Strange newcomers...

ok so me and KP have both noticed that there has been a recent influx of new members that have been posting in unusual ways or saying some controversial stuff!

Has anyone else noticed this or are we both just seeing things?

i'm not gonna mention any names as i don't anyone to be offended if they are genuine!

Hmmm, I'm not sure if you might get into trouble for this DD - got to assume people are genuine and welcome newbies, it's not fair to make people feel like they have to watch how they speak in case they are viewed of as "controversial".

Hope you don't get offended by me saying this I don't mean any offence.

Axx

There has been a few strange members recently but I agree with AdnaW on bits.

I think the mod-gods might view this as a bit off putting to new members.

well I posted about my dodgy ott sex drive earlier and my dirty talk in bed but im not a massive newbie... just a little newbie, meaning iv been a member for a while just not posted much....

Do you mean me?? lol ??

oh i joined the day after you DD....

its not really liked if we use the T word

though i would just like to point out

that we do infact welcome these people and then after there post do we think that there not what they seem and 9 times out of q0 are infact trolls.

so to say we dont welcome them is i think wrong, we do and then once weve read a few post do we start to suspect.

its not like we go troll after one post ....

that's fair enough guys i'm not here to make people feel bad i was just concerned that someone might be abusing the forum!

obviously i've not been around that long either so it might just be that i'm seeing things!

i hand myself over the mods for judgement!

I just don't understand why people would do it! What's the point? x

You can usually spot them after a few posts but as we can't be certain its probably best to just accept and ignore it, so as to not risk upsetting or scaring anyone.

I do think we are welcoming D, you don't need to point it out.

diamonds wrote:

that we do infact welcome these people and then after there post do we think that there not what they seem and 9 times out of q0 are infact trolls.

so to say we dont welcome them is i think wrong, we do and then once weve read a few post do we start to suspect.

I'm just saying starting a whole thread about it, might be deemed as off putting to newbies who haven't done anything wrong.

If we have a problem with one particular member, then we should report the post and email the mods, and maybe directly speak with that user, starting a whole new thread about users in general might cause other unrelated new members to feel like it was directed at them.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a bit confrontational - I'm just trying to point out things to consider External Media

Don't want to cause trouble at all, I personally don't have a problem, I can see the point that's being made, I just can see the other side and wouldn't want DD getting told off!

Ax

i was pointing it out to you wanda

i was just saying my bit, like you said yours

Oh yeah and I'm not saying any of us aren't welcoming - we are all a lovely bunch - especially you D!

Axx

AdnaW wrote:

diamonds wrote:

I'm just saying starting a whole thread about it, might be deemed as off putting to newbies who haven't done anything wrong.

If we have a problem with one particular member, then we should report the post and email the mods, and maybe directly speak with that user, starting a whole new thread about users in general might cause other unrelated new members to feel like it was directed at them.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm being a bit confrontational - I'm just trying to point out things to consider External Media

Don't want to cause trouble at all, I personally don't have a problem, I can see the point that's being made, I just can see the other side and wouldn't want DD getting told off!

Ax

like i said before, i was just adding my bit like you guys have added yours.

AdnaW wrote:

diamonds wrote:

Ax

like i said before, i was just adding my bit like you guys have added yours.

diamonds wrote:

i was pointing it out to you wanda

i was just saying my bit, like you said yours

that should have said "i WASNT" my typing has got so bad lately.

I think by and large the OA is a lovely friendly and open place I think that's what makes it extra annoying when it's abused by troublemakers.

There are definately a few people popping up who just want to ruffle some feathers and, more worryingly, try and entice people to take weird off-prescription drugs. That I most definately object to!

I just use the "report this post" so the powers that be can pick up on what's going on!

xxKPxx

Don't forget that if you get offended by, or think any post is against the rules etc, then you can use the 'report this post' button and that will alert the mods...

I think engaging trolls or trouble makers in conversation just makes it worse and harder to stamp out the problem.

That said, the couple of dodgy posts I have noticed recently have now gone, and all the lovelies that have joined the forum and have continued posting after their first post, are wonderful, gorgeous, we love you, stick around, mwah mwah mwah! Lol

xxxxxxx

KittyPurry wrote:

I think by and large the OA is a lovely friendly and open place I think that's what makes it extra annoying when it's abused by troublemakers.

There are definately a few people popping up who just want to ruffle some feathers and, more worryingly, try and entice people to take weird off-prescription drugs. That I most definately object to!

I just use the "report this post" so the powers that be can pick up on what's going on!

xxKPxx

Freaking me with the psychic thing again, young lady! *weirded out* Lol xxx

Sorry D - just thought I may have upset you which as I said wasn't intended - glad you weren't upset by my post xxx

AdnaW wrote:

Sorry D - just thought I may have upset you which as I said wasn't intended - glad you weren't upset by my post xxx

nah you aint, but i can see why you might have thought that, im a bit touchy today so sorry if i cam across as pissed, im not!

Dxx