Ok lets talk pubes

So i like to be hairless but if i shave i get a rash and after couple days my hubby ends up with friction burns and ingrown hairs so i startee plucking amd desided as im allergic to wax im gunna pluck is all dont hurt that much well not as much as i imagined. Basically any advice in ingrown hairs and ouchy stubble

Have you thought of an epilator like plucking but with the long term benefits of waxing

I have thought about it ive only used tweezers for ingrown hairs but was thinkin epilator would be quicker lol

Sorry, but you've lost me a bit there ? Is it your hubby who ends up with friction burns & ingrown hairs ?? Or does he just get the friction burns & you get the ingrown hairs ?

As for shaving, are you using an electric shave or a safety razor, as either can cause suitability problems, and to make sure they are clean before use.? Hygiene is very important, I find, with pubic shaving, so a good wash & rinse of the skin area after the shaving. Also, it seems you may need to either apply a soothing cream or talc powder afterwards in case of any skin reaction ? A good chemist would advise on a good choice, depending on one's skin condition or allergies ?

I have this problem. Summer is here and I love wearing shorts. No matter what I do the hairs come back ingrown, no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturise it doesn't help. I've tried wax, electric razor, wet shaving with a lady razor, wet shave with a mens razor, epilator, hair remover... Everything.

All I can suggest is to only shave when you reeeeeeally want to be smooth then let it grow back a few weeks and do it again.

I'm saving up for electrolysis. It's the only thing I haven't tried.

What type of wax are you allergic to? Have you tried sugaring?

I recommend using a post-shave treatment after shaving any intimate areas.

Lovehoney sell this one: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921 which I haven't personally used but I can recommend the idea of treating the area with a gel, balm or serum designed to prevent burns, irritation and ingrown hair.

I use one that is marketed at men who shave (their face) and wouldn't be without it. You can use it anywhere on the body where you might suffer from irritation or ingrown hairs.

I recently tried a bikini hair removal cream which I found in boots. I had to leave it on longer than they recommended, and then trimmed any missed hairs short so they weren't so visible. This worked a treat and I didn't get that awful itching pain you get when you've shaved and the hairs start growing back!!

This is going to sound mad, but swiping an antiperspirant stick over the area you've depilated straight away stops the rash.

Try a clear men's one like Dove. I used one I could only get in America for years and Dove is very similar.

I've shaved, waxed, sugared, plucked and epilated and had rashes and ingrowns with everything I'd tried post-depilation until I tried the stick method. Never had a problem since.

Would you consider laser hair removal? Costly up front but in the long run would sort your issues out x

We both shave but always always use an exfoliating brush, this helps massively with rash and ingrown hairs. So maybe look into this as even just a few minutes in the shower can save you from being itchy and having the “chicken skin” type effect.

After shave balms and oils work great too, but we just use a cheap exfoliating brush on a handle and moisturise.

Someone reccommended using an oil like coconut oil before and after in the pubic region. Find that it helps with friction, etc

Lovehoney Rebecca beat me to it but I can definitely highly recommend the soothing miracle oil https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17921

It really does work and I have very sensitive skin and have no reaction to it. Makes the post shave itch disappear completely, it really is fantastic stuff and it lasts ages.

I'd also agree with Rebecca & PurringTiger, the Miracle Oil is fantastic stuff! My partner and I both use it religiously and have no problems :)