Smiley's in posting box & IE9

I have recently downloaded internet explorer 9 & ever since downloading the new browser it seems I cannot use any of the smileys or icons when I'm posting replies on the forum threads. I click on the smiley when writing a reply, the box comes up but no smiley's or icons load into it, so I have to close my internet browser to get off the site, then I open the internet browser, return to the site so I can log out safely.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

I think they were talking about something similar to this here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/153892-glitches-on-the-site/page-28/

Thanks EB, I just had a quick look at the link, it is mentioned, but I don't know what browser the LH member would be refering to, I maybe should have just posted straight away on that thread, but maybe this will make it easier for replies.

Thankyou kindly EB.

:) your welcome. I use chrome so I can't really help you apart from that link.

Yep same here and as Emily said we posted in glitches thread but don't think anyone has seen it yet?

You don't need to close browser down, just refresh it, you will lose whatever you typed either way, so no more smilies for IE9 users for now :-(

I posted it quite a few days ago, probably should have contacted Lh but haven't done that....

I may just load chrome back on our laptop & use both browsers for now, it may be the only answer, thankyou EB & MTC for your help.

i have IE9 at home and cannot post smilies either

Cant post smiles either with IE9, blooming OH's fault he down loaded it, I was happy with it the way it was but noooo he had to mess with my machine grrrrr :(

From what I've heard of IE9, there's quite a large portion of the internet that doesn't support its use yet. My mother downloaded it, and couldn't play any of her Facebook games, and some research I did to see if there was a fix somewhere showed up a lot of companies/colleges, etc. telling their folk to not use it as it doesn't work with their sites. Biggest problem is that it hasn't been available for testing by web developer types long enough to allow folk to make alterations to account for the random changes they've lobbed in. Horrific mess.

Generally, it's best to leave off downloading updated versions like this until they're confirmed as supported by most if not all of the types of places you'd use them. I don't see IE9 being viable for another wee while yet. Hell, it's not even compatible with many Microsoft sites yet!

If you're determined to use it, have ye tried hitting the 'compatibility mode' button next to the address bar? In many cases, that solves the issue, but otherwise best option is to grab another browser, even IE8, and just use that until they sort their shit out.