Stubble

How embarassing, but.....when shaving, does anyone have a bit of stubble that Just Won't Move??? I have a special intimate area shaver, which is great, so i rarely get itchy, and have no problems like ingrown hairs etc that you can get with waxing, but there's one bit that just says stubbly, no matter what! A mate of mine said I should just pluck the hairs out, but I tried one and thought I'd die if I ever did that again....so, any advice would be great!

Freak X

I can agree, but i'd like to know what your shaver is as i just use normal razors and get very ichy, its so uncomfortable x

I'm totally the same!! No matter how close I shave in whatever direction, there's always a few patches that are still a little rough. I've just learned to put up with them... I figure my guy's not going to be paying much attention to how well I've shaved once he's down there!

It used to be on lovehoney, but they don't seem to sell it anymore, so I got it from BlushingBuyer.co.uk, it's a Smoothshave Intimate Area Shaver.

The link on blushingbuyer is http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk/product/38/smshvset/smoothshave-set.html,

but they're apparantly sold out too, but that might help you to know what you're looking for??

It's a bit pricey, but it's sooooo good, there's just one bit that I can't get it to work on!

Freak X

it could be that that little area is slightly moist, try drying it then putting on some talc, then stretch the skin while shaving that area.

Thanks freak x

Well I vote that we need to see a picture of this stubbly area before we comment!

wax wax wax wax wax! sorry peeps but it's the better option by far to be honest. i know it's not for everyone but those who are ok with it, I'd recommend trying it because it will sort ur probs. if you gently exfoliate as well with a small brush, u shouldn;t get any ingrown hairs

i find it helps to trim it right down first with clippers, use loads of gel, not foam, shave with a 4 bladed razor and then use the edging blade that many of these razors have nowadays.

itll NEVER be one hundred per cent smooth.

i want to wax but i normally get too pissed off with it being there and shave before my appointment

imeldaimelda wrote:

wax wax wax wax wax! sorry peeps but it's the better option by far to be honest. i know it's not for everyone but those who are ok with it, I'd recommend trying it because it will sort ur probs. if you gently exfoliate as well with a small brush, u shouldn;t get any ingrown hairs

Too pricey, Imelda... no idea how you can afford it!! It'd cost me about 60 euro a month - perhaps it's cheaper over there? Also, I'd be pissed off with having to regrow it for a few weeks before getting a wax...

In my salon its about £15-20 so its not that bad really

Just another example of Rip Off Ireland then, I guess!

its probably because your in the euro, the values not so good anymore is it?

I wax but do iy myself,

I started off with a beuty therapist but decided I would save the money, it hurt like hell the first time i did it myself but after a while gets easier.

and its defo as goos as when i got someone else to wax me,

also I have very slow growing pubic hair so takes ages to grow back, plus im blonde which helps

Shelly i take it you arent a fan of anal lol.

I'd rather have someone else do it as they can see better, i wax my own legs, dont quite trust hubby to wax me though

Mel touch is better then sight hun, you can feel what you sometimes cant see, id defo reccomend trying yourself, its saved me fortunes x

i'll get some when i go to supermarket, what brand is best?

I always use the microwavable Tub from superdrug, hot wax always works better hun, you should get reusable fabric strips too, that wash off x