Shaving.

Has anyone tried a shaving oil rather than shaving gel, soap or cream?

Just bought King of Shaves shaving oil, seems to give a much closer shave and you have the added bonus in that is it a moisturiser as well.

Happy days!!!

I prefer King Of Shaves gel,it doesn`t leave razor burn on my face and as it`s clear i can see what i`m doing,obviously it`s great on other parts too!

Ummm, I don't know how to put this delicately, so heregoes.

I'd like to be clean-shaven 'down there' for my gf, but am quite hairy around the lower part of my penis and my scrotum and rather nervous about going there with a razor. Can anyone recommend a blade or gel that gets the job done, or even a hair removal cream, although as far as I'm aware, they're not recommended for use around the genital area?

Google - Cleancut Intimate Shaver.

I try not to shave- bumps! I much prefer waxing. I have used oil before and haven't found it to be any better than soap etc x

I've used King of Shaves shaving oil as well as various gels but none of them were great for me, I think I'm just incredibly prone to shaving bumps and have rather sensitive skin. Legs are fine but more intimate areas needed something else. Then Cazz sent me the intimate shaver sold on Lovehoney to test, it's brilliant! You use it dry and it gives me a closer shave than razors do and for me at least has completely removed shaving bumps and ingrown hairs. Of everything I've bought from Lovehoney it gets used the most which does rather amuse me!

Granted wax would be closer and last longer but I can't bring myself to endure the pain down there or the embarrassment of having it done at a salon.

i love to shave (or be shaven by my oh) just take your time this king of shaves oil soundsgood iv never heard of it till now

when i shave i always get those dreded red bumps ive tryed everything HELP!

I think the original question was about shaving your face, unless I'm mistaken. I use Palmolive cream with a really cool shaving brush my wife gave me. I use a Mach 3 razor cause I reckon they're the best.

I've used king of shaves oil in the past but I stooped using it because I've sensitive skin and it burned my face. I also broke out in spots if I remember correctly. It was very good but didn't suit me.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

I think the original question was about shaving your face, unless I'm mistaken.

Well, the subject title was just 'Shaving' and didn't specify any place in particular and since it was listed under the 'Sex Tips & Talk' section, I think it would be quite easy to construe as referring to areas slightly below the face. Or is it just me?

I'm a cheapskate so soap is the only way to go for me lol...

I was thinking about getting an epilator because my hair grows back after a few days and it's frustrating. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

Buttsinyourface wrote:

I'm a cheapskate so soap is the only way to go for me lol...

I was thinking about getting an epilator because my hair grows back after a few days and it's frustrating. ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

I use an epilator but have mixed results. I like it on my armpits- it really does get rid of everything and is very smooth, but on my legs it just gave me bumps and was far too easy to miss fine hairs.

So I epilate my armpits, shave my legs, but get waxed "down there". I know people say they're too embarrassedtoget it done, but after the first time it's fine (and you end up talking to them about the most random things). OK, so it stings a bit, but the more you do it the finer the hair gets, and there really is nothing like a proper Brazilian done by a professional...oh how I love being smooth all the way round ;-)

Waxing all the way for us! Wouldnt have it any other way

King of Shaves is a good brand and have used the oil. Though since stubble/beard is all the rage still, don't bother to clean-shave. Try a good beard-trimmer - cheap, and you can get down to 0.5mm, and easy on the skin.

can't fault this product:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31018

I would recommend coconut oil for pretty much anything (including shaving!). Ok, it's not particularly cheap but it is 100% natural and doesn't leave any bumps or rashes. It is naturally antibacterial as well. My partner and I use it for shaving as well as a lube with toys, anal, vaginal, pretty much anything goes! It lasts ages, it's totally edible (we also use it in cooking as it is super healthy). Massage oil, hair conditioner...there's thousands of uses. I could go on but you get the picture...it's bloody brilliant!

![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Totally agree with coconut oil - is an amazing moisturiser and totally natural.

We actually use a mixture of coconut and hazlenut oil.

very good for shaving and for after shaving too.

Magicnumber69 i use a Mach 5 Turbo razor and King Of Shaves sensitive gel,for both face and scrotum,penis with no trouble,i find it easier to soak in a hot bath then drain the water so that when lying down your bits are above the waterline.It is much easier to shave those parts lying down from my experience.Nice smooth shave with no nicks!

It was about shaving anywhere you shave really.

Thanks for the replies.

ANyine tried Allum for razor burn or little nicks after the shave?

Made the mistake of using a shave oil with menthol in it ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif)

won't be repeating that one

xGGx