Spray-on Tan

Never had one of these before, thinking of getting one - any tips, for instance on how to get bikini lines, that type of thing? Was thinking or using Vaseline, or an old thong, but not sure that would work

Belles

Most people use an old thong. Just make sure you exfoliate before hand for an even tan x

Personally I canney stand fake tan...I much prefer natural skin tones! I've never seen someone in fake tan, however gorgeous they might be, that I didn't think would look better au naturele.

I'm probably in a minority but I like skin that looks like skin...complete with freckles, dimples & scars - all the marks that make us human not barbies!

I've tried fake tan once and never again, I used the lightest imaginable tanning moisturiser formula and looked like I'd been painted orange! Maybe it's because I'm so pale naturally but a lot of my friends start looking suspiciously satsumary this time of year so I suspect its the products in general!

My vote is for no tan at all (and for that matter no knickers...but that's a different thread all together!)

xxKPxx

I used some quite expensive fake tan years ago (Ecotan) and got my ex to help put it on my back where I couldn't reach then went to bed. It was meant to soak into the skin straight away but I woke up to find a great big, dirty brown me-shaped patch on the bed!

KittyPurry wrote:

Personally I canney stand fake tan...I much prefer natural skin tones! I've never seen someone in fake tan, however gorgeous they might be, that I didn't think would look better au naturele.

I'm probably in a minority but I like skin that looks like skin...complete with freckles, dimples & scars - all the marks that make us human not barbies!

I agree KP, very much so! Yay for freckles, dimples, scars on natural skin ^_^

I use the loreal sublime milk and that has always been good for a decent tan. If you want something lighter the moisturisers with a hint of tan are better x

if you aren't sure about whether a ten will suit you it's wel worth having the first one in a salon. I don't tan myself but my best mate wont be seen without hers and she highly recommends 'fake bake' which is a £25-£30 treatment that you leave on overnight.

beware also with most tanning products, salon and home, you will go considerably darker the night before and will lighten after your first shower,. as wizzie says exfoliate well and rub moisturiser into elbows and knees and don't forget the back of your ankles!!

Thanks - it was a salon job that I was thinking about.

Not sure I want to look like the guy from the Tango ad though!

Oh, and KP - totally with you for the no knickers!

ah well if you are looking at a salon one they generally give you a highly sexy paper thong to wear so your only real priorities are shave & exfoliate! if you intensively moisturise the dry skin on your knees and elbows for the week prior to the treatment then you should avoid getting telltale dark patches.

let us know how it goes and I pressume we'll get treated to photos of the result?

oh and the other advantage of fake bake is that it's a rub in cream rather than a spray on so you get a full body massage into the bargain.

Sukki x

Sukkamielli wrote:

oh and the other advantage of fake bake is that it's a rub in cream rather than a spray on so you get a full body massage into the bargain.

Sukki x

Really? Oooh, look forward to that, the last one I had was in Thailand and I've got withdrawal symptoms!

As for the photos, I'll prod Mr. Belle into a session afterwards, somehow I can't imagine he'll protest too much!

It's only a surface massage not deep tissue but just having someone slather me in cold gooey stuff and rub it in all over, rather than spray a fine mist of tango at me sells me on fake bake everytime.

I'm a very pale lass so I've never been one for spray tan but I had to educate myself fast when I bagged a recruitment job for a tanning product. The brief requried me to be golden and I only had 24 hours notice to get sorted!

Needles to say I made complete mess and woke up covered in streaky gravy stains. After evening it out with acetone free nail polish remover (probably not great on skin but did the job) I found the best effect, especially if you're light skinned, was to use a bronzing powder instead. I used Benefit's Hoola. It works well for definition of cleavage and abs too.

Something to keep in mind if you're porcelain but want a little bit of a glow.

Im all for pale and interesting! Half goth chick at heart anyway, can't be doing with the tango effect.

I havent really seen anyone that had a convincing fake tan and any time when I mistakenly thought it would be a good idea in my youth, I ended up streaky [even those which claim no streaks, fast dry, its amazing, we promise and swear on our mothers souls you wont end up as orange as a tango flavoured tangerine]

Keep it real ! Anywho the rest of the world loves the fair porcelain delicate fragility of UK roses [not the chocs but can't put English rose and leave out our lovely Celts! ]

xxx

I've found being pale can work wonders to throw a sickie. If you don't use make-up one day and play up the paleness and say you're feeling a bit ill people will say "Hmm, you are looking quite pale..." lol

We live on the coast so both me and my OH have slightly windswept complexions most of the time ... in the summer I can go almost nutty ... if there's sun, but my wfe being paler tends to come out in blotches and stays pale. So she uses a sun shower, in moderation, to get a healthy glow.

Women or men the shade of stained teak is not a good look!

I'm glad it's not just mewho does this!!

Columbus wrote:

I've found being pale can work wonders to throw a sickie. If you don't use make-up one day and play up the paleness and say you're feeling a bit ill people will say "Hmm, you are looking quite pale..." lol

i use garnier summerbody moisturising lotion sun kissed look builds up a tan slowly so it looks natural