Single or long-distance, which is worse?

I've done the whole long-distance thing for a while and don't think it's something I'd get into again. I don't mind if they live (for example) on the other side of my city, which can take about an hour for me to get to still but at least I could do it spontaneously if I wanted. It's the having to plan everything way in advance that bugs me. It's more an issue of accessibility than distance for me. I've dated people that lived a fair few miles away but could still say 'I'll come round yours for a few hours tonight to', which was fine. But also dated someone at the other end of the country who I could only see after lots of planning and discussing and online booking- which was frustrating to say the least!

Sometimes I actually enjoy the feeling of getting sexually frustrated to the point it's almost unbearable and I can think of nothing else. But when it's continuous and pro-longed it just isn't fun any more and I'd rather be single. I'm sure hungry donkey's would rather there be no carrot than one dangling infront of them.

hehe your last line made my laugh chip :)

Miss BoomStick wrote:

hehe your last line made my laugh chip :)

Have a check online at megabus.com and thetrainline.co.uk. If booked early enough in advance you can make some great savings! I recently saved £15 on a £23 train journey. Don't forget the young persons railcard either and have a look at this link:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/?tab=16&dd

Long distance sucks. Epically.

But if he dumped me, I'd feel worse.

If I'd never met him I'd prefer to be single and have fun rather than trapping myself in a long distance relationship which leaves me frustrated a lot... but I did meet him, and I love him so I prefer to be long distance now. Even if it sucks. lol.

thanks WA I'll check it out. How old do you have to be for the young persons card? I'm 21 in november so theres no point in getting one if it'll run out then.

I know what you mean timid, I really wouldn't know what to do if he had left me before he went.

I guess if you didn't really know the person too well then it might be better to stay single rather then get into a long distance relationship.

Miss BoomStick wrote:

thanks WA I'll check it out. How old do you have to be for the young persons card? I'm 21 in november so theres no point in getting one if it'll run out then.

I know what you mean timid, I really wouldn't know what to do if he had left me before he went.

I guess if you didn't really know the person too well then it might be better to stay single rather then get into a long distance relationship.

16-25! Whoo!

wooooooot!

Before this relationship I have always been single and I didn't mind it but my confidence really got the better of me, I never made moves on guys I liked so in the end I hated it, then entered my perfect OH. He is perfect in every single way possible and it reaaaaallly hurts that when I come home from a shit day at work and all I want is a kiss and cuddle and in reality I get an empty bed :(

So I'd say, long distance is far worse because yes if you were single you'd still get an empty bed but in a long distance thing, you know you have someone who should be in the bed.

Long distance is worse, for me personally. Hopefully OH and i won't be long distance for too much longer now though *fingers crossed*

^^ Are you guys far?

Only about a 100 miles, not as drastic as i've been in the past. xx

I miss the OH when we dont see each other for a day. I couldnt cope with a long distance relationship

I have only been apart from my oh 5 days and already missing him like mad. Now he's all settled we talk a fair bit which helps but I still say, "roll on half term!"

With the job I have had a fair share of these, to the point where they were my only type of rship for a long time (about 5 years).

They can be the most frustraing of things, a simple argument can snowball hediously because of the inability to sit down and discuss problems as they come up , and as most of us are programmed you just tend to sit and stew on things.

Its not all bad though, all that building up to the point when you get to see each other again after 3 months can be amazing.

Oh Gods....Long distance is worse by far!

I couldn't do it, like many have said I just wouldn't be able to develop a bond and my mind would work overtime if they hadn't been in touch for a while...have they met someone else? are they ok? whats going on? etc....could do without it.

Being single would be loads of fun! Wouldn't bother me at all (not that I would swap what I have now for anything) x

RubberJin wrote:

I find myself in a long-distance relationship (250 miles) which is going OK, but I am finding when we're apart I am incredibly horny (more than my usual level which is fairly high). In short, it's driving me absolutely fucking nuts.

I can't decide which is worse - being single and horny, or having a sexy OH so far away you can't do anything about it.

Before you say it - phone/web/IM sex is not a great option with lodgers in the house.

Hi, I'm sure you've had loads of people reply... but me and my girlfriend live 150 miles from each other which round the M25 on a Friday Night can take anything up to 6hours to get there! I find being away from her MAKES me horny because I cant have her... which is hott!! Then when I can have her, feels 100x better!!

I'm lucky with my job that it gives me time I can go spend days there at a time and when we're together we never get as horny as when we're apart for a few days...

Being single would suck in my opinion and I'd go for the long distance, 6hour car journeys anyday!!

:) x

being in a long distance is worse...because you feel compelled to be faithful and have to go without sex... and webcams or phones are not satisyfing... I'd rather be single and be able to meet someone.

i disagree - i was with someone in a long distance during uni and on an emoional lvel it beat any random shag i could have gotten

yeah even thou im not liking being single at the mo, i would have to prefere it, i had a long distance realtionship we meet locally, but then she moved to new zealand, we tried to carry it on via webcam, but it was always going to fail. also i'm a nudist, and she didn't like me doing that. so there was not much chance of it carrying on

shame thou

Having been in two long distance relationships (one of which thankfully blossomed into living together), I don't really think I could say one is worse than the other. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, 'though I think I used to have a preference for being single.

From a sexual point of view, long distance is worse. Yes, you'll probably be in for some fabulous cyber/text/phone sex, but it's agonising being so far from the one you love and fancy, and, unless you have an agreement, you're stuck with that longing, and no amount of masturbating is going to satisfy that itch. I can't count how many times in my first relationship that I just wanted to run out, grab the nearest stranger, and go down on them. And I am NOT a promiscuous person. If you're single, you don't have that constant horniness, and you're free to go out and meet someone in your area.

From an emotional point of view...it depends. If you have superclose friends and you're single, you're probably better off staying that way. If you have a hard time sharing everything emotionally unless you're IN love with the person, or you don't have anyone you trust, then long distance has its benefits, as it gives you someone to share your hopes and dreams and fears and so on. Not only can it be easier to talk to someone you care for deeply, but it can also be easier to divulge personal things when you're not face to face with them.

Also, long distance has the advantage that it's a MUCH bigger dating pool, heh. You're kind of stuck with who's in your area, otherwise.