Something funny you/s.o. said accidentally

I just thought a good laugh won't hurt every now and then.

So share your stories and let's laugh together!

I worked in a call centre recently and once I had a very angry customer on the phone. I remained calm and was trying to figure out what the problem was so I was listening to the essential information only. So when he finished screaming at me, I just said: "Just wait a minute for me to check". Funny thing is the last thing he said was: "Do you have a brain in your head by any chance?" Good thing is he actually calmed down afterwards :)

Another case in the call centre: I am picking up the phone and instead of saying: "Good afternoon, you are talking with ...", I just started counting: "1, 2...." then stopped, made a pause and said "Good afternoon..." During the pause I could hear: "Hello?! Hello?!"

And once a customer was trying to find a colleague and her description was: "He is a very cute boy with blue eyes and works in the central jail on the nth floor". She continued saying that our colleague works in the central jail (she meant the central office).

I once typed in my onion instead of opinion - it's now a running joke between the OH and I.

I work abroad and usually screw up with orders

ordered a bacon sandwich got a glass of milk (Glasgow)

ordered wild boar and got a glass of wine (Germany)

ordered dried squid and got a flower arrangement (Japan)

The best was when I asked for chopsticks in Japan and the girl came back with a dictionary and asked why I wanted a suspension bridge. Sat in a resteraunt with food but no chopsticks, what I need is a suspension bridge. Or maybe she was politely saying my Japanese is crap.

mine was when i was in spain when i was in my early twenties

there was 8 of us and we went to this cafe in the morning for breakfast and they had breakfasts listed by numbers, my friend said she wanted number 3 so i said same again, when the 7 breakfasts came out i was wondering where mine was and i got given a bottle of san miguel !!! lol i can laugh now but at the time i wasnt and i was starving and hungover so bottle of lager did me no good but running off to the loo to be ill

well here goes my story was at xmas two years ago, every year i have always ended up doing something stupid. i lost my mum 8 years ago so xmas hasnt been great, dad remarried so we were all there that year and i was determined not to mess up i was doing great, but the day was boring and no one was laughing, we were sitting down to dinner i was so pleased it was going good i hadnt made a stupid mistake all day and i was thoughly enjoying xmas dinner eating red gabbage, when suddenly i started splutering into my dinner my dad had left a bagged bouquet garni (mixed herbs) in the cabbage which didnt taste very nice when chewed, from that point everyone burst into laughter i was mortified but they all said it was the best xmas i still havent lived it down so i figured regadless im here to make people laugh im just hoping its not at my expense lol i hope you find it funny kat xxxx

Can't think of one from me off the top of my head but my OH is full of them. We both worked in the same restaurant when were younger,thats how we met. At lunch times they served these baguettes called hot hobs. Don't know what was on her mind at the time but she went over to a large table to serve their food and proceeded to ask who's having the cheese hot knob. Classic OH

gunther wrote:

The best was when I asked for chopsticks in Japan and the girl came back with a dictionary and asked why I wanted a suspension bridge.

rach74 wrote:

i said same again, when the 7 breakfasts came out i was wondering where mine was and i got given a bottle of san miguel !!!

These made me laugh so much!!!

I've said too many stupid things to remember!!

x

Oh I forgot the time i was in a MMFF group of four in Mexico and being fluid in italian but not spanish ordered two orange juices and 2 condoms lol

cappucho is short for cappuccino in Italy and slang for condom in Mexico lol

i was 17 and i went out on a date with a body builder who worked in the same place i did, he was a lot older than me but we got on really well

we went out for drinks and after a few he pulled me close and snuggled me in to him

and said "this is nice isnt it" in my slightly tipsy state i replied "yes it is, its just like cuddling my dad"

this obviously came out completely wrong but it offectively chucked water on any sparks lol

The electricity had gone off on the whole street and my oh said those with pre pay meters should be ok cause they can just put money in the meter. Doh