Shopping Under the Influence?

On a day to day basis, we get lots of customer comments (apologies, the pretty formatting has fallen off the page...) and I just read one that mentioned how they had purchased after rather a lot of wine!

I was just wondering - have you ever drunk-shopped (on Lovehoney or on any other site)? If so, was it a good experience, or one to regret? Does a bit of booze make your braver or is it a bit out of hand?

Personally, I've never had something turn up that I didn't know what coming, but I have plumped for purchasing something that was on a wishlist after having had some wine!

I have ordered things a few times whilst 'under the influence' - never really regretted it, but have thought "Did i really need it?" or "Why the hell did i buy that?!"

I have placed two orders off here after a few glasses, but tbh i love my LH stuff so those kinds of orders i will happily accept :D

:)

xxxx

I've never shopped whilst under the influence. To be honest I am more horny and just jump my partner and use what I have. I would rather think more about purchases.

it does have the odd advantage. I don't drink alot, but have found I buy things I wouldn't normally consider after a glass or two. :D

A couple of drinks can make me more willing to part with money.

I have an internal measure of how much I think I want something versus how much I want to part with the cash. A lot of the time even if something is really cheap I still won't buy it, because part of me concludes that it won't deliver sufficient enjoyment, and I might as well keep the money for a rainy day.

Some mild intoxication is liable to shift the balance towards saying "to hell with it" and making the purchase. I don't think I've ever really regretted it.

1 Like

Never ordered anything but you only have to get me tipsy to get me to spill all of mine and my OH's biggest sex secrets, and this has happened far too often, much to the horror and amusement of our close friends! Yes, I think alcohol certainly makes you braver and takes away your inhibitions :)

From here, no, but I have woken up thinking, "whoopsie, how am I planning on payin for this"

I dont often drink (once a year if that) I am usually one of those people that likes to ponder over something for ages, come back later and have another look. So I havent ever made any purchases under the influence. Unless under the influence of raging hormones and naughty thoughts counts? If so I made plenty of those!

I have made quite a few snap decisions on DOTD and other offers though. I am an "offers" slut.

I know what I'm like. I have to take all my money out of the bank, otherwise I spend it. If I want to make a purchase I have to think "is it worth going to town to put money in 1st?"

I used (and still do) have a serious shopping problem :(

I ordered a DvD last week after a party... a few days later I went shopping and saw a copy and started thinking, 'I want that DvD a lot, but why?' The next day a copy turned up. Luckily I didn't buy another copy, but atthe time I seriously couldn't remember ordering it. I ordered lots of helpful household thing at the same time, including boring pet food, and oddly remembered all of that. It was very odd.

I haven't really done it before... all I can think is that I knew I needed those other day-to-day things and felt a bit like 'Man, this is boring, I should treat myself.' I treated the rabbits too, to an amazing tunnel thing - but I don't think thathelps my case.

I set up Toy with me Tuesday while drinking malt... but it was something I had planned for months, and just needed the guts to do it.

Sometimes I think ASOS rely on my impulsive purchases.

I bought some gorgeous shoes on there after a cheeky glass of wine on Saturday night. Turns out they're 6 inches high and way too big for me. *Sigh*

Note to self, turn the wireless off before opening the bottle...

I am a sucker for buying CDs at live bands....they are always rubbish

As you may know some of us have been known to have brushes with the authorities from time to time on the way home after a “social session” out with friends. Well, two days ago I was out for an evening with friends and had several cocktails followed by some rather nice red wine. Feeling jolly I still had the sense to know that I may be slightly over the limit.

That’s when I did something that I’ve never done before - I took a cab home. Sure enough on the way home there was a police road block, but since it was a cab they waved it past.

I arrived home safely without incident. This was a real surprise, as I had never driven a cab before. I don’t know where I got it, and now that it’s in my garage I don’t know what to do with it... any suggestions?

Don't shop online like this but have been caught by the shopping channels after a few drinks.

I don't normally watch them but for some reason i get hooked after a few drinks and convince myself i need a new mop or something!

i think so,

but it's only reduced my waiting time for a purchase, rather than actually made the decision for me. true here and at amazon.com etc. too.

good thing too, as I had 30 years of LH-free sex before getting started here, so I'd the the beer or glass of vino tinto has actually been on balance a good thing!