does make me smile...

xxx

Well RuRu, that is not actually a picture of me shaving, something went wrong with it.

i guessed that dear...it just makes me smile...

xxx

p.s email has been sent...

I shave my legs against the hair's growth, but for bikini area I shave with it, because it does not shave so close hence you get less ingrown hair and bumps. Also try a dry shaver as this is not as close as a wet shaver so I find I get less bumps. You'd obviously need to do it everyday though.

This advice is for face shaving, but it transfers downstairs well too

Don't use one of those new 5 bladse razors, The moe blades you get, the closer they are, this is great if you shave twice a day, as soon as you get any kind of growth they clog As soon as they clog they pull instead of cutting, you end up with a bloody patch of skin which is very sore.

Stick with a decent 3 blade razor, these are very comfortable (They were the best on the market for 20 years!) and are more compact & easier to use. Change often to keep it SHARP!

Shave after the bath or shower- Preps skin well & softens the hair.

Stick plenty of foam/gel on the shaving area, leave for a few mins to soften your hairs.

Hold skin tight as you shave, rinse well warm then COLD water to seal the skin.

Pat don't rub with a towel. Apply a good balm to soote the skin *Alcohol Free!!!!* (as not all are!)

imeldaimelda wrote:

I shave my legs against the hair's growth, but for bikini area I shave with it, because it does not shave so close hence you get less ingrown hair and bumps. Also try a dry shaver as this is not as close as a wet shaver so I find I get less bumps. You'd obviously need to do it everyday though.

Do you not find it still leaves it a bit stubley because when i do it in the way of the direction, its really spikey and un smooth

x

I usually use a dry shaver, and first go over in the direction of the hair, and then go back over, in the opposite direction, i find that way, theres less stubble and there are also less hair ingrowths and bumps. But still, it is a constant maintenence kind of thing.

x x x x

I've said it before and I'll say it again - get a Smoothshave! It's absolutely fab, very small and handy and leaves you smooth smooth smooth. It is expensive and I wasn't convinced at first but I'm so glad I bought it!

You just trim trim the hair down with a clippers/trimmer then dust it with baby powder and go for it. You can use it EVERYWHERE with no risk of nasty cuts! Pain free hollywood - bargain!

PrettyBlonde wrote:

imeldaimelda wrote:

Do you not find it still leaves it a bit stubley because when i do it in the way of the direction, its really spikey and un smooth

x

Yes unfortunately it's always going to leave a tiny bit of hair that you will feel because it's not a close shave. If it was, you're more likely to get the bumps. Stretching the skin taunt will help but to be honest, this is why I wax! I just shave so I can go swimming. I think littlebird's suggestion sounds really good.