Surveys show most women reach orgasm by penetration without stroking the clitoris at the same time

That most women can’t orgasm with penetration is a myth spammed all over the internet. See the survey (pdfs at the bottom of the site) by IFOP (Institut français d’opinion publique; an international polling and market research firm). In this survey, 68% of the 8000 women orgasm with penetration during sex at least “somewhat easily” without stroking the clitoris at the same time. They have separate questions for with or without clitoral stroking, so the question can not be misunderstood (as opposed to their question on anal).

It’s a nationally representative sample, and numbers of how many have ever masturbated (79%), received oral etc agrees quite well with other studies, suggesting this is not some weird hypersexual sample.

See this DocDroid link for a compilation of all scientific large sample studies (e.g. most circumcised women reach orgasm with intercourse more often than seldom). Answers to potential criticism against the IFOP survey are also in this document, including the claim that study after study supposedly show such women to be in the minority.

I am not saying most women reach orgasm most of the time, but that a clear majority are best described as reaching orgasm with penetration under favorable circumstances. For we have to take into consideration that many men orgasm before, and that the female orgasm depends on many factors like foreplay, clitoral stimulation during foreplay etc.

Hello and welcome @_LLH :slightly_smiling_face:

Seems like a good spot for a poll. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you achieve orgasm without clitoral stimulation?
  • Easily
  • Fairly Easily
  • Sometimes
  • Rarely
  • Never

0 voters

I’ve answered for Mrs Chimp. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

Have in mind we are talking about clitoral stimulation at the same time, not whether they need it before intercourse. A poll is fine, but by no means weighty as evidence here.

I’m not sure we need evidence. I think most people can work it out for themselves. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

For members with the relevant anatomy, right?

5 Likes

and forum polls are fun :+1:

2 Likes

Also, different types of orgasm to weigh in with!

I have a gspot orgasm from penetration alone, but a more intense orgasm (clitoral affecting the whole body) needs clitoral stimulation :+1:

2 Likes

I can do you a penis-y one for balance. :slightly_smiling_face:

Can you orgasm without touching your ‘big clit’? (penis)
  • Easily
  • Fairly Easily
  • Sometimes
  • Rarely
  • Never

0 voters

I first went with ‘never’, but then I remembered that time in Mablethorpe.

4 Likes

If you have G-spot orgasms, why did you vote never on the question?

If it’s g spot stim I can definitely orgasm without clit play, but it is from fingers or toys only. Only occasionally can I orgasm from an actual d*ck

(Answered the penis one on hubby’s behalf)

2 Likes

It’s very rare for the wife to orgasm without playing with her clit.
For her has to have a vibrator or dildo using sex ir solo play

@_LLH sorry we hijacked your post but this is so much more fun on a Sunday afternoon than dry (haha) academia

1 Like

Because I don’t count a gspot orgasm as a proper orgasm (in my opinion) it feels nice but is nothing compared to a clitoral orgasm

2 Likes

@_LLH um I put fairly easily?

Yes sorry I mixed you up edited

The whole premise of this survey thing seems a bit “1970s Masters & Johnson” to me. I think attitudes are rather more nuanced these days aren’t they? I’d hope we’ve outgrown the need for such broad-brush categorisations. Surely every person has their own unique pattern of sexual response. :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Can I ask what your angle is here? Beyond wanting people to read your essay.

6 Likes

Hello @_LLH :wave:

Mainly truth. Since it is claimed everywhere that most women don’t (especially by sex educators) and I have looked into this, I rather not just sit on this information while the myth goes on.