Strange job interview

Well the title says it all really! I have a job interview tomorrow for an online sex toy company. I am really thrilled as it is for an advertising manager which is my dream job! As well as that i am advertising sex toys, what could be better?

I emailed the owner my CV this evening and he got back to me straight away asing if i would like to meet him for an interview. I said yes, as you can imagine i was very excited. He then asked me to meet him at our local marriot hotel.

I have googled his company and the name he used matched the one on the website. As well as this the job was advertised on indeed.

Is it me being parraniod or does it seem strange asking to meet at a hotel for an interview?

Sorry for the long story and thank you in advance!

I would be paranoid too in your place, hotel is a very strange place for a job interview. I mean they must have a company office of some sort even if they are an online business?
Maybe be honest and reply to them that you are not comfortable with meeting there, and see what they say? Or bring someone along with you just in case?

My OH has said that he will take me as my car is in for repair and he will have a coffee in the cafe at the hotel. It is just playing on my mind a litle too much, and i am still finding it rather unusual.

x

It could be that they'll be interviewing a lot of candidates so they're using the hotels conference room facility. If the interviewer leads you to a hotel room though I would be very wary. Have a friend waiting for you in the hotel lobby if you can.

Ah, i never thought of it that way! It would make sense if they where interviewing lots of people.

Thank you :)

I wouldn't think anything of it. It's not like he could do anything, it's a public type place with plently of people around, if behind a door. Seems logical to me.

kitty x

Yeah it does, thank you everyone. I allways over think things too much!

x

Yep be wary juciy. Might be a case of online company so only has a warehouse for stock hence using th hotel for meeting room purposes. But if it is a credible company be safe and good luck!

I've held interviews at hotels, I wouldn't read too much into it as you OH will be watching from a distance. It's a public place with CCTV so you'll be fine

If you still feel unsure, phone the Hotel and see if they have booked a room for interviews?

Hope it goes OK.

Thank you everyone. I need to stop thinking too much about these things lol x

Good luck on the interview! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Good luck x

Good luck, hope you get it x

Cheap&Easy wrote:

*cough* traitor! *cough*

I like this comment ^

Thank you everyone! x

I have had an interview at a hotel before. That company was based down South but was employing up North so all the interviews were held in a local hotel.
Good luck x

Maybe if you get the job you will be head hunted by Lovehoney, I'm sure you'll get the job good luck juciy

I used to work in a hotel, the lobby / bar was often used for job interviews during the day because it's very quiet. People can wait while having a drink (no alcool of course just before the interview haha) and they don't get to see the inside of the company yet (most companies like to keep those things kind of secret before hiring somebody).

Of course if it's in a room I wouldn't go there, but most likely it is just an innocent job interview in the lobby, bar or conference room.

Hope you get the job, good luck!!

x

I had my first Interview for a job at Specsavers in a Holiday Inn Hotel just simply as there was no room at the shop for a formal interview wihtout it being in the lunch room which was the size of a toilet cubicle!

I think it was nice to meet on neutral ground rather than a workplace - maybe they felt it may be more comfortable for you with the nature of the job. I don't know!

As long as it is in the lobby/cafe and not the hotel room you'll be fine. Plus if it isn't as it was advertised you will be in a busy Hotel so not alone.

Like others have said it may be that it is a whole day of interviews and not just you that day.

Don't forget you can always visit the job workplace before you accept the job incase they are not of a good standard hence the interview not at the company building.

Taking someone to wait for you near by is a good idea if you have a bad gut feeling

x

Thank you everybody for your support! I GOT THE JOB EEEKKK!! They where interviewing lots of people like some of you said.

I wont abandon lovehoney though thats for sure!

x