Tattoo and time taken to do them

What's the longest you have spent in the chair. Today I have had my twelfth tatt and have just done 4 hours and I still have 2 hours to finish it in 3 weeks time. This isn't my biggest but is the most intricate and I can tell you my inner bicep is now certainly raw.

Ouch!! Around 2 and a half hours was my longest, don't think I could stand much more than that. Getting the sweats even thinking about it lol! Inner bicep looks good though, will be worth it! You know what they say, no pain no gain ;)

I've had two 3 hour sittings for my biggest tat :)

7 hours in one session and that was just to ink the outline

My 2 tatts I have were about 1h - 1hr 30mins I love them I want more but I dont know what I want and were

7 hrs is some going on outline too.

I've sat for 9 hours multiple times before. Completely kills me but is worth it in the long run.

I now have a balloon where my arm used to be. Bingo wing too.

2 hours my last one,debating on booking all day to get it done :-)

2 hours is my limit in one go, have had a big one done at the top of my thigh which took 2 sittings and needs a bit more as well. That ballooned up and bruised badly as well, so worth it tho lol. Any tattoo's in areas where there are lymph nodes will swell and bruise more apparently.

My longest is 4 1/2 hrs, wouldnt do it for that long again. it was the most painfull tat ive had done.but it has not put me off would love more.

Most at one time for both of us was about an hour and a half. Geoff has one that took two sessions. Rose's son is having a big one done and has had several really long sessions; it's looking great although not finished yet. Dragons covering his whole arm, wrist to shoulder and across one side of his back and chest. He got the idea from one of his girlfriends who has a leopard skin tat of similar size.

Our tattooer said big tats look a lot better than small ones, we have to agree.

I have a back tattoo, an hour for the outline and then two more two and a half hour sessions for the rest. For the last two sessions I used super numb. Absolutely worth it's weight in gold, numbed me for about an hour and 45 minutes so I didn't feel a thing, it was quite relaxing actually. :D there are some who will say that the pain is part of the experience. Not in my book!!

MrBumcheeks wrote:

I've never had a tattoo, but as a Saw movie fan I've often thought about getting a tattoo to make it look like a jigsaw piece cut out of my shoulder (Saw fans will understand!).

How long does anyone think that'd take? It would only be a couple of centimetres in size.

if its just the jigsaw piece then i doubt very long i would guess at about half hour maybe 45 mins it all depends on detail and shading in the tattoo

its the colouring that takes the time in tattoos :-)

Thinking about getting my first tattoo soon, something to do with family - maybe a quote from Princess Diana? - "Family are the most important thing in the world". How long do you reckon this will take? And are tats really as painful as they sound? I'm a wimp for pain.

Ooooooh, my longest sitting would be 2 hours on a carp on my calf. Was a cover up of a tattoo of my ex's name *I know...... young AND stupid*. I have a few others but would LOVE a lower arm sleeve and find the feeling of one rather relaxing, though a cover up is much more painful than a fresh one.

2 hours on the right hand side of my bottom back.. 3 lilies and some words, mostly shading which tickled but the writing KILLED. Want one on my left ribs next.. anyone know if that will hurt?

Will hurt on the ribs. Anything over bone hurts and ribs are not nice

My first was 4hrs, it's not a huge tattoo but I let the apprentice do it so she could get some experience. She took her time and I love it :)

x x x

I have 2, both took about an hour.
Really want a third, thinking of a pheonix either on my shoulder/back or wrapped around my wrist.