Spray tan!

Soo me and laura went and had our very first spray tans on Thursday before our wedding on Saturday, was a bit weird, first time wearing a paper thong for myself (I got the tan lines to prove it).
Saturday comes, wedding day! All went well very well, but I did have to change into 3 different shirts as it was rather warm and I was running around doing pics, helping laura just move in her dress changing the baby, talking to people and all 3 shirts got ruined, (£100 a shirt!) yes I’m a clothes snob sorry lol, so now I’ve rambled on…. Anyone got any spray tan stories? Good, bad or ugly lol?

4 Likes

I’ve not had a spray tan since I was in my early 20s but I bloody hated that stuff lol
It gets everywhere!! I hated it on my pillow and bedding aswell as clothes. I also hated the smell, I could always smell beef on myself :see_no_evil:
After that I started using sun beds until I educated myself on the dangers of them, now I’m just pale lol

So glad the wedding went well, congrats! :partying_face:
I’ve not personally gotten a spray tan, I’m extremely pale, but honestly I just don’t feel the need for them. My eldest sister used to get spray tanned all the time when I was younger, and the smell kinda put me off it.
I am looking forward to summer here in Aus though, great time to head on out and sunbathe (with precautions obviously). I’ve been super jealous of everyone’s pics they’re posting of their tans and gorgeous weather!

1 Like

My step daughter used to use the self tan stuff, killed the shower but her white school shirts used to go green and blue under her arm pits :joy:

I’m glad the wedding went well and I bet you and Laura looked stunning. You were very on the ball having 3 shirts available to you at the venue. You were supper organised. I have only ever had 1 spray tan just before my last foreign holiday just before lock down. No real stories but the paper knickers were strange. I’m going away this year but won’t be repeating. If your going on honeymoon have a great time and we will wait for an update.

1 Like

As a sun worshiper I considered spray tanning , but after talking to some people decided against it . I did try the tan creams and hated the smell and results along with the mess on clothing and bedding . Years ago as a body builder I used tanning beds and they were fine . The problem with many people is they try and tan too fast and damage their skin . I start out with as little as 10 minutes exposure in late spring and work up to 25 minutes at max . I also see many young people that are always covered up and pale enough to be extras in a horror movie . On a side note my grandson who is typical for a 19 year old went into the army and got sent home after basic training . Talked to the base doctor and he had three fractures because of weak bones due to a lack of vitamin D . Said that month they had sent 17 people from the northwest home for the same thing . Without sunlight your body does not process vitamin D well . It only takes even just your arms exposed for 15 minutes a day to greatly aid your D intake . If you note on my pictures I am generally tanned as much of the year as I can . Zero problems so far and have been tanning for 60 years so far .

3 Likes

Yes, my OH has to take vitamin D tablets as her meds make her sensitive to sunlight, so she has to ration it. Also sunlight is a great mood lifter.

3 Likes

Hooray!! Happy wedding days, that sure came round quickly :smiley: hope you both had a fantastic time other than the running around shirt sweat thing lol :sweat_smile:

Funnily I was talking to one my friends the other day who was reminiscing about her wedding and she looks back thinking why the hell did they go with a dark spray tan when normally they wouldn’t bother as they reckon all the wedding photos makes her look like an oompah Loompa lol :joy:

Shirts all sorted just a normal wash on a 30 got them out :grin:

1 Like

As laura is mixed she’s always a little darker than me I’m generally quite tanned anyway but just wanted a little darker I think that’s why I got it out the shirts so easy as it wasn’t a really dark tan I got it was more just so I wasn’t patchy from my regular tan from the sun lol :joy:

That’s great news @Steve_Laura69 I bet you both looked stunning for the wedding and I hope you both had a superb day. @Steve_Laura69

2 Likes

Haha it’s a smart idea to even all the patches out :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you @steve19

Not as stupid as I look aye?? Lol :joy::wink:

Wise beyond your years maybe :grin::sweat_smile:

1 Like