Single or long-distance, which is worse?

il be honest with you i felt the same when me and the missus were long distant but after 4 years, she moved in and iv never been so happy. just keep looking to the future, it really is beyond anything you could imagine!

but thinking back now it was really horrible saying bye and such :( they both have pros and cons but if your long distance and happy, stick with it. seriously its not worth ruining the relationship over sex (no matter how amazing it is!)

They both have their Pros and Cons. I am in a LDR. I personally love knowing that I have someone but I hate not being close to them.. Emotionally, I am completely content as can be just miss the physical parts of it like crazy.

LDRs are really tough but I think that adds to how strong the relationship is. If you can overcome that you can overcome anything. Communication is emphasized in LDRs and makes for a fulfilling relationship. Sex and the physical stuff can be really hard especially the little stuff like cuddling and hugging and even just smelling him lol. I'm weird.

I miss all that but we work hard at it and try and fulfil eachothers' desires as much as possible. We try and use everything available. Thank god for technology.

I think being single after being so content now with an LDR will be hard... However before experiencing that I think I was satisfied living the single life.

Aimee wrote:

I think it's probably slightly different for me; Im only studying abroad (in total for four months, but there only 46 days to go) and It's been known from the start that its only s short time and we'll be back together, so it's never been the whole ooh when are we going to see each other thing. but Cam is amazing, it's almost teasing though, and it kills not being able to just grab him, but however horny i've been i've never felt the urge to grab a stranger to satisfy it, that wouldn't even cross my mind. I'm so looking forward to seeing him I couldn't think of anyone else.

Emotionally - the situation is crazy though, being around someone all the time to not being around them at all its just like arrgh! I miss my best buddie!!

This is the bit I found harder, the physical things are much easier to 'simulate'!

I congratulate anyone who can cope with a long distance relationship. I certainly couldn't. I was away for the OH for a week which has been the longest. For me in that time it wasn't so much the sex I missed but the closeness, just being able to hold them.

My mum is a long distance relationship, has been for about 4-5 years. Last time she saw her OH was may, next time is later this month for thanksgiving. He should be moving over soon (he lives in America) but is struggling to get a job and they dont want to marry for the sake of getting him over. She usually spends around an hour or more on the phone to him every night (thank god for cheap international calls) and they also play on puzzle pirates which is where they met.

WandA wrote:

Aimee wrote:

I think it's probably slightly different for me; Im only studying abroad (in total for four months, but there only 46 days to go) and It's been known from the start that its only s short time and we'll be back together, so it's never been the whole ooh when are we going to see each other thing. but Cam is amazing, it's almost teasing though, and it kills not being able to just grab him, but however horny i've been i've never felt the urge to grab a stranger to satisfy it, that wouldn't even cross my mind. I'm so looking forward to seeing him I couldn't think of anyone else.

Emotionally - the situation is crazy though, being around someone all the time to not being around them at all its just like arrgh! I miss my best buddie!!

This is the bit I found harder, the physical things are much easier to 'simulate'!

Absolutely - there's no way I could do it again - nothing to do with the sex and everything to do with being away from my love. Emotionally, the toughest thing I've ever had to deal with!

Adx

1 Like

Frev wrote:

With the job I have had a fair share of these, to the point where they were my only type of rship for a long time (about 5 years).

They can be the most frustraing of things, a simple argument can snowball hediously because of the inability to sit down and discuss problems as they come up , and as most of us are programmed you just tend to sit and stew on things.

Its not all bad though, all that building up to the point when you get to see each other again after 3 months can be amazing.

Oh this has happened a few time with me and the OH. Silly little things snowball and before we know it we're both annoyed but cant remember what started it. And what makes it worse I suffer from depression and stuff so I always think the worst. Really can't wait to move so we can live together again, don't know how long I can cope with the long distance.

I have and yes it does! I now sob my heart out any time I see someone separated from someone they love....Rose Tyler's last episode in Dr. Who? I still can't watch it without tears!

Adx

LDR by far! Since I was recommended this site for its toys, I have no problem living on my own - apart from when my children burst into the house and don't think about knocking on my bedroom door! (And no, there is no key - it got lost years ago :( )