Cookies issue?

Hi LH, sorry to start another thread about issues with the site, logging out etc, but I've had this issue for the past couple of weeks and think I've figured out how it's happening at least.

I'm using Firefox or Safari on Private Browsing, and every time I log in, and go to the forum and right click a link to open in a new tab, it logs me out, as if my cookie has expired. If I continue to use the site within one tab/window, there's no problem.

It's weird that the cookie expires when having multiple active windows open within this site when logged in... or have the forums been purposely written like that?

Thanks

I have a cookies issue..... there are none in my house

Haha, sorry, that's really unhelpful I know, I hope you get it sorted, but seeing this has really made me want cookies!

Yes i have emailed LH tech support several times and they keep suggesting cookies issues.

I use Google Chrome.

However, I have noticed.. when I tick the box to `keep signed in' just below where you log in, it doesnt log me out.

So, I suggest you tick the box to stay signed in and see if this helps.

Its been a real pain for me and i have no issues with any other websites other than this one.

i have had this problem too, but i have selected the keep me logged in button. becasue its on private browsing it will log you out anyway when you close the internet.

Ah yes so private browsing is another issue when it comes to staying logged in to websites.

I dont use private browing, but i do clear the history of the browsing data every so often and unless I tick the box to stay signed in, it wont allow me to log in to Lovehoney.

I've been having this problem for ages, but the strange problem is that my sub's account is working fine.

I generally will use chrome if I plan on staying logged in for a while

I don't use private browsing and I keep having this problem too. Sometimes it's more frequent than others, at the moment it's not happening a lot so it's not really bothering me too much.

curvyandtattooed wrote:

I think it's because you're using private browsing. Nothing is saved when you are browsing in this mode e.g history, cookies, saved passwords etc. Therefore, if you keep going on and off the website/logging in and out etc, it won't save any cookies from when you have been logged in previously as it is private browsing. Hope this helps. xx

I dont use private browsing and it still continuously happens to me.

i dont use private browsing either and last week was happening a lot to me, so annoying but seems ok for last few days

I can only keep logged in by selecting 'keep logged in'.

Otherwise everytime I go to view the forums its logs my out .

Hey thanks for the responses. It's weird, I've been using Love Honey for a while and always on Private Browsing, never been an issue til the past couple of weeks. And there's other sites I'll go on whilst in private too, with similar functions.

However, I've just gone on The Doc's recommendation and got Chrome and it seems to be working, thanks!

This is sooo annoying, I use the keep me logged in box but if you open another Lh window it seems to remove Lh from the accepted cookie list on the private browsing in FF thing and then logs you out but as soon as you manually add Lh to the accepted list again then it works once more, frustrating...

However like Uxo this has only been in the last couple of weeks, used to be fine...

Yep, having the same issue again with Chrome now too. But I've just ticked 'keep me logged in' and so far, so good.

I'll probably be back in a few days moaning again!

^ im still having issues unless i tick the 'keep me logged in' box..

No multiple windows/tabs and using chrome

I keep getting logged out when viewing oh points products (particularly when sorting by points). No private browsing. Chrome 23

I tried disabling cookies by biting the legs off my gingerbread men.

VixenVic wrote:

No multiple windows/tabs and using chrome

Sorry completely and utterly off topic but no you haven't done anything wrong I just keep missing you on chat! :(