advice and suggestions are seriously needed

I think the majority of you lovely guys and gals are aware me and oh are having quite the time of it of late, if it isn't our fertility problems it's ohs serious illness or both our anxieties and social anxiety, which combined is really grinding us down.

I really don't want to go into too much details as it's not completely my place to, but the jist of it is we are going to have to pay taxis to and Fro the hospitals which we really can't afford. It comes to £600 or there about and I'm wondering if there's any way we can get help?

I tried the esa who point blank said not a chance, I've tried the citizens advice who also have no options which is very disheartening.

I don't ever beg but really feel we deserve some kind of help, even half fares as it's extremely different to deal with this ourselves.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again 💟xx

Have you looked into PIP? xx

Have you spoken to hospital reception? I'm not sure if they still do it but when I had to see the psych team weekly they paid my transport. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, its hard enough when facing all these problems without the money problems. I hope you get the help you need and deserve.

the WRVS and friends of hospital charities also sometimes do transport help. If you speak to the hospitals patient liason team they will know what services the hospital has for you

Nothing to add to the above, but to reaffirm most authorities will provide transport, or maybe put you in touch with volunteer services.

Hope you get something sorted xxx

I don't know how the system works in England so I can't be of any help. Just wanted to send hugs to you and your OH ❤️

Hospitals do give transport for people that are low earners ;) Only other way is use public transport

Are you eligible for hospital transport? i think you have to book it and you get picked up by car or ambulance bus you may be left waiting hours after your appointment for transport home when i was going to hospital for treatment there often used to be "chair blockers" mainly the elderly who were waiting to be taken home

Hi Nat, I was told we was intitled to pip and my old gp got us to apply for it because neither of us are mobile and cant do public transport due to our (annoying illnesses.) but when we applied the Dr that dislikes us put a stop to it and said our health is fine which is a blatant lie! I wish we could use public transport! He clearly did this to be bad to us and cost us a fortune which is unacceptable imo.
Maybe it's time to re-apply and beg this dr as we are intitled to it, as my old gp and cav also agrees we are in titled as with the form you have to fill in we ticked every box
💟xx

myghost wrote:

Are you eligible for hospital transport? i think you have to book it and you get picked up by car or ambulance bus you may be left waiting hours after your appointment for transport home when i was going to hospital for treatment there often used to be "chair blockers" mainly the elderly who were waiting to be taken home

They did offer is that but the thing is oh can't afford to get any illnesses as they can be life-threatening to him 😦 So this form of transport is unfortunately a no-no 😕 Thank you for offering advice, it's much appreciated 💟xx

Throbinhood wrote:

Hospitals do give transport for people that are low earners ;) Only other way is use public transport

We can't do public transport as our anxieties 😣 hopefully the hospital will have some form of transport where we can travel alone without sick unfortunately ..maybe an ambulance or something along this line for the two of us. 💟xx

Imh95 - there is a free hospital transport bus in our area but the issue is there will be of sick people in it which is a no-no as my ohs got a serious terminal illness which could easily be terminal if we are among ill folk.

Thanks for your input hunni it's very much appreciated 💟xx

alone4ever wrote:

My local hospital will provide transport if needed, they even use taxis, as well as a bus.

I wish ours would do the same. What credentials do you need to get it? Obviously it would have to be a taxi. So you think there's a chance that they'll help with the taxi fares? 💟xx

Sorry to hear Slinky, not much advice I can give beyond what's already been said. Hell, if it wasn't for the 500 mile distance I'd offer the occasional lift! 😞

I'd strongly suggest applying for PIP. Also, phone them to start the application and ask them to send you the form by post DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO APPLYING ONLINE OR PRINTING IT YOURSELF. If you start the app by phone and youre successful, they'll backdate your money to the date you made the phonecall, but if you print it yourself/apply online, they won't do this. As the application often takes weeks for them to decide, you could lose out on quite a bit of money by not doing it by phone. Hope this helps!

slinky binky wrote:

Hi Nat, I was told we was intitled to pip and my old gp got us to apply for it because neither of us are mobile and cant do public transport due to our (annoying illnesses.) but when we applied the Dr that dislikes us put a stop to it and said our health is fine which is a blatant lie! I wish we could use public transport! He clearly did this to be bad to us and cost us a fortune which is unacceptable imo.
Maybe it's time to re-apply and beg this dr as we are intitled to it, as my old gp and cav also agrees we are in titled as with the form you have to fill in we ticked every box
💟xx

My mother used to work for the benefits department and said you can apply without getting the doctor involved, you'd just attach any letters you have with diagnosis or information about your anxiety along with your application. If you can't leave the house, use public transport or work, then you probably are entitled to it. If he's accepted and you're not, you could get carer's allowance if you look after him for more than 35 hours per week xx

RosyCheek wrote:

Have you spoken to hospital reception? I'm not sure if they still do it but when I had to see the psych team weekly they paid my transport. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, its hard enough when facing all these problems without the money problems. I hope you get the help you need and deserve.

Hi hunni, I did speak to them but they informed me that unfortunatly they're not able to help with this. All they do is bus-style transport which isn't good for oh with his health issues 😦 oh well we will just have to pay and save what bits we can to help with the cost. I'm really happy that you for the help you needed hunni and really do appreciate your kind words 😙💟xx

NatandTom wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

💟xx

My mother used to work for the benefits department and said you can apply without getting the doctor involved, you'd just attach any letters you have with diagnosis or information about your anxiety along with your application. If you can't leave the house, use public transport or work, then you probably are entitled to it. If he's accepted and you're not, you could get carer's allowance if you look after him for more than 35 hours per week xx

That's really handy to know. See the benefits are in my name so do you think that if I asked the Dr (New one,) for the letter my old GP wrote explaining I tick all the boxes under mental health it'd work? As I don't have the letters they are all at the surgery 😦 We can leave the house together but apart from that it's an absolute nightmare, really affecting our everyday life 😢 I do care for him and vice versa but obviously he's in a worse position than me. Thanks so much for that insight I really appreciate it Nat 😙💟xx

sweetlove666 wrote:

the WRVS and friends of hospital charities also sometimes do transport help. If you speak to the hospitals patient liason team they will know what services the hospital has for you

Hi hunni I just had a wee look into this one WRVS but unfortunantly it's just for the older generation 😕 I'll have to look into the hospitals patient liason team and see if there's ought they can do as we can't travel with other sick folk as it can be fatal for my oh 😢 Thank you so much for taking the time to answer hunni 💟xx

Sxleksaker wrote:

I don't know how the system works in England so I can't be of any help. Just wanted to send hugs to you and your OH ❤️

lovingnewtoys wrote:

Nothing to add to the above, but to reaffirm most authorities will provide transport, or maybe put you in touch with volunteer services.

Hope you get something sorted xxx

Just wanted to thank you lovelies for your support. 💟 I will look into getting in-touch with the volunteer services. 💟 Thanks again lovelies 💟xx