Something really embarrassing just happened...

Ok guys. This is very embarrassing and arkward but the thing is I still live at home with my parents and I woke up a bit early this morning and I overheard my parents having sex. Now I should mention that I probably have two of the most liberal parents ever and I'm fortunate that I can talk to them both about sex and have a laugh about it but it goes without saying that I feel VERY arkward right now due to what I overheard. Yes sex is a completely natural thing of course and it does make me happy knowing that my parents are still happy together after 28 years of marriage but nobody wants to hear their parents having sex and I know I'm going to feel arkward around them today. It's like if my parents had of overheard me masturbating! Lol

Has anything similar ever happened to any other members? So embarrassing. ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

Yes, remember waking up to my mum screaming....lost of giggling when I tapped on the door to make sure she was ok...I remember just smiling and going back to bed

Made a little typo. I obviously meant awkward lol.

When my mum and stepdad were 'courting' my dad refused to leave the 'family' home till he legally had to so we would spend most weekends at a caravan. Now this was a static caravan not one of those tourers so obviously separate bedrooms but bearing in mind they didn't get to spend much time together during the week me and brother certainly heard some things! We just laughed and as you say we're happy that they were happy, a couple years later my brother got his first girlfriend and the roles were reversed with my mum banging on the ceiling from the room below his bedroom to shut them up!

I actually think it's nice when you can start seeing your parents as whole adult humans and not just parents and opens up a whole new side of your relationship as all adults and friends (I hope that doesn't sound as weird as I fear it does)

No input from me in afraid but I did have a wee giggle. I the embarrassment will pass 😄

Good for them.

My dad did possibly find my toy drawer! I left it partially open by accident, not sure if he actually looked in it, i don't think he did as he didn't say anything but i realised he'd been in there afterwards (i'd taken some toys out to use in the shower and heard him go in there while i was in). Also, i have pet snakes, he went in there to look at/play with them without asking (my door had been closed) and there were the boxes of 2 rabbit vibes out in the open.

I tried to explain my way out of it that they were testers but used the term "freebies", and he started asking me if he could take them to give to his girlfriend at the time, as "They're not used, right?"

They weren't testers, i had actually bought them, and had tried them out, but i don't remember what i actually said to him.

Every couple of weeks he'd ask what i had he could take and give her as a present, same when he got a new girlfriend after that one didn't work out, and he would also randomly start asking me in places like the middle of Tesco!

I think he finally cottoned on that i do use them when i once accidentally left a vibrator and a glass dildo on the edge of the bath. I usually get dressed in my bedroom then go back in afterwards to get any toys i've used, but this one day just completely forgot. I realised with horror the next time i went to the bathroom, and my dad had been in at least twice in that time. I moved them, prayed he hadn't seen them, but next time i saw him he mentioned it. He also did the whole "nothing to be embarrassed about, you're an adult sex is normal" talk, which i already knew and as a 24/25 year old did NOT need to hear from my dad.

He has a bad habit of shouting when hes on the phone, multiple times when i've gone to the loo despite being the other end of the hall, with the bathroom door and his bedroom door shut, i''ve heard things he's said to his grilfriend that i REALLY didn't need or want to hear.

But thats life being a disabled 28 year old virgin with no other option but to live at home with your dad! He got to recognising the boxes for deliveries from here, i just made my first order since christmas 2015 and due ti my difficulty answering the door im dreading him being the one who gets there first when it's delivered Tuesday. not just incase he realises where it;s from, but as he's taken up a new hobby and has a LOT of parcels coming every week the past few weeks, i'm scared given he wont have his glasses on he'll just assume its his, run off upstairs with it and open it, to be confronted with a rubber 6 inch willy!

Ah, i forgot to mention, i accidentally didn't close the snake tank once and my 2 pet snakes got out, he was trying to help me look for them but i had quite a few boxes from here on my floor with the packaging from my purchases in them, so i was desperately trying to NOT let him help me look. I only found one of my escaped snakes, the other i have no idea what happened to him/her, but i feel so shit that in trying to hide what was in the boxes i was looking in from my dad stood there with me that i MIGHT have missed him curled up in a corner/in the packaging and he got thrown out. i'll never forgive myself for it, i just hope somehow he escpaed somewhere and got picked up by someone or the RSPCA and was rehomed, i never thought to call them at the time, but i hate the not knowing that my embarrassment ovr my sex toys COULD possibly have resulted in me not checking closely enough that i could have found him and didn't and that he might have/probably died :'( It haunts me all the time.

About a month ago I was home visiting my parents and my Mom got out her email to show me something her sister had sent her. As I was sat there one came in from the good old Bonny at Lovehoney account and we both poker-faced so hard. She insisted it was spam and I pretended not to know any better.

Dread to think if she has purchased anything like what I have on here... but at 58 and 73 credit to my folks for going for it.

1 Like

Yes my parents have defiantly heard me when I brought my girlfriend now wife home for the first time. Came out my room the next morning and there was a pack if condoms outside. Had no choice but to take them but they bought the triple extra protection kind that took all feeling away.
Gave them to my friend as he was embarrassed to buy them and his first time with his girlfriend was happening soon. Told me the week after they felt like crap. Don't think he has forgiven me.

I'm still scared with memories of lying in bed, [when I was still at home], hearing my prim and proper mother sounding like a seal giving birth.

Yeah this kind of thing can be really embarassing, but the more we think about the worst they are. Growing up I always remember my mum and step-dad - God rest their souls, such wonderful, lovely people - trying their best to get us kids to bed so they could "relax" a bit. I was the oldest, and I used to take ages to fall asleep, so I had no choice but overhear them enjoying themselves. Luckily that was just on the weekends because he didn't leave with us on a full time basis, so not too bad.

Jumping a few years, now I like to sleep early, about 11 no later than midnight, and wake up very early as well. Another day I left my flickering tongue, bright red vibe airing on top of a suitcase on my closet, and my teenager daughter was there looking for a handbag. I was mortified when I realised that, but then if one day she asks me I'm not going lie to her as I'm doing nothing wrong, but at the moment she's young to understand that.

JonnyHatesJaz wrote:

Not quite the same but my dad walked in on me once naked having sex with a girl. He quickly left then returned 5 minutes later and said “ don’t worry I won’t mention it to your mother....”🤦‍♂️

Lol that would be so embarrassing to be caught out like that but at least your dad has a good sense of humour.

VirginAngel wrote:

My dad did possibly find my toy drawer! I left it partially open by accident, not sure if he actually looked in it, i don't think he did as he didn't say anything but i realised he'd been in there afterwards (i'd taken some toys out to use in the shower and heard him go in there while i was in). Also, i have pet snakes, he went in there to look at/play with them without asking (my door had been closed) and there were the boxes of 2 rabbit vibes out in the open.

I tried to explain my way out of it that they were testers but used the term "freebies", and he started asking me if he could take them to give to his girlfriend at the time, as "They're not used, right?"

They weren't testers, i had actually bought them, and had tried them out, but i don't remember what i actually said to him.

Every couple of weeks he'd ask what i had he could take and give her as a present, same when he got a new girlfriend after that one didn't work out, and he would also randomly start asking me in places like the middle of Tesco!

I think he finally cottoned on that i do use them when i once accidentally left a vibrator and a glass dildo on the edge of the bath. I usually get dressed in my bedroom then go back in afterwards to get any toys i've used, but this one day just completely forgot. I realised with horror the next time i went to the bathroom, and my dad had been in at least twice in that time. I moved them, prayed he hadn't seen them, but next time i saw him he mentioned it. He also did the whole "nothing to be embarrassed about, you're an adult sex is normal" talk, which i already knew and as a 24/25 year old did NOT need to hear from my dad.

He has a bad habit of shouting when hes on the phone, multiple times when i've gone to the loo despite being the other end of the hall, with the bathroom door and his bedroom door shut, i''ve heard things he's said to his grilfriend that i REALLY didn't need or want to hear.

But thats life being a disabled 28 year old virgin with no other option but to live at home with your dad! He got to recognising the boxes for deliveries from here, i just made my first order since christmas 2015 and due ti my difficulty answering the door im dreading him being the one who gets there first when it's delivered Tuesday. not just incase he realises where it;s from, but as he's taken up a new hobby and has a LOT of parcels coming every week the past few weeks, i'm scared given he wont have his glasses on he'll just assume its his, run off upstairs with it and open it, to be confronted with a rubber 6 inch willy!

Lol your father does sound like quite a character. Also I'm very happy that you are enjoying using toys. I have mentioned in a previous thread that I'm a 27 year old virgin but all us adults have a right to pleasure. Your story also reminds me of the time I left my 6 inch pink dildo in the bath. I quickly remembered but it was too late. My mom had gone in and found it but she had a good laugh about it with me later on. It was quite funny and I'm very fortunate that I can talk openly to my mom about sex/sex toys. Also when I was very young I found her dildo in the sink. I didn't ask what it was but had a feeling it was something adult that I shouldn't have seen at the age I was but I do find it funny now.

I have to report that us old 'uns (52 ish) do continue to have active sex lives (either including or not) toys from our friends at LH and we enjoy it immensley.

You see, maturity brings with it experience and comfort with ones own bodies and yes all of you young 'uns on here, we like sex.

I did a post on here several months ago about what our families would think if anything was to happen to us and whilst sorting things out they find the dreaded "chest of obsession" which we have hidden in our cupboards up and down the length and breadth of the country. I can hear the cries now in homes across the nation "oooo, well i never thought mom would have worn that" or "no wonder dad had a bad back" etc.

Seriously though we were young once and although sex was never spoken about like today, it still happened and in years to come all you young folk will be at it like rabbits with your children waking up hearing you (but at least if that happens, you will know what they are thinking).

The Real Mr Grey wrote:

I have to report that us old 'uns (52 ish) do continue to have active sex lives (either including or not) toys from our friends at LH and we enjoy it immensley.

You see, maturity brings with it experience and comfort with ones own bodies and yes all of you young 'uns on here, we like sex.

I did a post on here several months ago about what our families would think if anything was to happen to us and whilst sorting things out they find the dreaded "chest of obsession" which we have hidden in our cupboards up and down the length and breadth of the country. I can hear the cries now in homes across the nation "oooo, well i never thought mom would have worn that" or "no wonder dad had a bad back" etc.

Seriously though we were young once and although sex was never spoken about like today, it still happened and in years to come all you young folk will be at it like rabbits with your children waking up hearing you (but at least if that happens, you will know what they are thinking).

This made me laugh, especially since one of my boxes has all my "oversized" anal toys in it. Im sure those would raise some uncomfortable questions for the uninitiated lol.

Well one time in Torquay I stayed in a hotel with my mom and dad and my parents weren't next door to my room keep in mind but first night in bed I heard panting and moaning from the next room I couldn't sleep till they stopped and I'm glad that didn't got me to masturbate

1 Like

Now, I still live with my parents, as does my boyfriend. To add a bit more context to the story, he lives in London were as I live on the border between England and Wales. So quite the journey for either of us, especially when we dont drive.

With the distance between us it means we resort to using video calls and messaging everyday to see and talk to each other. As it's the best we can manage with the rather high price of train tickets to London and back for me. Due to this we tend to do a number of things over video call, and I'm sure you can guess where this is going.

My father, bless his soul, has no concept of personal space and knocking. So when I'm stood up taking photos of my newest outfit, he decided to come bursting into my room to steal my laptop!

Now luckly for me I was able to convince him that it was a costume for an upcoming comic con that I was planning on attending. I cosplay you see, and he just about understands it. Of course his immediate reaction was, "you can't go out in that, it shows your backside". To which my response was somewhat rushed and a long the lines of, "I know I'm going to alter it, make it longer with ruffles"

I'm just glad that he came into my room at that point and not any later! I don't know how well I would have been able to talk my way out of him seeing me taking photos with considerably less clothing on!

As a kid I remember hearing my parents one night and I literally felt traumatised for days, I genuinely felt uncomfortable haha. I also heard my brother and his fiancée and she was making a kinda “whale” noise and the whole house heard so we had a laugh about it the next day.

But going back to the original poster, it’s probably best to look at it like your parents are still having fun and love eachother which everyone wants in life, it’s better that they bang in the bedroom than argue all day so however uncomfortable it may sound, just remember that behind all of that is two people who love eachother. Plus it gives everyone hope that as we get older we can still be just as filthy in the bedroom! Haha

Ragnar Lodbrok wrote:

When we were in our early 20’s, my girlfriend and I were returning home after a sex-fueled weekend away.

Unfortunately, we left a holdall on a local bus. It contained, amongst other things, my girlfriend’s very sexy crotchless underwear, pairs of stockings, two of her kinky outfits and a couple of vibrators. We had often joked that we looked like sex toy sellers judging by the contents of our “special” bag.
It wasn’t padlocked, nor did it have a label with our names and address attached to it.

Later, I phoned the bus company to ask if it had been handed in. Fortunately it had and I was told to go to the bus company’s Lost Property Office to reclaim the holdall. We both agreed that the other of us should go to collect it ....!

When I arrived at the Lost Property Office , I was confronted by two middle-aged women at the counter - much to further my embarrassment!

In a feint and faltering voice, I explained the purpose of my visit and, when prompted, I described what our holdall looked like.

It was quickly retrieved from beneath the counter by one of the two women and, as there was no label to identify me as the holdall’s owner, they asked me to describe the contents of bag.

On hearing this my discomfort was compounded further as I knew they were about to verify my response. Just from the look they already had given me, I knew they both seemed to act like the Judge and the Jury and they had already got their verdict!!

I blurted out that the holdall contained “just some some underwear.”

I mistakenly thought that this would suffice ....but I was very much wrong. One of the lady attendants began to unzip the un-locked holdall and proceeded to take out its contents. First came the vibrators, next a pair of stockings. The proceedings ended when a pair of crotchless knickers were unceremoniously dropped on to the counter. If only the ground I was standing on could have swallowed me up ...!!!

The woman grabbed the displayed items and returned them to the holdall, shooting a look at her colleague, returning her look at me before shoving the holdall towards me.

I quickly grabbed it, whispered a feint “thank you” and slunk out of the door. I was thankful that there were no other customers to witness my embarrassing ordeal.

My girlfriend thought it highly amusing when I recalled my experience, but she was able to show her gratitude later on that evening.

We both agreed that the Lost Property women had obviously already had a thorough inspection of our holdall’s contents prior to my visit and wanted to find out who owned such items. It was also obvious that they wanted to exact the maximum embarrassment on the claimant! We had a good laugh at what the women must have said and at their reactions when the first saw what was in our bag of “goodies”! We wondered whether the women thought the underwear was mine and that I wore it.

We learned a valuable lesson that day - always lock your toys and equipment away -something we have always done since that day whether at home, or when we go away.

This really made me laugh and cringe in equal measure! That must have been so excruciatingly embarrassing at the time. I have to be honest and admit that I would have liked to have seen the look on the women's faces lol.