SMS in Relationships

Hi, I am new here and just wanted to get some advice.
I am a mental health sufferer and going through an Anxious and Paranoia phase.

My wife has become friends with someone new, (gay female) and always happy to spend time together and texting a lot, (feels like a lot to me).
Do women text each other alot? Am I just being paranoid?

Its very likely I am, I just dont know how much women like to have time with their friends and have constant communication.

Thanks

2 Likes

Be open, honest and speak to her; TRUST ME communication is key.

1 Like

Hi,

You ask if women text each other a lot. For me, it depends on the friend and whatā€™s going on at the time. I text some more than others. Nobody can tell you if youā€™re just being paranoid or not. We donā€™t know the circumstances, nor are we there. However, I note you say friend is gay. If the friend was straight would you still feel itā€™s too much? I guess thatā€™d be your answer.

Thanks, I have and to be honest she thinks im being a bit of a d**k asking

2 Likes

Thanks

Hiya there @TPTS :wave::wave:

Firstly welcome to the forum.

To answer your questionā€¦Yes I guessā€¦I am very chatty and message a female alot and chat on the phone with her tooā€¦and another close friend I am in contact with daily via e-mail who I can talk to about anythingā€¦ who has helped me alot and given me support as I am going through a bit of a tough time myself at the moment.

If she is being suspicious and or secretive as in hiding her phone or perhaps you donā€™t know this friend then maybeā€¦surely you could explain how you are feeling and give her the chance to explain and also for you to put your point across and also your mind at ease?

She could be more worried about your mental health than you are aware of and her friend is supporting her to avoid giving you the extra worry and stress about her.

Be open and talkā€¦talk and talk some more.

Good luck and hope things get easier for you and your wife soon.

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you for your lovely reply.
I know she is finding it hard with my mental health, its putting a lot of strain on our relationship.
I want it to work and love her dearly, so would rather assume I am the issue with my own mental health.

Just trying to ease my mind and tell myself to stop being silly.

Thanks again

1 Like

@TPTS Hello welcome to the forum as already said communication is everything always ! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello :wave:

Hi and welcome, communication is my answer.
I am definitely a texter more than talking on the phone.
Like @SweetOs said, if the friend was straight would you still be worried?
I donā€™t think there is a problem with you asking for reassurance and making sure that you are being given suitable reassurance. If youā€™re still not comfortable after that then theres a reason for that.

3 Likes

Hi @TPTS :hugs:

As mentioned I can honestly say first thing is communicate and try to have the relationship where you can discuss and share your thoughts , anxiety or worries as that is the first hurdle.

Otherwise you dwell and dwell, invent stories or theories for why. It builds up as either more anxiety or anger towards your partner.

They may think your a dick for asking , but you haveā€¦ so even if you have not got the answer it has triggered a thought in their mind and maybe a consideration.

In answerā€¦do women general text more ā€¦ think it just depends on time in everyoneā€™s life either male or female who they maybe friends with, new friendship , new gym partner / person they started hobby with etc some friends are also more demanding then others :hugs: they maybe single / lonely nothing more to do or seeking someone to reach out to or talk to.

Timing is everything when also asking , talking about your worries etcā€¦ you may catch off guard or just wrong time due to tired / bad day.

We have had rocky weeks because we either think something up or worried texting someone else or somethings changed between usā€¦ but openly talking as always resolved both our worries or anxious thoughts.

Iā€™m sure Mrs D wonā€™t mind me saying (just checked ) she doesnā€™tā€¦ she def text more than me and is def in the zone when texting her horse friends or a work dramaā€¦ I however prefer little and oftenā€¦ hate small talk :relieved:.

2 Likes

Hi @TPTS :wave:
Welcome to the forum!

As others have said we donā€™t know the circumstances but @CurvyJilly answered perfectly. Only a chat with your OH is going to answer that and I wouldnā€™t have thought sheā€™d mind the query as long as you donā€™t then obsess but in answer to your question, ā€œDo women text each other a lot?ā€ In my case yes, massively, it drives my OH nuts.

He is not worried Iā€™m cheating on him or having an affair but my phone going off constantly with messages from group chats or individual chats from the girls drives him nuts (which I do get!)

This! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you all, I am starting to feel less worried.
It doesnt help that I recently came off meds, (too soon) and has messed with my head.
As of this morning I am back on them.
I am always open and communicate, but feel shes tired of me being like I am. But atleast im trying to get it straight.
Thanks again

Hey @TPTS

Donā€™t be so hard on yourself. It will take time and you must talkā€¦talk and keep talking.

She is with you for YOUā€¦and bet sheā€™s not ā€œtiredā€ of you being like you areā€¦she is probably feeling frustrated with herself for not being able to help you get through this quickly.

You get yourself rightā€¦and take it one step at a timeā€¦ you canā€™t rush it. The fact you have asked for advice on here shows that you really care about your relationship.

Hang on in thereā€¦

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes

Hey welcome to the forum dude.
Iā€™d also say try communicating with her and talk about your worries.
Not sure if itā€™s the same for gay females but I know males can be very chatty when they make a new friend and put lots of attention into it until it phases out, so Iā€™d not be too worried :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers pal

1 Like

Welcome @TPTS

I have to say that my wife is always texting and that I actually NEVER read her texts unless she shows me or it is from one of the kids. I guess I really couldnā€™t be bothered.

I would have the opposite view as you wherein I would encourage her to have a relationship with another woman. (CAVIET - If she left me for another woman, I think me and the kids would be pissed. If she wanted to introduce another woman into our sex life with no real strings attached, I would ponder it.)

Would you prefer she were texting a straight male?

I think the trust factor needs to be high until something happens. I tend to give everyone, including my kids, the benefit of the doubt since I was raised the opposite and was always ā€œGuilty until proven Innocentā€. I never liked that very much and tend to go the other way with family and friends.

2 Likes

Thanks, i understand where you are coming from.
Thanksnfornyour advice