taking vibrator abroad?

Hi I am going on hol in couple of days with my other half. I want to take my rabbit but I am worried that my case will get searched etc if I take it does anyone know anything about taking them abroad etc

you wil be absolutey fine. if they do decide to search you it willbe done in private and trust me they have seen it a thousand times before and will think nothing of it.

Just dont forget to take out the batteries and keep them seperate. nothing worse than arriving on holiday just to find the batteries have run down in flight!

I travell from the uk to Ireland all the time! I have had my bag searched and they have pull out my vibe that was in a draw string bag and asked what is this what I did is say it a vibe people working in that kind of job have seen much worse than an vibe trust me, and they don't pull out belongings in front of everyone they bring you to a little area so please don't worry about brining your rabbit anywhere xx

It maybe a problem if going to america, they've up security checks on all electricals today.

It does depend where you go, as I believe some countries have laws on this type of thing. There's a really good old thread on this very topic. I'll see if I can find it...

Is it likely to be pulled out of case or will it not cause problems at all and get through fine without case been opened cos id rather the case not get opened

It's just to gran canaria

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/11/02/holiday-sex-toys-travel-flying/

There's a blog post there about it if that helps you at all. But yeah they've seen worse I wouldn't worry about it. x

Just take out the batteries, and put it in your case that you check in.

then there's nothing to worry about.

Yep, as above. Leave it in check in luggage to avoid embarrassment.

i travel alot and have had my bag checked a few times, as has my wife. we have never had a bag checked with a vibe in it so thats lucky. i would advise taking the batteries out so it cant turn on and storing it in a little bag or in a wash bag (depending on size). i have a friend that works on security at Belfast Airport and he says he sees at least one vibe a week and to be honest no one really minds.

just be carful where you are going, for example in India all sex toys are illegal.

Don't put it in your hand luggage, in check in baggage deffinately take the batteries out, if it starts buzzing away in the airport it could cause a scare lol but there's no problem with sex toys, unless of course as J&M said they're ellegal in the country you're going to

You could leave it at home and buy one while your away, love foreign sex shops,have a laugh embarrassing the missus.

I love the idea of wearing a remote control egg through the airport, in my head it's funny and naughty, in reality I'd probably get shot on spot and my OH arrested

I love the idea of wearing a remote control egg through the airport, in my head it's funny and naughty, in reality I'd probably get shot on spot and my OH arrested

so its ok to pack in suitcase if i take batteries out it shouldnt get searched also do i pack batteries in handluggage or suitcase? sorry just proper worried but wanna take it

For Gran Canaria you should be fine and embarrassment free to pack into check in luggage as long as batteries are not inserted in the rabbit. Pack the batteries (assuming normal AA or AAA) wherever you like check in or carry on.

I would pack everything in the check-in suitcase. Even if it shows on the monitor some security guards check, so what? Are they your old-fashioned granny? No. Are you likely to ever see them again? No. Are you trying to do anything illegal? If travelling to a typical holiday destination such as Gran Canaria which is a part of a country that is OK with sex toys (no problems of that kind are likely to occur in Spain), you have no reason to get yourself in trouble that way, either. Everything will be fine. Enjoy your holiday! ;-)

(Wish I could enjoy mine, just ended up with a knee brace and regular appointments for pain shots and blood plasma treatment instead :-( )

Better off putting everything in check in. My mum had her bag checked when we went on holiday because she had liquids =O the woman pulled everything out and her tampons went everywhere, she was really embarresed about that so I imagine everyone seeing a rabbit falling out of your bag will be fairly embarrassing, might as well put your batteries in check in just for an easier pass