Suspender problems!

Tazzy84red wrote:

I've always attached stockings to the belt then put the stockings on and do the belt last. Never had problems with it at all or coming losse.

I always find I get in such a tangle when I've tried this before, but I do know a lot of people who use the same technique as you and love it. It's like having homemade crotchless tights! 

This is true how ever for me being a larger girl trying to wrestle round the bed floor trying to attach them really ain't a pretty sight lol. Guess it's like most things you have to try and do what works best for you. X

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

wildflower wrote:

I'd never even thought about it till I read your message Jess but yes I do have the straps already tightened up while I'm trying to put the stockings on! This seems so obvious now and maybe this is where I've been going wrong for years lol!

I'm off to check out the guide and video right now:)

A lot of people do this as they think it'll save them time, but it just makes everything more fiddly in my experience.

Let us know how you get on with loosening the straps first! :)

Yay! Just tried this method and it works so much better .....Thanks for the tip Jess :)

wildflower wrote:

wildflower wrote:

I'd never even thought about it till I read your message Jess but yes I do have the straps already tightened up while I'm trying to put the stockings on! This seems so obvious now and maybe this is where I've been going wrong for years lol!

I'm off to check out the guide and video right now:)

A lot of people do this as they think it'll save them time, but it just makes everything more fiddly in my experience.

Let us know how you get on with loosening the straps first! :)

Yay! Just tried this method and it works so much better .....Thanks for the tip Jess :)

Huzzah! So glad it helped! 

I don't have any problems fastening the front clips but the back suspender clips are a different matter, especially the one on the right leg, it always pings off my stockings.

I have tried fastening my stockings to a suspender belt first, which does work well, but I especially love basques and corsets and it's not possible to attatch the stockings first, as I normally use the swivel method to put on my basques and corsets.

But it's a problem worth persevering with as I feel and look so sexy when wearing them.xx

I struggle with thin straps with plastic clasps, but I have arthritis.
I find the wider straps with metal clasps much easier with the same technique as Jess. The only thing I have real trouble with, is tightening the back straps, it's far easier if I have an extra pair of hands.

I always volunteered to attach the back clips for my OH when she wore them.

Then I could check for straight seams and smooth out any wrinkles.

Enjoyable for both of us.

Sarah's wench wrote:

Have you tried pre fastening them to the suspender belt, that is how I do mine, helps that my stockings have a small back seem on the lace tops, so I know to fasten the back ones either side of the back seem and the front strapps opposite them, slide your legs in keeping the suspender straps untangled then fasten the suspender once all pulled up, hopefully you can then fasten the hook and eye suspender just like fastening a bra behind your back.

I do it this way... i attach them first and then get into the outfit and the suspenders, this way is suuuuch an amazing and hassle free way to do it compared to playing twister with yourself and getting all hot n bothered.

Watched the video it explans it well, My OH had never worn stockings so when i got myself my first one she was like ummm yea i don't know how to make it easy for you.

teacake wrote:

Watched the video it explans it well, My OH had never worn stockings so when i got myself my first one she was like ummm yea i don't know how to make it easy for you.

Think i'm going to have to dig mine out again and try some dressing up fun lol

I can never seem to get them straight properly and after wearing em a while and moving about i find they start to get saggy on sides as im very petite so difficult to find stockings to fits ive even tried hold up stockings that are meant to stay up without suspenders but because of my petiteness they still fall down :-( its a bloody nightmare

Thank you Jess!! I’m another one who has been doing it wrong all these years!! Hopefully I’ll never ping another strap again!!

I like suspender tights. Perhaps a good compromise when you are in a hurry but want to feel nice. I doubt any guy would complain too bitterly either.

Absolute genius! Thank you so much for the step by step guide works a charm!

wildflower wrote:

For me personally it's the back ones that are the problem . I spend twice as long fiddling about with back ones trying to do them up only to have them pop off as soon as I straighten up as I haven't fixed them on properly. Front ones are no problem .

I'm was thinking I was strangely inflexible so it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Do you already have the straps tightened to the final length you want them before attaching the stockings? A lot of people make this mistake.

(To me, that's like putting your shoe on after you've tied it up. I know people do that too, but the shoe will never fit as well - just the same as with a suspender belt.)

The way I do it is...

1) After putting the belt on (but before attaching the stockings) I loosen each strap almost completely so they're much longer than I need them (particularly the back ones). I also undo all of the clips at this stage if they're not already open.

2) Next I put my stockings on.

4) I attach the stockings to the back straps first. It's usually easier to stand and feel your way around rather than bend round to try and see what you're doing. (If you really need to look, sit in front of a mirror, slightly to the side, with your knees bent, or on the edge of the bed/a chair. You can see the clip and stocking top in the arch in your legs.)

5) Now you can stand up and swivel your stockings around a bit so the back straps are straight down your bum / where they should be (as long as they're not seamed stockings, of course! You just have to get those right the first time!)

6) Now the back straps are attached and straight, you can attach the front straps. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY STRAPS YET. You should do up the front clips while you're standing up. Pull the stockings up a bit (as they usually drop) and attach the front suspender clips. (If you have a 6 or more strap suspender belt, you can do those up now.)

7) It's at this stage you can begin tightening each strap one by one. I start with the front, and work my way round to the back. I also periodically lift a leg (like I'm doing keepie ups) to make sure the back straps won't come flying off the minute I sit down or bend over.

A note worth adding is that stockings and suspenders DO take time to get on. It is perfectly normal (required) for it to take around 10-15 minutes to get a set of stockings on properly, especially the first few times you do it / if you're out of practice.

I think a lot of people think they can slip them on like tights, and then think that they're doing something wrong when they've been fiddling for 5 minutes. You're not doing it wrong... That's just how long it takes!

Here is a https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2018/02/23/how-to-attach-stockings-to-suspenders/ which might also help.

1 Like

@Lovehoney_Jess_Wilde
Thanks for the step by step guide :ok_hand:

Now what I really need to know - is there a quick trick to taking thongs off without messing around and having to undo the suspenders after I spent 15 minutes putting them on.
That would be real handy!

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

@Cupc8kes - now that I’ve stopped laughing, I tried putting my knickers on last, which seems to work if you’re needing to remove them, otherwise just half mast. :grin:

1 Like

@Jade48 but isn’t that just uncomfortable?

I guess it depends on the outfit, :thinking:

1 Like

@Cupc8kes - I’ll have a play later, got to try some of the techniques above as well.

1 Like

Depending on the style, lots of people just wear them over instead of under, particularly if you know it’ll be coming off fairly quickly! It you’re going out in them too then wearing them over is much easier too. Or, find a good pair of crotchless ones so you don’t need to take off :blush:

2 Likes