Should I shave my pubes?

I know these days many women shave their nethers and there are guys that do it too, though it isn’t as common...? I’ve thought about shaving my own a few times, but always end up in two minds. Any guys here that do/have? How do you find it? Are there any benefits? I have read that we have pubes as a form of protection and that when the groin sweats thanks partially to pubes, pheromones are released, which help attract partners. Though I’ve read that shaving them can make your cock look slightly bigger...? Also, I imagine it would help make giving blowjobs by a partner somewhat better without getting hairs in their mouths lol.

I shave for one reason only looks and feels great 😉

Nice. If it looks and feels good that gives me incentive to give it ago. Doesn’t it itch at any point though? Like when it grows back?

It can yeah but just reminds you it's time to shave again

Very itchy we prefer the natural look both of us. I hear on men being shaven can heighten things but not in my experience

Natural look for me too - myself and men.

I trim and neaten, but get rid of the ball hair.

That’s totally up to you. Personally I prefer my partner at least trims, I can’t go down on someone if there’s too much hair. Strays on the tongue are very off putting!

I don't shave, it takes to much time and the itch is a pain in the ass I use the following for a close from and it only takes minutes https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38465

K&c30's wrote:

I don't shave, it takes to much time and the itch is a pain in the ass I use the following for a close from and it only takes minutes https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38465

Fantastic kit never seen this before

I shave my head with clippers so give downstairs a no.2 whilst I'm at it. Balls get a wet shave when I'm in the shower

Up to you, I'm smooth there and have been for a very long time just prefer it that way, and I wear some very small G strings or lace panties.

I prefer to shave mine, patience is the key. Scrotum can be tricky, you need to stretch out the skin tight. Personally I think you feel everything more from juices running down, to my OH's tongue.

I’ve just seen an advert for VEET for men is this safe on the pubic area or should I stick to a careful razor?

I buzz mine with some hair clippers but that's all. Shaved it fully a couple of times but it itched like a bastard and being hairy all over also looked ridiculous. My wife does a similar thing so we look tidy without being totally bald. Exactly how we both like it. But yeah, it's a preference thing. Try it and see how you get on, you won't know until you give it a go!

Have shaved my balls for years (in the shower) and would never go back to hair on them. I trim above, not too short so it is not prickly, have never gone full commando above.

it is nice when they get played with by OH without the hair.

Veet isn't safe for this region. Just need a sharp clean razor or two.

It’s all down to personal preference, but I’d encourage you to try it at least once or twice. I usually shave and then maintain short hair through regular trimming in the shower- I never get itchy regrowth and my theory is that I use a good quality 5+ blade razor and always splash with freezing water when I’m done. Could be coincidence though. My partner is a cismale and he said “Being fully shaved there makes me feel cleaner, and when hair gets too long it’s just uncomfortable to me”. When he shaves fully too often he gets little ingrown hairs which can itch- maybe it’s a frequency thing ? I don’t think his penis looks bigger or smaller regardless of his pube length, but you can create a kind of illusion by trimming tighter at the base ? That’s too much effort for us. :’) If you naturally get a sweaty crotch, I’d advice keeping trimmed hair, because not many people like sticky balls stuck to their thighs.

Use a hair removal cream, like Veet/Nair ect and it'll remove the hair fully from the roots-unlike shaving. I use hair removal cream and it feels so smooth and my husband loves it. Works wonders all over and it doesn't grow back itchy like it does when I shave. Go for it, my husband also gets rid of the hair on himself down there - i'd much prefer to give head without my face being covered in his pubic hair.. so for us its cleaner, feels/looks better and its more desirable.

No, not unless you want to.