Male Perspective on Cellulite

I am aware this will make me sound rather insecure, but I'd like to know...

Cellulite: do men notice it on women, and how much does it bother you? Be honest.

I know I am a woman but I am also attracted to women. Personally I don't notice it, yes if I looked hard then I would see it. However I am more paying attention to the shape then details like cellulite, moles, stretchmarks etc. Although I notice these things on myself, I think this is a case of being your own worst critic.

Honestly I wouldn't worry :) Hope that helps.

It does help a little bit. I'm just a bit bummed out (HA!) because even though I am underweight due to stress I still have it! I mean, what?!? I have low body fat and the fat I do have sits...there. I have noticed that fake tan helps conceal it a little. I eat 'clean' (although that's subjective because to a low-carber brown rice is not clean and neither is skinless chicken breast to a raw food vegan) and I work out. I am lazy with the body brushing. But I'm a scientist so I'm not really that convinced by body brushing... it ain't toxins it's saggy adipose tissue. But body brushing is good for the lymph. I'm prattling on now.

Even some of the thinnest women have cellulite. It is less to do with how much body fat you have and much more to do with firstly how your body stores the fat and also to do with the thickness of your skin. Women show cellulite much more than men because we store it differently and our skin is thinner so it shows through more. Even supermodels have cellulite, it just gets airbrushed out of the pictures.

I have a lot of cellulite and I am paranoid about it too and hate the look of it. I often take pictures for LH and my site while avoiding taking pics of my ass and thighs because I think it is ugly. I had it at size 8 and I had it at size 18 and I still have it now at a size 12. There are some things you can do like body brushing, drinking gallons of water, eating only fresh healthy food, dont smoke, drink alcohol, creams and lotions. You know what? Feck that! I eat healthy and I do not smoke or drink, I used to do cross country running, every day and I spent way too much money on lotions and potions and I even went for professional anti cellulite treatments. The results from all of this effort was marginal at best. At 30, I have finally accepted I may not like the look of it but its here to stay lol.

Over the years I have whinged about my cellulite to my partner at the time and each and every one told me to shut up, that there was nothing there and I was beautiful and worrying about nothing. Did I believe them? Nope! I also secretly believe that men do notice it and find it a bit erghhh but I have never had one tell me that of course, they arnt likely too though for fear of hurting my feelings so its one of those questions you can never know for sure.

I think you just get to an age where you accept it and it bothers you much less. You still know it is there and you still do not like it but I personally do not hide it anymore. If he didnt fancy me the way I was he wouldnt be with me. I wouldnt feel his erection pressing into me when he snuggles me or see his eyes light up when I wear the sexy undies. I stop asking that question now and base my faith that he does indeed fancy me on his actions like the above, rather than his words to a question he cannot win with.

Considering I had two babies, and my body went downhill (not kidding, I got it so bad with stretchmarks that even my midwife went "Omg you got them bad didnt you" lol) Now I am covered from boobs to ankles in fine lines from weight gain/loss and pregnancy so its either accept it and have a happy relationship with my sex life and myself, or fall into a pit of self hate and not enjoy his touches or kisses etc.... I know which I prefer so fuck it...

I get naked as the day I was born and knock him dead (And not just because my saggy boobs are battering him round the head lollll)

Its not easy to have confidence in yourself. Many people, millions, could say you are beautiful but you will never believe them. YOU have to believe it yourself. You have to love what you got, no one else will ever make you feel confident by telling you your sexy. It might work for a few mins but the lasting effects come from you believing it.

I have alot of it. I'm 20 and it really doesnt bother me anymore. I'm also attracted to women and i dont notice it unless i look really hard for it. Dont let it get you down. Don't let any part of your body get you down, embrace it, its a part of you, beauty is skin deep. Everyone has an off day with their body, i still have my many off days, but now ive learned to embrace my body, i have more good days than down about my body :D My OH doesnt even notice or comment on it, I've never actually mentioned my cellulite to him, on my down days i just go 'omg im so fat!' and he just gives me that look to say 'you're not so shut up haha' I do agree with fluffbags in which she said:

'Its not easy to have confidence in yourself. Many people, millions, could say you are beautiful but you will never believe them. YOU have to believe it yourself. You have to love what you got, no one else will ever make you feel confident by telling you your sexy. It might work for a few mins but the lasting effects come from you believing it.'

:D x

I know a lot of men who have stretch marks, we hate these too don't we? Cellulite is so common I think we will always be not best pleased with it but fact is so many of us have it. I don't think men notice it that much and a lot of the time, well they're just pleased to be with you! :)

Some good replies, thank you everyone. I see a look of silky skinned bottoms on people's profile pics though!

You wouldn't see one on mine lol :)

tigerfly wrote:

Some good replies, thank you everyone. I see a look of silky skinned bottoms on people's profile pics though!

That's my attitude haha but don't compare. My bum is nice but it's my thighs which are cellulitey x

This man doesn't notice it. My wife is gorgeous and I think she looks great naked. But she does obsess over her apparent imperfections.

There's an awful lot of pressure on women to look perfect. Most guys couldn't care less. As malted milk said, we're thrilled that you are with us.

tigerfly wrote:

I aint gunna lie..... I use photoshop! lol

Photoshop is my friend :D

Remember, everyone chooses their most flattering photo to put up online and plenty of us use photo editing software to touch up the imperfections. You should see me in the morning! I scare young children. :D

Ron Burgundy wrote:

There's an awful lot of pressure on women to look perfect. Most guys couldn't care less. As malted milk said, we're thrilled that you are with us.

Awww. That's nice.

I know my anxiety is quite illogical in some respects, because for me (maybe slightly perversely) I REALLY like my various partners various imperfections. For example I had one boyfriend who was slightly overweight, but he was also incredibly strong and heavy due to muscle mass, so when he was on top of me I'd get a bit squished and come instantly! Or my current squeeze has lots of broken bones which have healed in a knobbly fashion which I love to kiss and graze my teeth over however in other ways he is physically perfect and I think that is making me feel a bit insecure. I am a bit too attracted to him, if that is possible. I am in a little love-panic.

tigerfly wrote:

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Awww. That's nice.

I know my anxiety is quite illogical in some respects, because for me (maybe slightly perversely) I REALLY like my various partners various imperfections. For example I had one boyfriend who was slightly overweight, but he was also incredibly strong and heavy due to muscle mass, so when he was on top of me I'd get a bit squished and come instantly! Or my current squeeze has lots of broken bones which have healed in a knobbly fashion which I love to kiss and graze my teeth over however in other ways he is physically perfect and I think that is making me feel a bit insecure. I am a bit too attracted to him, if that is possible. I am in a little love-panic.

I am exactly the same. His imperfectios make him the whole person he is and I love him to bits so of course I adore his imperfections too. He says the same about mine, he says he likes stroking his fingers over my stretchmarks because they feel relaxing and he loves the softness of my belly...yehhh I think it was one the sweetest things he tried to say lol He was trying to say he likes my imperfections too I guess. Bless him lol

I honestly dont know what it is....

I really don't care about cellulite.

Thanks, guys. That was my impression, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Ron Burgundy wrote:

My sentiments exactly.

I love my other-half dearly and whilst I may notice her imperfections, I simply don't care about them! She is stunning, very bright and I am deeply attracted to her. It angers me so much when I hear of her friends/colleagues — male and female alike — judging her solely on her appreance. She makes an enormous effort to dress and present herself well.

Sadly, it has long been the way of the world to appraise women exclusively on the basis of how they appear...it's tragic and has contributed heavily to the usual female neuroses. That said, it is fast becoming the same for men.

Just to reiterate: I couldn't care less. We all have flaws, whether they are physical or metaphysical — it doesn't matter.

As another woman who dates women, I never notice it. If I’m with someone there are far more important and better things to be concerned with.

In regard to other imperfections, all our scars and marks, there’s something lovely about them, about the history of the person.

The biggest lesson we all need to learn is that regardless of how it presents itself we need to own our skin and bodies, to love the vehicle that carries our minds, because regardless or lumps and bumps the body is an amazing thing.

women with cellulite are better at oral sex.....you heard it here first folks

Seriously it doesnt bother me ...Mrs G is 53 ....of course not the same as when we met but I aint Peter Pan either

Well readoing wheat all the men have written has just confirmed for me what I'm about to reply and that is, no men aren't bothered about or even notice celulite. Neither do they noice half the stuff that most women worry about, over weight, underweight, the odd grey hair, painted nails etc.
I know it sounds twee but attractiveness comes from within. Be yourself and stay true to who you are. Dress to suit your figure, worry less and enjoy life. A content person is confident and self belief and confidence is the most attractive thing in a person.
And just confirm I'm no way near perfect I'm 35, had kids, 2 stone over weight, have celulite, wrinkles and a few grey hairs but I find that my husband (although he knows this) doesn't care and no one else noiices.