Tester product has come.

Boogaloo wrote:

I know what you mean Skitty! It's such a shame when really good things get discontinued, as is the case with a couple of the glass dildos at the moment. You wonder why in the world people wouldn't be buying them! But maybe they're popular at first then gradually get less and less sales. :(

I would say the opposite. I suppose there are so many variants of glass dildos but limited space. They probably sell dildos long enough for people to buy one if they want it (even giving some free with orders and selling them half price) and then discontinue them to make way for new styles.

out of all the glass dildos i pretty much have the ones i would want (only a few!) so i keep checking to see if any new ones are in. I suppose they have to sacrifice some to make way for new ones.

JM88 wrote:

Boogaloo and skitty i think there are also secret ones sent via email but they are really rare and usually the luxury items.

Ive seen one or two reviews of expensive items where the person has stated that they received an email asking if they were interested in xyz product and they have then googled it and then decided to accept the offer. I always thought those were the secret ones you couldnt discuss but now i know its the thread ones as well.

I did wonder about this as I've read a couple of reviews too that seemed to imply this. The testing system is such an exciting thing to be part of :)

Oh wow! Those luxury testers must be so lucky to get selected for items like that, I wonder if they send those to the top reviewers who have done quite a bit of testing for lovehoney. I haven't been around very long I'm not sure how it works! But I really like what I've seen of the system so far, seems very fair and lots of people get a chance :)

Are all of you testers in the UK or does LH use anyone in other countries?

JM88 wrote:

Boogaloo and skitty i think there are also secret ones sent via email but they are really rare and usually the luxury items.

There are and in my experience haven't been luxury items there is a review on one of LH's lingerie ranges that does point this out by saying the item was sent out as a super secret tester

Vanessa I THINK it's only a UK thing but I'm not entirely sure. When I've accidentally been on the U.S. Version of the site there hasn't been a sex toy testing bit or forums but I could be wrong xx

Testers are sent to people outside of the UK, so you don't have to live here to be a sex toy tester 😊

JM88 wrote:

Ive seen one or two reviews of expensive items where the person has stated that they received an email asking if they were interested in xyz product and they have then googled it and then decided to accept the offer. I always thought those were the secret ones you couldnt discuss but now i know its the thread ones as well.

There not always luxury items, just items that aren't live on Lovehoney yet. :)

Ah ok guys! I had only seen it on luxury items where there was only one or two reviews so i thought maybe thats what the emails were for, although maybe they are more for items that are in progress? Like they send the first draft out and then ammend it based on feedback?

JM88 wrote:

Ah ok guys! I had only seen it on luxury items where there was only one or two reviews so i thought maybe thats what the emails were for, although maybe they are more for items that are in progress? Like they send the first draft out and then ammend it based on feedback?

Pretty much, in my experience the emails are for LH own lines that they are developing. Like Cazz mentioned a while back, there was secret testing going on for the new line of LH kickers (for example) where emails were sent asking if people would be interested in testing before they were released. They could send them out for other brands, I'm not sure. But yeah, from what I have read/seen they're basically for finished sample products that aren't actually available yet :)

That must be quite exciting just to get an E-mail saying we want you to test this item without even asking to test items. Guess you must have tested and reviewed items for a long time before you would get the chance to do that.

Vanessa8 wrote:

Are all of you testers in the UK or does LH use anyone in other countries?

I'm pretty sure it's for anywhere in the world! I'm in ROI and have been sent testers.

I have updated my wish list and always respond when Cazz starts a thread with new tester items ..
Fingers crossed I may be picked again soon
X