Pesky ingrowns and bumps

Hello all,

Just wondered what oil you would recommend for ingrow hairs and bumps on intimate areas. Or even a shaving cream or specific razor brand.

Thanks!!!:)

I believe the key to avoid them is waxing. My wife has just had her second round of waxing 'down there' and it's definitely less problematical for her

Waxing will still cause a lot of ingrown if not exfoliating properly. Need to exfoliate for a few days in advance and continuously during regrowth.

Fairly similar with shaving except the hair ends are sharp initially which also causes irritation. Some suffer worse than others, if yours is bad then maybe try depilatory cream instead. You will get more used to it over time. IMO waxing is best but painful.

I would agree with KingGrthy. You need to exfoliate but also moisturise. I am a regular waxer and make sure i do both on a regular basis. It is basically allowing the new hair to grow back through so keep the skin in top condition :)

Thanks for the advice I did used to wax but I found I had the same problem however I can’t say I ever used a moisturiser so I’d bare that in mind next time. Thanks!

Hey! Can I ask if you suffer with acne or sensitive skin at all? I used to be able to wax, shave, epilate and use hair remover until I developed adult acne due to my meds. No amount of moisturiser, buffing or exfoliating helps. Hairs Ingrow and get infected. It's so painful I have just not bothered and will only do it for swimming.

I hope everyone's else's advice helps and you're not in my situation ❤️

I used to get ingrown hair really badly, so I used a laser hair remover and now I never get them. It’s an expensive method though, the machine I bought was over £300 but I only shave once a week now. I used to exfoliate and then tweeze out the ingrowns but it took ages to get hold of them and I was so sore afterwards.

I know it’s pricy but laser hair removal is definitely worth looking into; it worked well for me!

I used to be a fellow suffer of ingrown hairs.

I tried exfoliating, using creams to hydrate the skin and also the soaps and scrubs designed to stop ingrown hairs. i had always used warm wax (strip waxing) I then changed to hot wax! What a difference! It was less painful my foof didn't feel like it was on fire and after about 5 waxes my skin cleared up!
I get the odd ingrown which is hardly anything major now however I'm now left with scarring due to the ingrown.

I say give hot waxing a try 😊

I second the hot wax over other types, I don't find it particularly painful, and for me, it seems to reduce irritation on the skin

There's a good product by Skin Doctors called 'in grow go' which I've found really good... Jusypt don't use the same day as the waxing session!

in grow go is basically acetone. It’s burns like hell on damaged skin. It works by basically dissolving the top layers of dead skin allowing them to be rubbed off easily. It works, typically use it for 2-3 days before waxing while exfoliating and then give it 48 hours after and then can use it again.

As for warm wax vs hot wax, they are all warm or hot (except for the store bought wax strips which generally tear the hell out of your skin) the distinction is actually strip wax vs stripless wax. strip wax sticks to your skin, a barrier of talc can be used to alleviate this somewhat but the reason it is not suitable for bikini is the skin is too soft and the strips will remove the top layers of the skin. Warm or hot “stripless” wax is the only way to go for Brazilian. By using a lipid barrier(basically a thin layer of oil) the wax does not stick to skin at all, just the hair. Strip wax is good for large areas like legs, arms, back etc. . . Warm wax for all the delicate parts, like pubic, face, armpits, ass, etc.

in grow go is basically acetone. It’s burns like hell on damaged skin. It works by basically dissolving the top layers of dead skin allowing them to be rubbed off easily. It works, typically use it for 2-3 days before waxing while exfoliating and then give it 48 hours after and then can use it again.

As for warm wax vs hot wax, they are all warm or hot (except for the store bought wax strips which generally tear the hell out of your skin) the distinction is actually strip wax vs stripless wax. strip wax sticks to your skin, a barrier of talc can be used to alleviate this somewhat but the reason it is not suitable for bikini is the skin is too soft and the strips will remove the top layers of the skin. Warm or hot “stripless” wax is the only way to go for Brazilian. By using a lipid barrier(basically a thin layer of oil) the wax does not stick to skin at all, just the hair. Strip wax is good for large areas like legs, arms, back etc. . . Warm wax for all the delicate parts, like pubic, face, armpits, ass, etc.

Stripless wax used to be Hot, it doesn’t have to be anymore, newer wax formulas are effective at much lower temps.

sorry for the duplicate post, sometimes my phone plays up on this site.  Leanne or any other mod feel free to delete one of them!

Aw thanks for everybody’s advice and kind words. You’re all so helpful I’m definitely going to be looking at hot wax. I’ve used the ingrow solution before works wonders on my legs but wouldn’t dare use it there as i find it to frying on my skin. :/ But again, thanks all!!! :)))

I'm a really big fan of the s.HAIR oil and gel, I love it and its so easy to use. I should have reviews written on these pages too!

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32911

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32913

I also have this one which ticks all the boxes, I use it everytime I shower. Have had it forever and still hasn't run out yet.

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35419

I second Skin Doctor’s Ingrow Go! Quite a harsh chemical exfoliant but was the only solution that worked for me.