The wedding chat

I hope this doesn’t seem self indulgent, but I thought I’d do a thread where I can talk about wedding plans, ask for advice, suggestions, and anything else! Can you tell I’m a little bit excited!!! September will soon be here, but at the same time, it feels so far away too!

First off, the shoes I will wear are open toe. I want to wear skin coloured hold up stockings under my dress. Is it possible to get some without a toe seam? Any suggestions? Thanks xx

7 Likes

Maybe but it is lovely to see. I can’t help with hold up advice but I’m sure people on here will be thrilled to help you out and be a tiny part of your special day.

2 Likes

I think so - try goggling “sandle toe stockings”. I think they are designed so that the seam sits under the foot rather than at the toes. I’ve never tried them though, looked at options for my wedding and decided to go for court shoes so i didn’t need to worry about it!

1 Like

@Rhilee it’s lovely to see you excited.

Don’t think I’ll ever get married, I couldn’t organise a p!ss up in a brewery, certainly couldn’t organise a wedding!

I’d be the one to turn up to Gretna Green with just my partner, but on the other hand, I’d love my dad and son to walk me down the ilse.

1 Like

That’s exactly what we re doing!! We are having a party a month later though for family and friends. Means I get to wear the dress twice!! Xx

2 Likes

@GoGirl12 Yes they know, which is now why I feel able to tell people! I tried all ways to arrange to meet them or do a zoom call, but they declined so I was left with no choice but to do it by text, which I really didn’t want to. I told them how much I love them very much and that I respected their choice to not want anything to do with my OH. I then said that we were getting married quietly on our own as we felt that was fairer to everyone all round. I said that I wasn’t making a choice between them and my OH, but just as I respected their choice, I hoped that they could respect mine and that we could all find a way forward together. I finished by again saying how much I loved them all and I was sure they felt many emotions reading the message and that I was there for them. The elder 2 haven’t replied to me directly, but have spoken to my mother. There’s been no outbursts of anger which is what I was worried about. We will get through the tough times, I’m determined of it, but it will take a while. Xxx

2 Likes

Not sure I know of anything without a toe seam other than seeing if open toe stockings is a thing ?!

Sorry that I can’t offer any advice on shoes or anything like that, but I’m thrilled you are excited about getting married. Congratulations to you both.

My wife and I were married before things like cell phones and the Internet. It would have been wonderful to have had the resources available in this forum when we got married. We’ve had an amazing time, don’t get me wrong, but the information and experiences this group brings is incredible. Get ready for an amazing time!!