Taking out batteries?

After having a couple of flat toys, we now always take batteries out. Last toy we got had faulty on off button, so taking batteries out was only way to turn it off.

I've only taken the batteries out a few times but after reading how many people had batteries leak and ruin their toy I think I'll go and take all the batteries out right now.

I leave them in, simply becasue i have a handful of batteries in the drawer and don't want to be mixing up used with fresh, I'd rather know when the batteries are losing power and throw them out and be sure i'm replacing with fresh ones.

Not to mention the one time I got lazy my 3 year old presented my father with my rabbit vibe going full blast, concerned because 'it won't stop grandad'. Whoops...XD

Oh my god, I think I would have died! O:

I take the batteries out of toys when I clean them, as part of the cleaning process. Don't really use many toys that come with batteries, but the ones that do I store the batteries in the bag with the toy so I know which ones came from where.

I always take the batteries out, I don't want to ruin a toy because I was too lazy for 1 minute. I also do it as part of the cleaning afterwards and keep my batteries in a separate bag. These days I much prefer rechargable toys though as I find in the long run it's money better spent.

I normaly don't have batteries in my toys, mostly because I always end up taking them out to put then in the T.V remote or into a wii remote. xx

I always take the batteries out, I don't want to ruin any toys.

I also prefer to buy rechargeable where possible.