Testicle pain...

So my poor boyfriend has had bad pain in his plums and it's really starting to worry me. We went to the emergency room and it is 100% not testicular torsion which is great news. The doctor sent him away with antibiotics and he's been on them for 5 days. It started off getting better and now it's apparently as painful as before, if not worse. Has anyone had any personal experience with this before? At what point should the pain be going away? I'm trying to encourage him to go back to the doctor but he's a bit stubborn. I thought some messages from strangers might help us with the next step.x

Did he stop taking the antibiotics when he started feeling better?

mamz wrote:

Did he stop taking the antibiotics when he started feeling better?

No. He's been really good with them. I've seen him take them all.

he needs to see a doc again x

jackjohn wrote:

he needs to see a doc again x

Yep

Agreed. Just need other people to confirm it.

I'll confirm it too: Definitely needs to go see a doc again, sometimes symptoms can point to a few different things and they just have to go with whatever the most likely one is, unfortunately that's not always the right one (at least in my experience).

There are lots of causes for testicle pain,

Sometimes it can be due to lifting too much and you can strain muscles in the upper thigh and pain can feel like its coming from the testicles

Sometimes it can be from too much playing with them lol.

As long as he hasnt got any lumps on them it just sounds like a strain.

But more you worry the worse the pain will probably be.

Ive had similar problems over the years and even went for a scan once and all was good.

But if your still worried then always get it checked at doctors :)

definitely go back to the doctor for advice or insist on a scan.

Has he started cycling recently?

Bought a new car?

Or even got a new chair at a workdesk?

Is he stretching enough - particularly around the groin and glutes/buttocks area?

When I had a funny dull ache I was asked all these questions - turns out I had bought a new motorbike and wasnt stretching enough. I was sent for a scan and they happened to find tiny calcium deposits there which souldnt be there - suggesting a lack of Vit D.

If they gave him anti biotics it is probably epididymitus. A testical infection. It's actually a pain to get rid of and guidance now is for a long road of anti biotics of up to a month. May be he didn't have a long enough dose. Also if he gets reoccurring pain it might be chronic inflammation.

Again pain needs to be checked out but it doesn't mean it's necassirly something terrible. Good luck!

100% go back to the docs if he's still in pain! If the doc says it's nothing he should get a second opinion... I wouldn't rest until I knew exactly what was causing it and why.

Agree with everyone above. Get another doctor's appointment, for peace of mind's sake if nothing else.

Aye agree defiantly go back to the surgery. If the pain was lessening when he was in the anti biotics, he probably needs a longer course as they seemed to be working 💟xx

My partner had a dull ache which bothered him for over a year. He eventually got sent to the gum clinic and was prescribed something which made it go away. They never said what it was though :/ as others say it's probably nothing to worry about but he should go back to drs if it's causing him discomfort x

I had this few yesrs back. Antibiotics werent clearing what they thought was epididymitis, ended up having annultra sound scan which at least told me i had no lumps etc but did show up a varicaseal on one testicle ... Varicose vein
And a hydraseal on the other testicle which is basically a sack of fluid surrounding the testicle. Nothing really serious but had to change underwear and keep them cooler.
The pain faded few months later and is fine now. Testicle pain is horrible and usuallt prolonged but getting it checked regularly is good for your head. Not very nice being proded n poked though while your in pain.
Ask for an ultra sound scan if the pain doesnt subside.

I had a torsion...not nice! After it was cured,i got regular aches,as if gravity was pulling it down,i found ejaculation cured it!

Thanks everyone! Appointment's all booked and I think he's going to ask for an ultrasound just to be on the safe side. It's just nice to know that he's not unusual having it. No one ever seems to talk about male sexual health all that much. So much social stigma!x

There is nothing to be shy about,the medics have seen it all before,trust me! I have had camera down pee hole,prostate exam etc all witnessed by young trainee`s of both sexes! It is kind of liberating to go through such embarrassment,as you can never be THAT embarrassed again,and to them you`re just another piece of meat,if that`s not too crude an expression!