Sometimes making love can be such a headache

Hi all,

Does anyone sometimes find that durning or after making love they get a headache. Even when you don't have a headache to start with.

Blood pressure! Goes higher when you get randy!

ah of couse, I suffer with high BP. Now why I didn't sus that, beats me...thanks Mucky

Mucky's probably got it, unless any medical experts - could be the shortest thread ever!

Why not try to relax when you are doing it, say that you've been told for medical reasons it has to last as long as possible!

Hi Luvly, Iv had this problem a few months ago, i got the most excccrrrruuutttiating headaches but only when i had am orgasm, was ok up till then, and i just about passed out with pain,

went to the docs and she checked me over (hit my knee with a hammer for some reason dont know what that had to do with it) said i was ok except bp a bit high, so that may be the same for you.

We did have a laugh cos she asked me how many times it had happened that week and i said about six or something, and said that i kept trying to see if it had stopped.

but really it was no joke, iv never had a headache like it and it throbbed away for hours after but the good news is it disappeared as quick as it arrived

Naughtys hubby had same prob and there is a thread on it, if you go to search forum and type in headaches after sex you can read it through xx

walrus...Mucky might be right....lately hubby and I have been making love much slower..which is much nicer.

sexelle..my BP has been playing up..also had a smear test last week..which the nurse was not pleased with as it was extremely painful and bleed quite a bit, and said that my cervics was very tender..she aslo asked how often hubby and I, made love and what positions we do. On both visits to the doc they asked if I could have been pregnant and miscarried...I don't think so.

About a month or two ago, hubby and I had really rough sex, with toys 'n' all, which caused me to bleed for two weeks...doc said I had been traumered..but that was a while ago now. Whatever traumer was caused has obviously not healed..perhaps that could be the cause of the high BP???

I just hope that the smear test results will be ok, or I might have to do it again.

i think headaches are more to do with bp but also dehydration as well so make sure you drink enough - not lager and wine

Try to stay relaxed and that will help, do you get headaches as slow build up or sudden pain

It builds slowly. I do relax, sort of.

I've never been one to drink much water. I can go for days and days without water. but will drink herbal teas, i.e Camomille etc.and lemonade.

Yes it was my hubby that had the headches after sex.

He went to the GP and found nothing amiss. Prescribed Tramax and told he was fine.

They do seem to have mainly disappeared now - might have been a stress thing Im not sure.

But it has left him slightly fearful that they are going to return, leaving him/us slightly perturbed by a ummmm loss of ability! Not the desire - just the abiltity to carry the act out. But we are working on that one, Im being less, shall we say - demanding!! Seems to be doing the trick!

Read the old thread for any tips, if it builds up slowly that different from what i had. Guess you just have to go really slow, not so much of the rough stuff, a good chance to perfect your oral techniques

Hi Naughty40, I can be very demainding, If he's too tired, I get a little annoyed or if I haven't cum with him (about 99%) of the time, I get frustrated.. which can then make him feel inadequate. So now I try to keep quite, and wait until he's at work then play with my toys....sometimes he plays with me.

One thing that is worth a try - small amounts of alcohol can quite significantly lower the blood-pressure so you could try drinking say one or two units of alcohol before and see if that reduces the problem. Not perhaps a good long-term solution but it would at least tell you if you were on the right lines.

Gryator53..I think your right there, I've noticed that, vodka and cream soda, lowers mine, and there was me thinking that it might just be a coincidence.

I was going to say high blood pressure but it has already been said - some women even pass out from it, also high blood pressure may be what is causing the other problems as the blood is pumping so hard.

Pregnant women can have problems because of the extra blood flow and this even causes the genitals to swell up! Of course this makes them more sensitive too... but maybe there is a similarity?

Hope you can get it sorted!

Oh, I'm most definatly not pregnant. Hubby and I will just have to take it easy. Thank for your help.