The best feeling ever.

As a regular purchaser and avid reader of the forum, tho i very rarely post. I just can't control the urge to tell the whole world my good news and who better to tell than my mates on the Lovehoney forum as i regard you all as friends. I have been estranged from my two daughters for the last 18 years due to my ex-wifes doings and the fact she remarried and moved to the other end of the country. I won't go into detail of the past as i will get carried away and start spouting hate and vileness and that not what this post is about. With the help of my little sister,she is 15 years my junior,communication was started a couple of months ago thro texting as i wanted to speak at a first meeting rather than over the phone after so many years of no contact whatsoever. To cut to the chase we went to their city for 2 days and met up, after all these years,boy,what a re-union, tears,cuddles,hugs,kisses and more tears. We,my wife of 20 years who the girls do know,they were bridesmaids at our wedding,had the best 2 days of our lives by far for many a year. We have 2 beautiful grandsons we didn't even know we had. My youngest is happily in a relationship and hoping to get married in a couple of years. My eldest is gay and without a care in the world came right out and told us at the first meet up, which i thought was very refreshing as i thought,i don't know why,that she might wait to see how things panned out first between us. I just can't believe how grown up and well adjusted they are after not seeing them since they were 10 and 12 years old. I cannot explain in words to you nice folks how over the moon i am, we are never off the phone to each other and are planning more visits as and when work commitments allow. We have so much to catch up on,as have they,it's going to take years to catch up with their lifestorys so far and both of my parents are as delighted as we are. At 84 and 78 they have their first great grandchildren and are besides themselves waiting for the girls to come over to ours on a visit. After all these years i never ever thought this would ever happen and i had lost them forever, which i had resigned myself to. As the saying goes, 'never give up hope', which to be honest, i had. All the family know and i want the whole world to know,i am SOooo happy,so what better place to start than telling the Lovehoney Community. Thanks for listening folks,i am not looking for replies or well dones as this is not really what i would call an open thread, i just want to shout it from the rooftops and let everyone know how happy this auld duffer and his wife are. Tho thanks for reading,i know that people out there know now. Tell your friends,then everyone will know and i,ll be even happier. Thanks again for listening,what a great gang of people you all are and keep up the good work. You have given me a few good tips to spice things up with'our lass', won't go into detail but here's to more years of happy reading on the forum. Goodnight all, tho i don't finish work until 5.30am, good job i am on double time..yippee. Rob.

Hi i'm new here, but this is amazing! made me happy just reading this! :)

Congratulations Rob!

I fully understand where you're coming from. I had to fight through the courts to see my kids and they live with me now not their mother. It's a long story but in the past. Mine are 14 and 20 now. I hope you all get along fine.

I'm happy for you! :)

SG

Thanks mate, if it made you happy, you can maybe understand how happy i am. As you say your new here, well this is what the forum is about,just really nice people.You got a worry,a hang up or a problem or just about anything at all from funny to serious,just ask, there is usually someone here who has been there and got the t-shirt and can help in someway if needed.

Thats lovely to hear, congratulations :) xx