Thanks for sharing the Lovehoney love!

I think I will I did when fluffbags treated me but it disappeared

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

With 20% discount to celebrate Lovehoney's success, I am thinking this weekend may be a good time to share the Lovehoney love.

Well. I have placed my first sharing the love order of the discount weekend. I hope I will make a forum friend's Tuesday

Come on share the Lovehoney love!

if & when i do a wishlist giting , ima keep it secret like my gifter did . adds to the fun 10fold at least

Lol can't believe you said that, as it drove mad not knowing who it was didn't it ruby!
Mind you I didn't know who my gifter was either but at least they know I'm thankful via this thread.

rubysoho wrote:

if & when i do a wishlist giting , ima keep it secret like my gifter did . adds to the fun 10fold at least

I would usually keep things secret, but my previous post was about encouraging you good people to share the Lovehoney love.

I felt I should lead by example, it would be wrong of me to expect others to do something that kind am not prepared to do myself.

I agree with you, I once sent a gift to someone anonymously who posted that she danced around her coffee table with surprise when she opened her gift!

I am sure she had lots of fun working out who had sent the gift.

It is great that sharing a little Lovehoney love could bring so much pleasure and that was before she used it!

mrs average wrote:

Lol can't believe you said that, as it drove mad not knowing who it was didn't it ruby!
Mind you I didn't know who my gifter was either but at least they know I'm thankful via this thread.

Ithinkif it was clear that someone was being driven mad by not being able to work out who had sent their gift I would have to drop some hints. Lol

theMightyBum wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

mrs average wrote:

Ithinkif it was clear that someone was being driven mad by not being able to work out who had sent their gift I would have to drop some hints. Lol

Is that a hint ;-)

No!

theMightyBum wrote:

Doesn't it worry anyone though (as it would me) that if someone buys you a gift 'just because', they probably have an ulterior motive for it? This is partly why I don't have a wishlist, if I got an anonymous present it would make me paranoid – and if I got a named one it would make me feel like I owed the person something!

Personally the only motive I have for sending gifts is to cheer up someone or to thank them for just being there for me.

I would never expect anything in return, only the knowledge that there are still kind genuine people about.

People who give don't do it to receive stuff back its just a nice way to cheer someone up . I have sent 3 hopefully be with them on Monday fingers cross I have sent a note as I like to know who it has come off personally . Nobody has to do it don't feel bad if you don't do it, its just nice at the end of the day

KinkyFuckery wrote:

People who give don't do it to receive stuff back its just a nice way to cheer someone up . I have sent 3 hopefully be with them on Monday fingers cross I have sent a note as I like to know who it has come off personally . Nobody has to do it don't feel bad if you don't do it, its just nice at the end of the day

Exactly!

As an old friend used to say

Thank you for your support, I shall wear it always!

Father Ted

Aka HH

It you haven't given someone something just for the joy of giving and getting nothing in return or even knowing what they did with it, then you haven't lived and it's something to add to your bucket list.
Usual examples of this are giving something to a homeless person, passing on an unexpired parking pay and display ticket to someone else, passing your clubcard points to the person behind because you won't use them, paying bus fare for the person who hasn't got enough change etc...
Try it mightybum it's liberating to be kind, and that person will probably tell the story of your random act of kindness maybe for months or years after and help restore peoples faith in the human race.

I'm now souning a bit hippy (though I'm not) but you know what I mean. Lol

I agree with HH, Mrs A and KF. It feels really good to do something for another person and more so when it's unsought.

I'm actually still feeling good about helping out a lost gentleman yesterday - I'm usually the one who needs directions so it was nice to be able to help for a change!

I suppose there are some people who might expect something in return but I'm pretty sure those people are in the minority here, especially now the chat function no longer exists to attract certain kinds of people. The best thing about the LH forums is that the majority of members are kind, friendly and supporting of one another and I guess would only ask the same in return. I'm pretty sure that most people who have sent gifts wouldn't dream of expecting a return gift by default.

This does however remind me of the episode of the Big Bang Theory in which Sheldon stresses over the concept of sending Penny a Christmas present (it was on TV yesterday!) :)

Aww thank you to my little chick for your kind and generous gifts. What a lovely thing to do. Big cuddles from your mother hen... Cluck cluck! x

Someone has been spoiling me as I opened my post today. Thank you very much for my gift KF. I love love love it (It smells gorgeous too.) (((hugs))))

theMightyBum wrote:

Doesn't it worry anyone though (as it would me) that if someone buys you a gift 'just because', they probably have an ulterior motive for it? This is partly why I don't have a wishlist, if I got an anonymous present it would make me paranoid – and if I got a named one it would make me feel like I owed the person something!

Mighty Bum, there was no ulterior motive I have sent gifts before. No expectations although usually the recipient has been posting about being down or going through a tough time. I do it because at times when I needed a boost someone has sent me something unexpected.

On the other thread Mrs A called it 'paying it forward' I like the concept of doing something nice just because you can and that was the only reason I sent it.

xGGx

Aww thanks GG! Yes it's lovely getting a surprise pressie. I feel very blessed *blushes*

I never give to get I gust like giving. In fact one of the reasons I sometimes (and not often) wish I had more is so that I can do more for others.

If I had more money I'd be more hospitable.
If I had a bigger dining room/kitchen I could have more people over for sunday dinner, if I had a big garden I could invite all the neighbours and their kids roud for a BBQ.
I do these things anyway but it would be nice to not have to restrict these things because of space ansd cost.

i dunno .. i think if there was an ulterior motive behond it , whomever bought me my squeel 2 would have made themselves known surely ? after all it was a VERY generous gift , but ive found out zip , zilch , nada !!!

rubysoho wrote:

i dunno .. i think if there was an ulterior motive behond it , whomever bought me my squeel 2 would have made themselves known surely ? after all it was a VERY generous gift , but ive found out zip , zilch , nada !!!

Well that one wasn't me

xGGx

Thanks for my surprise gift KF, I like to give my time to and share my experiences with my forum friends, I don't expect anything in return, just the nice warm feeling I get when I feel I have been able to help or even raise a laugh or two.

But it is still an incredible feeling when someone appreciates me enough to send me a surprise gift, thank you very much.

Big Hampshire hugs from your father Ted

Careful now!

Glad you liked your gifts guys