Taking sex toys on holiday

Hi :) I’m heading off to Middle East in a few weeks to meet up with my fwb. As we all know it’s a risky business but not my first time so I know the score. This time I’m hoping to take toys with me. Anybody got any tips or had any issues getting thru security etc? Bit nervous if I’m honest!! Betty xx

I think a lot of toys are illegal in some Middle Eastern countries so you should be careful and check that out. You might not want to take anything you don't want confiscated.

Someone suggested this toothbrush attachment as a possible super stealth alternative to the more obvious vibrators https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10535

There was also a thread recently that covered some really inventive bondage alternatives to avoid taking any handcuffs and rope through airport security. I don't know if this is your thing, but it might give you some ideas. https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1722027-bondage-on-holiday/

They are illegal in the Middle East so I honestly would not risk it. If they’re found, you risk losing the toys and facing legal consequences so I wouldn’t say it’s worth it. If you are into bondage then the thread Ian Chimp has linked will give you a few ideas that will work as alternatives but as for vibrators and dildos, I cannot advise further sorry x

Thank you for your replies. I googled about the subject and have found that there is an actual shop that sells such items where I’m going. I was a little surprised tbh but I think I’ll err on the side of caution and take little items such as cock rings and a bullet etc. nothing of high value so that if they’re confiscated then it’s not a huge outlay. It seems that only realistically shaped items are frowned upon. I will make enquiries about the toothbrush head tho. Could be just the thing for solo play when I’m away with the kids. Thanks. Betty x

Middle East is very risky. I had a friend living in Dubai and she had a vibrator confiscated when trying to take it back from the UK. A standard vibrator / massager than doesn't look like a Rabbit etc may be OK but I would still be careful in that region.

I have started to take toys when travelling including holiday to USA with boyfriend and hen weekend in Europe with no problems.

I've taken my lipstick vibe all over the world.take the battery out and put it in with your makeup nobody's none the wiser.

One word, DON'T

Do NOT take toys to the Middle East. This is a terrible idea.

Whether you agree with their laws or not, toys ARE illegal in most parts of the Middle East. At best you'll have them confiscated, at worst you'll score yourself a hefty fine or even jail time. Is it worth it?

Not to mention, you're going to another country to enjoy their culture as well as the weather (I hope). Middle Eastern culture bans sex toys. Please think twice about what you're doing, and don't disrespect another culture for the sake of getting your rocks off.

You didn't mention which Middle East country but anyway, this is a terrible idea. If you end up on the wrong side of the law you would very likely be prosecuted and punished which could mean jail time or corporal punishment. Also keep in mind that under Sharia law in some of the stricter ME countries, you may even have a problem sharing a hotel room with your partner if you are not married and you should then also make sure that you fully understand the local laws on showing public affection to one another outside of the tourist resorts.

These are not places to test the boundaries so please do take extra care not to break the local laws and customs and make sure that you also do not unwittingly take medications with you that may be considered illegal over there either due to the quantity or the nature of the medication.

Luckily France is more liberal so we will be taking a selection for our 2 weeks in Cap D'Agde