Special offers.

Is it just me of does the special offers link on the main menu never fully list all the offers on at the time?

For example when I click the line under Deal of the Day on the main page list going down the side of the page I never saw the 3 for £10 last week, I only knew about it from a post someone made.

Today I know that theres a great offer here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/1628/ but I wouldn't have found it had I not been browsing around and clicked on one of the toys in the offer.

Is this an on purpose design so that the more you browse the more you are rewarded by finding these gems and if so, would we want a forum post list to help each other find these things, e.g like the getting a free finger vibrator with a self help book or other little offers that unless we know about we would miss out on. For me if I knew that at a glance I could see when I would get rewarded for buying lube or condoms etc at a certain time i would be more likely to buy them rather than wait til when I ran out and probabaly miss out on a good offer /deal.

Thoughts?

do you not get the emails?

I get the deal of the day but that's not the offers I mean. There are usually lots of little offers that are all over the site that go unnoticed.

Does anyone have the rabbit on that offer linked by PurringTiger? Just realised 2 of the products I specifically want are on the £10 sale (like a fool I hesitated and missed out on one of them as DOTD earlier in the week) but there are other rabbits I was considering, not that one.

We actually do have a page specifically for the offers but I think it's been forgotten about.

I agree it can be a little messy to find where all the special offers really are- when they appear all over the site. One of these include the discounted lube offer in the checkout basket.

Most of the offers are rounded up via the emails Lovehoney send out- I guess that's one of the perks of adding yourself to the mailing list. However, the community forum itself is a way of finding this information out too.

I just try and remind people that you can bag yourself a very good freebie or heavily discounted item via the Facebook offers page.

I think Lovehoney have also started on their Bank Holiday offer... £10 items and a Oh! Lovehoney rabbit vibe for only £15. Here's a sneak peak:- http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/1628/ (may have jumped the gun a little but it's available)

Edit:- Just noticed you added that offer! Actually this is a new offer that has just been added. They will be advertising it very soon, if not tomorrow to start off the bank holiday weekend.

Yeah, thats how I end up finding about most of the offers now- via the emails. The 'offers' page on LH seems pretty dead for several weeks now, I dont know what is going on. Maybe they're trying to make it more rewarding for die-hard/loyal customers?

Hey, whilst we're on the subject of offers- LH has been doing a '£3.99 Durex lube for £2.50 at checkout' deal for a little while now- and the lube changes. With my last purchase, it was the plain Durex Play. Currently, it's Durex strawberry.

Does anyone have any idea when the lubes switch- any time this comming weekend? I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of Durex- I'm much prefer to explore Sliquid, but if they;re maybe gonna have the warming lube on checkout offer, I'd like to try it. Any ideas?

*sorry- double post*

I signed up for the emails excluding DOTD because I'm always up at midnight anyway but hardly get any.

For the lube- I think it's random which they add depending on stock levels. I'm not sure if they'd even add other brands to it either, if that makes sense. Durex is probably one of the most popular and best stocked ones.

I'm really interested in the free orgasm gel via the FB offer page but I'm still kind of wondering what else they'll offer next week lol. I'll only get it if there's something else I really want.. which isn't anything atm. I've pretty much got most of the things I want... Until I look at the lingeries. >.<

Nymeria wrote:

For the lube- I think it's random which they add depending on stock levels. I'm not sure if they'd even add other brands to it either, if that makes sense. Durex is probably one of the most popular and best stocked ones.

I'm really interested in the free orgasm gel via the FB offer page but I'm still kind of wondering what else they'll offer next week lol. I'll only get it if there's something else I really want.. which isn't anything atm. I've pretty much got most of the things I want... Until I look at the lingeries. >.<

Well, what with the mantric bullet I ordered yesterday, and the order I'm making now, I'm gonna have two coming to me- possibly neither of which I'll need. You're probably gonna make use of this current offer, but if you dont, hey, you're welcome to one, if you'll cover postage.

Thanks for the head's up on the lube. Any idea when they change it round? its it likely to be before monday? Mind you- I dont wanna risk this stuff going out of stock before I place my order.

It's easy enough to check with the lube, just add something to your basket and it'll appear but other than that I don't think there is a way to tell which is on offer at the time.

I noticed the Bank holiday offer a couple days ago but it wasn't fully active yet - you could add the rabbit but the products were still full price and hadn't been marked down yet. I was just eagle eyed enough to spot an asterix place holder where the special offer link usually is on item description.

I'll check my email settings to see why I'm not getting the other offers but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of little things we miss out on. For example when I bought the Tracy cox offer and got the free bullet, I happened to buy the cock ring and when I looked in my basket it had added some spare motors and batteries too which was a nice surprise. But I think if they publicised these a bit more it might help us give us more incentive to buy at certain times.

The Facebook offers are great and I always check on a Monday to see what the new one is. Also if you fill out the little questionaire after a purchse from Lovehoney and give feedback on the shopzilla survey- requires filling a second part in once your order has arrived - then Lovehoney will send you a link for £5 off your next £20 order.

I get a lot of emails that highlight the offers that are on. I never miss out on any of them really aside from the surprise ones via checkout etc. I think these are purely a little incentive to buy more- like sweets at a checkout for kids!

I think the point of the special offers are more of a loyalty bonus to the regular members who are on the mailing list and then are advertised on the main site. Also, you can't really predict when a good offer is coming your way- I usually just wait till there is one on or buy something I really want anyways. Win-win. Lovehoney also do give away hints whenever a big sale is on via the forums so watch out for them. =)

As for the current offers- I tend to overlook a lot of the emails I get as I'm only interested in specific items but otherwise I don't remember being "left out" about an offer. Oh, and check your spam/junk folder as different Lovehoney staff members roll out the special offer emails.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and thanks for the offer SN but I don't know if I want it that much.. just love the idea that it's free lol.

I just checked and yup I was signed up for special offer emails and I do check my spam folder daily as that's where my DOTD usually ends up. Weird it's never sent me anything. Just unchecked and saved then recheked it and saved again, maybe it'll force an update of my preferences and correct it.

Thanks for the tips though Nymeria.

I received the email for the Bank holiday offers just an hour ago or so- so they do roll them out.

It has been reported that some people do have issues receiving them though but hopefully it won't happen anymore since you resetted it (I think).

And you're welcome. Christmas time is always a great time to look forward to so save up. ;P

PurringTiger wrote:

I just checked and yup I was signed up for special offer emails and I do check my spam folder daily as that's where my DOTD usually ends up. Weird it's never sent me anything. Just unchecked and saved then recheked it and saved again, maybe it'll force an update of my preferences and correct it.

Thanks for the tips though Nymeria.

I've never had any special offer emails even though I'm signed up for pretty much everything :/ I wish I did though, it would make everything so much easier

Hi, thanks for your feedback.

Hey PurringTiger - that was an eagle-eyed * spot on the offer! I won't bore you with the details why it was like that...

We do have a big range of offers that we promote on email lists and on site. We've changed lots of merchandising styles on group and category pages so there are far fewer graphics on the pages - we recommend best sellers and products recommended by customers by review scores.

The special offers page has a few on but we don't want the page to be scrolling down to centre of the earth - but I should put more on. Soz!

Best thing to do is sign up to bi-weekly mailouts and you won't miss much.

Thanks again for all feedback...

I'm signed up for the special offers emails and haven't had any for ages. Just checked my blocked senders and I didn't accidentally put LH emails on there and they've not gone to my junk mail because I've checked that too.

The current bank holiday offer is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/special-offers/1628/

I just change the URL to 1629, 1630 etc until i find more offers, they continue in order like that, it's not random...

Nice tip Abots :)

I also don't receive any other emails bar the DOTD but signed up to everything, gonna try a "reset"

Just thought I'd mention the great offer of a free Mr Big rabbit on any order £25+ with the Facebook Lovehoney offer.