spending money at lovehoney

Since 20 Sept 2011 I have spent about £250 on this site. The latest order today will probably be my last for the next six months. Have to save up for the next holiday.

However it all depends on any good deals in the future on the items I would like to have.

I've spent around £500 on various toys from Lh over almost the last yr - really scary BUT have everything I need now :) I too have returned some due to them not meeting my expectations (sometimes I exchange for other items). Now I've pretty much ceased buying coz, like I say, i've got all that I need. Altho I do keep an eye out on the DotDs and other spesh offers./new toys.

D69x

That really does sound like a lot... O_o... but it is across the whole year which isn't so bad. I mean, you could be spending a lot more on a lame Apple phone! At least sex toys HAVE a use.

Ginger Ninja Minge wrote:

That really does sound like a lot... O_o... but it is across the whole year which isn't so bad. I mean, you could be spending a lot more on a lame Apple phone! At least sex toys HAVE a use.

GNM - I'll be alittle more precise, having thought about this, I discovered Lh last Nov and got myself a sqweel for my Birthday (late nov) but didn't try it for a while as I physically couldn't (I'll explain later). When I did I din't like it at all and having wrote my review Lh customer services contacted me and said I could exchange it for something else as I wasn't happy -bloody amazing service I thot then (and still think) so that's what made me become a loyal customer to Lh, and I haven't looked back to be honest!
The reason is I was involved in a serious road traffic collision with an IDIOT car driver who didn't know her left from her right, who knocked me off my motorbike on my way to work last sept (11am, 15th sept) - beautiful sunny day too! Fortunately I was on my wonderful little motorbikey and 'only' suffered a serious break to my upper left arm - radial nerve stretched over the break, not compound but bloody nearly! In hosp for 8 days where it got pinned & plated. (I say fortunately on my little bikey coz if I'd been on my big bikey I'd have lost her and my arm). Am still suffering lotsa probs with arm (nerves in arm/hand) but have ventured out on little bikey and am trying to rebuild my life again (lost job due to it) and getting on best I can. Anyway, I digress - to cheer meself up I've brought things for me from Lh, admittedly I havent been anywhere near as horny as I was pre-rtc but all my toys have definately helped remind me I'm still a sexy woman (sounds wierd but you get me?). So, yes I've spent a fair bit since the beginning of this year BUT it's my only vice (no drugs other than prescription ones and no drink either, due to my tabs!) and toys last forever - pretty much!!!

I'm not justifying myself to anyone (or myself, I don't need to) I just wanted to explain my seemingly exuberent spending on Lh!! (and is much better than going to AS or the sleazy little sex shop I used to have to go to!!!)

D69x :-)

i worked out that over the last two and a half years since joining lovehoney that i have spent about £300 on here- that's not including items i've bought and returned so i suppose that's not so bad over quite a long period of time...

Damn. O_o I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could've been. I hope your arm is getting better, despite you still having problems with it. Sounds horrible that the nerve nearly snapped!

I'm glad the sex toys are helping you. If I may say so myself: anything that helps you get better is a good investment.

Cheers GNM :-) will keep you posted on arm front (through chat/email) - will take a while I know that. I now have to be careful not to push myself too far/do too much coz when I do it wipes me out the next day or 3. I am WAY more empathetic than I used to be tho gotta say. (and I can't bite my nails on left hand either - every cloud etc) (bit of a harsh cloud tho)

D69x

I'm not really sure how to get see emails on this site...

Are you talking about when you try to do too much with your arm, like lifting things, that it'd become horribly weak for a while?

I assume anyway there there is a private messaging system on this website...

Emails aren't displayed unless the person adds them to their profile, and I don't believe there's a PM system. There's some kind of friending thing, but since I have no idea what it does, I've never used it.

I just totted up all that i've spent on LH in the last year and a half or so. Nearly £950! Which isn't including things i've bought and later returned.

Saying that, i've not had a problem saving money, I currently don't have any dependancies yet and I don't drink so if I ever go out I hardly ever spend over a fiver. It has made me think that I might return a couple of things and get about £100 back. For one, my essentials wand started making a horrible screeching noise after it's second use so I think it's faulty.

I've always told myself that if I was going to buy toys, now was the time to do it, when I don't have to worry about finances. Come next year the belt is getting seriously tightened. Most of my collection is going to last me near enough for life.

Fair play to you Pixieking!! When you say your collection is going to last you for life I wholeheartedly agree - not alot else does these days eh? (i blame the tories but that's too political for a sunday!!)

D69x

silverdrop wrote:

Oh, but a toy lasts so much longer than a meal!

Yeah, but with me not working I get major cabin fever, so I'd rather go out for the night, have a night off from cooking/cleaning and have hot sex after anyway! :D