Stockings for the long legged

Hi there,

I'm a sucker for hold-ups and garters but so far we've had very little luck finding the right ones. My OH isn't opposed to the idea of them, especially since she knows how much I like them (got to love her, right) but finding the right ones has not been an easy quest. She's a size 12, long legged, 1m75 and has slim thighs. We picked up these from LH: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30685 but unlike the model in the picture they don't make it quite as high up her thighs as would be required. Exactly the same issue she's had with any hold-ups I've ever managed to persuade her to try.

Fact of the matter is that if they don't make it up to mid-thigh none of her skirts or dresses manages to cover the lace tops, making wearing them out a no-go for her. Should we give the Plus size (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32646) a go or will those just fall off her legs? Are there any brands that tend to be longer than others?

I welcome any insights you kind folks may have on the matter.

I’ve read that Gabriella and Leg Avenue make longer stockings. These are brands I tend to avoid as I have the opposite problem!

I need these too. My husband loves me in stockings, but they are never long enough.

I would definitely try the plus size although I'm a size 18 and 5.6 they fit lovely but are super stretchy so I'm sure the would stretch up rather than wide. Worth a try.

Aaaaah I have this same problem too! I'm 1.80m and find holdups never quite come up high enough. I wonder if lovehoney had the demand for 'tall' items, they would consider a range?

One of my favourite brands Fiore make them in 3different sizes which are based on foot and leg lengths. I know Charnos makes them in different lengths too.

There is a company that makes them called Gio that make a huge range in sizes based on height, they are a bit more pricey though.

With going in plus size you may run the risk of them being too big on her thigh as they do tend to go up in thigh circumference more than height.

Hey Boldly

I'm tall with long legs too - 5'6 (1.70m) and have very long and chunky (fat) legs. Most brands of stockings and tights aren't long enough for me either. I bought some plus sized stockings from LoveHoney and they fitted great.

These are opaque as that's the kind I prefer - I expected them to go quite see through on my legs - but they didn't at all. They are very, very stretchy so would easily fit longer legs - I've just been and put them over my hand and they fit my arm nice and snuggly, so they wouldn't be baggy on slimmer legs at all. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36738

My favourite stockings are the Leg Avenue seamed stockings... I don't have the longest legs in the world but they're the only ones which come all the way up my leg to under my bum. 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36738

(Also available with different coloured bows as well as a smaller size)

I would recommend these if you don't mind the bows or the opaque look as they are long; I must add though that I am shorter (5ft 1) and have big thighs so opt for the plus size (to fit the thighs) but these stockings can reach all the way up my legs and possibly even higher. I haven't tried the smaller size because of my thighs so unfortunately can't comment on them but I'd certainly say worth a try.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

My favourite stockings are the Leg Avenue seamed stockings... I don't have the longest legs in the world but they're the only ones which come all the way up my leg to under my bum.

Isn’t there a video of you and a couple of other LH ladies modelling hold ups and walking around the LH warehouse? I seem to recall that one of your colleagues was a six footer??

collector wrote:

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Isn’t there a video of you and a couple of other LH ladies modelling hold ups and walking around the LH warehouse? I seem to recall that one of your colleagues was a six footer??

Yes there is! But they were holdups, not stockings, and we don't sell them anymore :( 

They were the Kix'ies Hold Ups. 

I can reccomend the opague stockings,with bows on, 5’10 and they reach to the top of my legs and still have stretch in them. If needed i would say with a bit of delicate unstitching the bows would come off without damaging the stockings as well

There's plenty on sites that aren't LH. The problem is you can't namedrop them here!