Suspender problems!

Ok I absolutely love dressing up to the nines in gorgeous suspenders and stockings but OH MY DAYS the faffing involved in clipping suspenders to stockings !! I have searched and searched for an easier fastening 

**EDITED**

I have the same issue ! It's so frustrating at times trying to get them clipped on especially the back ones! I love the idea of a different fastening.
I felt like some kinda contortionist the other night trying to bend round and get all hooked up ...... and then they pinged out where I hadn't managed to do it properly !
But I do love the look of suspenders I'd be very interested if love honey had an alternative fastening.Try adding your suggestion to the pander to me thread :-) x

You may need to remove the link though as although it Dosent work I think links to other sites is not aloud due to the range of items being similar to love honey
Xx

Have you tried pre fastening them to the suspender belt, that is how I do mine, helps that my stockings have a small back seem on the lace tops, so I know to fasten the back ones either side of the back seem and the front strapps opposite them, slide your legs in keeping the suspender straps untangled then fasten the suspender once all pulled up, hopefully you can then fasten the hook and eye suspender just like fastening a bra behind your back.

Omg I have so many problems with suspenders too. Mite try your way tho Sarah’s wench.

I would try to remove link as it brakes forum rules. Have you thought about trying suspender tights lovehoney have alot of choice would stop the hassle with the clips

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sexy-lingerie/stockings-hosiery/tights/

Hi Guys thanks for the replies, it's amazing that the problem hasn't really been addressed ! I feel ur pain Jojo ! Sarah yup tried it that way the other night and one of the back ones popped out with in secs lol! got lovely suspender tights from LH Tazzy but really wanting proper suspenders without the frustration lol ! I'll remove link but can it be posted to the pander to me thread or do I just do a description of what I am looking for? xx

anyone know how i remove link? xx

I would love to video the people of the world trying to do their suspenders and high speed it to the Benny hill tune.

I get in such a tizzy. There's my husband shouting through asking what on earth I'm up to as he can hear elastic twanging all over place. Somehow I've managed to clip it to the wrong leg, I'm all hot and sweaty from the faffing around. Usually if I don't get it by the 4534th time I remove the suspenders and hiss at them like a wildcat.

The lace ankle socks are my saviour.

My solution to this was to buy an old fashioned suspender belt with big metal clips, not one with faffy plastic ones.

The big metal clips would hold up the Titanic if you could clip them on, and I think it looks sexy when your suspender clips show a little through your clothes - leaves people in no doubt that you're wearing stockings.

What is it that people find tricky about suspender clips? 

Maybe it's something we can address in a guide, blog or vlog? 

I'd definitely need some insight though as I've never understood what able-bodied people find so tricky with traditional suspender belt clips. I've never found them to be a problem, but it does seem to be a common issue. 

Can anyone enlighten me? 

For me personally it's the back ones that are the problem . I spend twice as long fiddling about with back ones trying to do them up only to have them pop off as soon as I straighten up as I haven't fixed them on properly. Front ones are no problem .

I'm was thinking I was strangely inflexible so it's nice to know I'm not alone!

wildflower wrote:

For me personally it's the back ones that are the problem . I spend twice as long fiddling about with back ones trying to do them up only to have them pop off as soon as I straighten up as I haven't fixed them on properly. Front ones are no problem .

I'm was thinking I was strangely inflexible so it's nice to know I'm not alone!

Do you already have the straps tightened to the final length you want them before attaching the stockings? A lot of people make this mistake. 

(To me, that's like putting your shoe on after you've tied it up. I know people do that too, but the shoe will never fit as well - just the same as with a suspender belt.)

The way I do it is...

1) After putting the belt on (but before attaching the stockings) I loosen each strap almost completely so they're much longer than I need them (particularly the back ones). I also undo all of the clips at this stage if they're not already open.

2) Next I put my stockings on. 

4) I attach the stockings to the back straps first.
It's usually easier to stand and feel your way around rather than bend round to try and see what you're doing. (If you really need to look, sit in front of a mirror, slightly to the side, with your knees bent, or on the edge of the bed/a chair. You can see the clip and stocking top in the arch in your legs.)

5) Now you can stand up and swivel your stockings around a bit so the back straps are straight down your bum / where they should be (as long as they're not seamed stockings, of course! You just have to get those right the first time!) 

6) Now the back straps are attached and straight, you can attach the front straps. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY STRAPS YET. You should do up the front clips while you're standing up. Pull the stockings up a bit (as they usually drop) and attach the front suspender clips. (If you have a 6 or more strap suspender belt, you can do those up now.)

7) It's at this stage you can begin tightening each strap one by one. I start with the front, and work my way round to the back. I also periodically lift a leg (like I'm doing keepie ups) to make sure the back straps won't come flying off the minute I sit down or bend over. 

A note worth adding is that stockings and suspenders DO take time to get on. It is perfectly normal (required) for it to take around 10-15 minutes to get a set of stockings on properly, especially the first few times you do it / if you're out of practice. 

I think a lot of people think they can slip them on like tights, and then think that they're doing something wrong when they've been fiddling for 5 minutes. You're not doing it wrong... That's just how long it takes!

Here is a guide and video which might also help. 

1 Like

I'd never even thought about it till I read your message Jess but yes I do have the straps already tightened up while I'm trying to put the stockings on! This seems so obvious now and maybe this is where I've been going wrong for years lol!

I'm off to check out the guide and video right now:)

SUCESS thanks Jess!

Guy14357 wrote:

SUCESS thanks Jess!

Yay!! I'm so glad it worked for you too. 

Everyone has a slightly different technique, but from years of quickly changing in and out of stockings for burlesque and modelling, I find the above technique definitely works best for me.  

wildflower wrote:

I'd never even thought about it till I read your message Jess but yes I do have the straps already tightened up while I'm trying to put the stockings on! This seems so obvious now and maybe this is where I've been going wrong for years lol!

I'm off to check out the guide and video right now:)

A lot of people do this as they think it'll save them time, but it just makes everything more fiddly in my experience.

Let us know how you get on with loosening the straps first! :) 

Jess you're a life saver..... I've also been doing it wrong and tightening straps before putting them on. Your advice is great and I feel I won't fear a catapulting suspended strap again.

I've always attached stockings to the belt then put the stockings on and do the belt last. Never had problems with it at all or coming losse.

Couple looking to spice things up wrote:

Jess you're a life saver..... I've also been doing it wrong and tightening straps before putting them on. Your advice is great and I feel I won't fear a catapulting suspended strap again.

Yay! I hope it works for you. Patience is definitely key. Everyone has their own way that works - hopefully my way will work for you too :D