Headaches after sex?

Would be interested in the general wisdom of the forum......do you/your partner suffer from headaches after sex?

My hubby has just started to get them - having to go pick him up from work he is that bad.

This is only a recent development - co-inciding with my new found (very) high sex drive.....

Now the cure would be to abstain, but not sure if I like that cure!!

So any help would be appreicated, got him an appointment at the GPs tomorrow.

Ouch! That's really bad!

I'm relieved to say that I don't get such headaches, but I *do* get a pain in the neck if I go down on Mrs A. for a long time... [And that's a real pain, not a figurative one! :-) ] And we've noted that this is only a problem when we do this at home on our water bed, so I guess it's something to do with angles and support and so on.

Before you go to the GP, try and identify whether there are any other changes (apart from increased frquency) that might be causing it, such as new positions, practices,and so forth...

And it's not a case of him not getting enough sleep is it?

Best of luck!

Ash

Naughty40 wrote:

Would be interested in the general wisdom of the forum......do you/your partner suffer from headaches after sex?

My hubby has just started to get them - having to go pick him up from work he is that bad.

This is only a recent development - co-inciding with my new found (very) high sex drive.....External Media

Now the cure would be to abstain, but not sure if I like that cure!!

So any help would be appreicated, got him an appointment at the GPs tomorrow.

N40,

The first time read this it sounded like your husband has been getting headaches after sex such that you needed to go and pick him up from work - made me wonder what on earth he does for a job!

p.s. can I send him my CV??????

It might, just might, be down to the increased blood pressure that orgasm can cause. My OH occasionally has a slight (and short lived) headache after a powerful orgasm, and we both think that raised blood pressure could be the cause. My Osteopath has also mentioned it a few times (headaches caused by increased blood pressure, not orgasm!), so if he's off to the GP anyhoo, it might be worth him having his blood pressure checked, to make sure his base-line is OK.

scarybaldman wrote:

The first time read this it sounded like your husband has been getting headaches after sex such that you needed to go and pick him up from work - made me wonder what on earth he does for a job!

p.s. can I send him my CV??????

Ha ha!

what I meant was that.....after last nights frolics he got a headahce, but did not tell me. Hes just rung home to ask if I can go for him as hes feeling too bad to drive home.

The last time this happened - the headache was there all the next day, and some of the next!

The heating, now, its not really been on much yet.

Dehydration - could well be - but we dont drink on a sunday night so its not alcohol induced.

High BP - well, thats first thing I asked an appointment for - but the GP is fully booked today and the nurse only works AM - so hes home, gone to bed with some Ibruprofen - sadly not me as Im just off on the school run for the after school club I help run - wont be home till 7ish, so cant comfort him!

Thanks for your advice.

Dehydration, or possibly even that he's not eating enough. Sometimes when I've done exercise (whether it's sex or any other kind of exercise) and I haven't eaten much, it can give me headaches, think it's something to do with a drop in blood sugar. However, I'm not a doctor so if it's a real concern, I'd get him to go.

Me & Mrs Strapon don't get headaches. Maybe and hopefully its a passing phase!

You could always get a paracetamol involved in the foreplay somehow! lol! x

I'm going to go for dehydration as well. At first when I was just dating Mrs SXE she would always get headaches etc. but drunk about the same as the average field mouse. Its taken a while but now she drinks water instead of popping ibuprofen everytime she gets one!

Dehydration could be a factor but also adrenylin (cant spell) can cause headaches and just general change in body temp and lood pressure after climax can cause them.

every now and then I get one after a good sesh but with some paracetamol and water I calm down and am fine again.

DH went to the GPs and was told its unlikely that sex is causing the headaches.

BP fine, heart fine, chest clear etc...

GP said he was probably just getting over/going to get a viral infection and prescribed Paramax tablets for him.

But then still he got the ruddy headache, brought on by the climax! Hes had 2 1/2 days off work, and gone back today (im sooo lonely!) So we shall see what tonight brings - if anything - child is out tonight....bring it on.

Ho hum.

Poor you, and poor hubbyNaughty40 There's nothing worse than having the docs basically say there's nothing wrong with you, when you know there is. Hopefully tonight will be fun and pain free - for both of you

hopefully he'll be ok and prescription will work for him, fingers crossed xx

hope my naughty is better soon hunni and the headaches go away xxx

Hi, I suffered blinging headaches the moment I came, I had never felt a pain so extreme before, but was ok up to the point of orgasm, went to docs and got checked over and my blood pressure was a bit high, so she said that was maybe cause. She said as long as there is no blurred vision or dizziness it wasnt dangerous.

The weird thing was they disappeared as quickly as they started.

It was really funny having sex and saying to hubby "dont make me come" - usually other way around.

Look it up on the internet, you may get some useful info

Hope he is ok soon

i did have a look on nhs direct but i couldn't find anything but i'm not saying don't look cause i'm not that good at searching

Hi, I think if hes been checked out by docs not to worry. When i got my headaches the pain was intense for about 10 mins and then throbbed away for the next few hours. Apparently men are three times more likely to get this than women and sometimes it can last for a few weeks, mines lasted about two weeks, and as i said just stopped happening.

If he is ok with just not coming, try not to for a while.

My doc suggested abstinance to me and i think she could tell by the look on my face that wasnt gonna happen!

I dont know if he drinks but i cut down on the wine for a bit and i dont know if that helped or not

Hi,

look up embarrassingproblems.com that gives a good bit of info