Thank you NHS and all Key Workers

I just want to say a massive thank you to all NHS staff, for all your incredible help in this awful time.

3 Likes

Seems a strange forum, but yes I agree with the sentiment, thank you to all in the front line, fighting against this terrible virus.

1 Like
This post is no longer available.

Well said and well done indeed. My sister is a doctor and all the NHS staff are doing a brilliant job. And all other key workers too, we all appreciate it more than you know! Xxxxxxxxxx

1 Like

Ditto, my sister is a nurse, and i`m classed as a key worker, we are just getting on with our jobs.

1 Like

I was in hospital a few days ago, third time this year for ongoing problems, and I can't thank them enough. Along with all the key workers no matter your role, both myself and husband are key workers too. It was very scary and surreal seeing it all up close and away from our little isolating bubble. Lots of love!

1 Like

Whilst not directly relating to the NHS from an Australian view point im thankfully to our nurses, hospitals, ambulance crews, fire fighters and police.

Yes im biased as I work in the emergency services myself, however people complain about us but wouldn’t be willing to step up and do our jobs.

2 Likes

Not forgetting those of us #feedingthenation :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Should we only be clapping/thanking the MHS only though? There are others out there that are putting themselves at risk that don’t get a mention and i suppose it’s a little dishesrtening for them? A few friends of ours are cleaners and nothing gets mentioned for them, no perks nothing. I know it’s a bit of a sore subject but the NHS are getting all the limelight, yeah i know they are doing a fantastic job dealing with paitents and dealing with the virus, but surely there are people on here that haven’t had the chance to self isolate and still plucking on with their jobs? People work in supermarkets don’t get the recognition that they need for going to work, keeping the food and essentials on the shelves for us to keep healthy!

I work for a distribution company for media, i don’t deem my work as essential, but what about the pharmercies and everything else helping people who are struggling with theor medication for mental health and others?

4 Likes

I get what you mean, there are plenty of us out there still essential workers but not receiving the same perks as NHS staff with discounts and appreciation. It’s a shame, but I guess we’ll just have to suck it up and be proud of ourselves for playing our part to keep the country going. If it were me, I’d be clapping all essential workers and then also anyone who has diligently stuck by the rules of their locality because they’re doing all they can as well.

5 Likes

Exactly @VanillaWithSprinkles, every thursday in work we used to clap a minute before the “NHS clap” just for everyone else! Like you said we’ll just have to suck it up! I’m not looking for recognition for myself, but others that are doing their bit but not “saving lives” first hand like doctors and nurses!

So to everyone on here that is self employed, employed, voluntering, someone that is still in work doing your bit, wether you see yourself as a life save or not, i appauled you! :clap: :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I’m a registered nurse in the dental sector. My job is the third highest rate of contracting the Covid 19 virus in the world, respiratory therapists are first and Dentist second, due to the nature of our job… Dentistry is a very forgotten about Sector in health care sadly, we are one of the lowest paid sectors in healthcare and are not entitled to a nhs benefit scheme, even though …we are NHS.

I think everybody should be given recognition. (We donated our Spare gloves and masks to the co op across the road.)

1 Like

Is that a more inclusive title? I don’t think anyone will begrudge widening the love. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@Rae1 dentists weren’t shut down during the first wave ? Here in NSW Australia our Dentists shut down.

In retrospect yes many people who don’t work in the medical field but kept working, and yes those people still deserve praise too.

I do wish people would stop spitting at emergency service workers though. Some people learnt the hard way not to do it.

2 Likes

No, private dentists could close but I work under the NHS so have to remain open for the public. We turned into a emergency unit for patients with pain, swelling and trauma. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope that if one good thing comes out of all of this it will be a recognition of the roles which really matter in our society and which help keep our lives running.

It isn’t about who earns the most, or who has the best job or the nicest car, it is about what makes society work and paying those we depend on a decent wage in recognition.

Public sector workers and zero hours workers have shown themselves to be heroes - I’m not saying that to exclude anyone else who contributes without thinking of their own gain, but sometimes we depend on people who get forgotten.

F*ck it - I think I need to visit the Rant thread…

4 Likes

I am a key worker that works with people with covid. Your the first people in some time that has knowledge us again since the clapping. We are a lot busier then what we where at the beginning of the epidemic. People are not keeping away anymore and the nurses, healthcare, junior doctors and cleaners were all forgot during the pay rise! Other public sectors and dentists have all gained the pay rise given and some are still not work during the epidemic.

3 Likes

I promise you, dentists have had to take a huge drop in their wages, they also didn’t get paid for the first two months of Covid because the NHS didn’t know what to do. Granted, some people are worse off as they have lost their jobs, but still none of the dental sector has had any funding nor a pay rise we’re in the minus! Xx @BDSMFetish

1 Like

@Rae1 in my previous post I should have clarified by saying all dental work stopped in Australia. Sorry for the poor choice of wording on my behalf.

In the bigger scheme of this, all the people still working and doing there bit during this maddnes deserves praise.

For those that have either lost jobs or are at home, my wishes and prayers go out to you too. :heart:

2 Likes

Nono I understood what you are saying, no worries at all :slight_smile: for me it’s more of an awareness thing, I like to explain in depth about it. It’s more of a “shout out” to the dental sector in relation to the original post as it’s a forgotten about healthcare sector sadly, and of course there are other essential workers that are being left out. I just wanted to input on it.

I totally agree with the post, although I believe every job wether deemed essential or not, is worth praising. :smiley:

2 Likes