Headache after sex

Does anybody else get a headache after or during sex i cant put my finger on why this happens i dont no if its just being really horny and when i finish its like a big release.

2 Likes

It used to happen to me a lot. Especially if I took a long time to come. I went to the doctors and it turned out to be a blood pressure/migraine related thing and beta blockers stopped it.

It still happens occasionally now if she edges me for a long time.

1 Like

It can be a mix of both as when your hormones rage during sex and the build up, it creates higher blood pressure to the brain and other places which after the release it goes down and can cause a headache or even dizzy spell for some people

1 Like

My immediate thought was the same as @rockstar and @AJSTAR . It raises your blood pressure which can cause headaches.

1 Like

As others have said, it could be a blood pressure thing. Sometimes though it can be as simple as not breathing enough (some people find themselves holding their breath during orgasm) or dehydration

1 Like

I dont know about after sex, but many women get them before sex…!!
Ok old gag…yes id agree with others, but if it persisted or got worse , id have a chat with the Doc.

3 Likes

I find if I have a headache (or the start of one) sex helps to get rid

I used to get headaches a lot if I used toys that were too powerful and the orgasm was forced out of me. It was too intense and too quick.

If it’s back of the head see a doctor

If it’s occasional you might be stressed or dehydrated, etc

1 Like

As others have said it could be blood pressure, it may be worth checking your normal BP with Doctor or Pharmacy.

I would assume a blood pressure issue. If it happens very frequently 100% go see a doctor.