somebody save me

fistinglover69 wrote:

EllieKim wrote:

MrsJade wrote:

<worst piece of advice ever> Get pregnant...then cellulite is the least of your body worries!!

Fisting - I wish I JUST had the problem of cellulite.

i wish i just had the problem of cellulite too and then i wouldnt care

this is just added onto a long list of vile things :(

Are any of the issues changeable? Is it a self-esteem issue?

yeah ive got body dysmorphia and my tablets made me happy again but my legs are just disgusting me now and its making me miserable again

fistinglover69 wrote:

yeah ive got body dysmorphia and my tablets made me happy again but my legs are just disgusting me now and its making me miserable again

I thought as much. Do you get some form of counselling as well as medication?

no way hahah im scared to talk to people about stuff like that

Surely your GP has a duty to refer you as opposed to just dishing out the meds... or does he/she not know?

I really would endorse some form of psychological therapy...

oh no i just wanted the meds, talking makes me more miserable, id rather forget and just have tablets to boost my serotonin

fistinglover69 wrote:

oh no i just wanted the meds, talking makes me more miserable, id rather forget and just have tablets to boost my serotonin

You need to get to the root of the problem, antidepressants will not solve the issue.

It may get more difficult in the beginning of counselling afterwhich the only way is up.

EllieKim wrote:

fistinglover69 wrote:

You need to get to the root of the problem, antidepressants will not solve the issue.

It may get more difficult in the beginning of counselling afterwhich the only way is up.

I totally agree with EllieKim. I have so many issues and got put on anti depressants, I turned down sessions with my CPN and I regret it, as the tabets just hide the real issues and the underlying problems still exist...you just dont have mental energy to care anymore!!

I started off talking to a friend, but I think Id find talking to someone inpartial better...dont know if thats an option for you until you feel ready?

I totally sympathise with you though fistinglover69, and hope you feel happier soon xxx

jenkat wrote:

EllieKim wrote:

fistinglover69 wrote:

I totally agree with EllieKim. I have so many issues and got put on anti depressants, I turned down sessions with my CPN and I regret it, as the tabets just hide the real issues and the underlying problems still exist...you just dont have mental energy to care anymore!!

I started off talking to a friend, but I think Id find talking to someone inpartial better...dont know if thats an option for you until you feel ready?

I totally sympathise with you though fistinglover69, and hope you feel happier soon xxx

talking if u can get things out of your system are always a better option than pills i had them prescribed from the docs a few yrs back while going through a very dark place, i still have them in the box unopened as a reminder i guess

I did read somewhere that much that is said about cellulite is a myth, you dont see many atheletes with it so exercise is key

I agree with EllieKim and Jenkat. Meds will mask the problem but never solve it. If you don't like the idea of counselling have you thought of an anonymous support line? I suppose it's not dissimilar to posting on here but you'll be talking to someone specifically trained to help with your problem (not saying that there aren't people giving great advice on here of course!). You never know, being able to just talk about things with a faceless person on the end of the phone may help (it helped me when I was going through some tough times). I found this and I know most of it won't be applicable but even if you call one of the more applicable numbers they may be able to help/at least point you in the right direction? http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/mental_health.php

I wish you the best of the luck and I hope you don't think I'm being too forward or sticking my nose in xxx

Have you thought about using a Toning Table?

Whilst I can't comment on it's properties/affectiveness/medical uses I have to say that I have some trusted friends who swear by it.

Most beauty salons have it although i'm pretty sure they're for loosing weight as well as toning.

Just a thought.

Doing anything (well, nearly anything) is better than doing nothing or just hoping it'll go away. I don't advocate too much exercise but regular walking or something like that you can can fit in your life is good for you on so many levels. Possibly the cellulite will reduce or becme less noticeable, but if you're fit and still have it, well, its not the end of the world.

I like my women on the squidgy side, and my wife has a little cellulite, but I don't go looking for it and I don't mind if I come across it. It's my wife I love, not her cellulite.

Personally, I think some gorgeous, well-fitting lingerie will distract attention from most things and it'll make you feel better. It does for me, anyway, and I'm a bloke! I go and get fitted every now and then and my lovely lingerie lady never puts me down for being overweight, male or anything else. She just gets me into some cracking undies and thet makes me feel good. If a man can go and do that I'm sure you can.

i dont really need cbt now ive got tablets cause they work v well. plus i dont really see how i can benefit cause i understand im a bit crazy and unlogical. im just gunna moan to my doctor to put me on higher tablets!

randubugger wrote:

jenkat wrote:

EllieKim wrote:

fistinglover69 wrote:

talking if u can get things out of your system are always a better option than pills i had them prescribed from the docs a few yrs back while going through a very dark place, i still have them in the box unopened as a reminder i guess

I'm gonna have to agree with the others. I've never been on pills so can't actually compare, but I've been to a counselor, and it's not just the fact that you're finding a way of dealing with your problems, there's also the fact of knowing that you're actually doing something, rather than just covering them up, that can help with confidence.

hmm i'll maybe mention it to my doctor because she said she doesnt wanna put me on higher ones because im too small, so maybe she'll suggest it. the thought is terrifying! im less hysterical now though so maybe it wont be as bad as im thinking hahah

fistinglover69 wrote:

hmm i'll maybe mention it to my doctor because she said she doesnt wanna put me on higher ones because im too small, so maybe she'll suggest it. the thought is terrifying! im less hysterical now though so maybe it wont be as bad as im thinking hahah

It wasn't something I was looking forward to either to begin with, but glad my gf pushed me into going.

ill be a strong black woman!

I agree with everyone else saying talking is good and helps you address the issues. Surely the short term pain that you may feel has to be outweighed by the long term gain of feeling much more positive in the future without the need for meds? Yes there is a place for meds, but long term it has to be better to have succeeded yourself, not masked something chemically that hasn't gone away? Do you want to be reliant on them forever?

The person you speak with won't judge you, but will help you to address the reassoning behind the issues you have, and work out how to repair them.

However the only person who can decide to make the change is you, regardless of what we all say, you have to want to change and see the benefits of changing, without that, it would all be pointless.

Good luck :) x

I absolutely hate going to councelling / therapy / other stuff I've been referred to in the past. After many an appointment, it' still upsetting and hard and confusing. However after getting on meds, upping the dose until everything's fluffy again, then my doctor taking me off them, then 6months or a year later back on another brand of meds.. Quite simply you will spend the rest of your life on various types of medication if you don't go and talk and sort it out.

Yes, it will be daunting and horrible and there will most likely be tears (ok there will be lots) and you will walk out feeling worse than you did before you saw the councellor/therapist, but it seems the only long-term solution to any condition that isn't simply "getting over" something (break-up, loss of job, yes no small things but i hope you get what i mean here). Something like body dysmorphia is a condition, and the meds your doctor gives you only temporarily fix the symptoms, not the illness.

You get used to whatever medication you're on, and upping the dose indefinitely isn't a possibility, so you might be changed on to a different brand after your current ones stop working - which means getting used to the new ones (always messes you up a bit) and of course finding out what sort of dosage you need etc etc. so much hassle. Getting really upset about the cellulite thing is probably a sign that your current prescription isn't cutting it anymore, so you can imagine how all the previous problems and negative feelings would trickle back into your head if you just kept on taking the pills.

So, do get into some sort of councelling - the good news is, that as long as your current medication IS still working (more or less) it will be a hundred times easier... so get in there, you can do it, the meds are there to help deal with the condition rather than hiding it :) Bon courage!

To end on a lighter note - I find brushing/massaging helps, and also a good long stretching session every now and then to get the circulation going!