The best/worst present i have ever received....

as the title states

what is the best and worst present you have ever recieved?Why?

Best: i would have to say my laptop..or digital camera.... the laptop is pretty self explanatory.. the internet opens alot of doors. Camera because photos are memories frozen in time. I love photos (not being in them!) and im genuinely interested in photography so i loved this gift.

worst? probably 'Blush Art' as a very young child. i wanted it for SOOO long when i got it it was absolutely rubbish, it was such a let down. disapointment eh!

best: Collar from my Master although i should probably count my moped i got from my mum for my 16th.

worst: lots of makeup related stuff wen i was about 12 it was all pink and crap and i was still more of a tomboy then. pluss it was the asumption that that was what i wanted.

I have 2 presents that were the best, and worst presents ever given to me. One of them was a drumkit my parents bought me for Christmas when I was 12. I'd never played drums before, or shown an interest in them whatsoever. I didn't think much of them, and they got angry at me for not playing them. I ended up taking lessons just to keep them quiet but dropped out after a month. A few years later, I started playing them randomly and taught myself to play them. Now, drumming is a major part of my life and I love it. Best and worst all in one :)

Another present, was given to me by my boyfriend 2 years ago at Christmas. It was a mobility scooter. I have NO idea why he thought I would want it (apparently I had said a few times that I would really love one.....). On Christmas morning, he took me to the garden and told me I could open my eyes. My reaction was (quote) "What the fuck is that? You can't be serious". I felt awful that I hated it so much but couldn't help to be really disappointed and angry with him. We sold it a couple of weeks later, but the story is so hilarious that I always consider it to be one of the best and worst presents I ever got x

best ....a car

worst a tipper truck ....I was 14 yrs old LMAO

QueenC wrote:

I have 2 presents that were the best, and worst presents ever given to me. One of them was a drumkit my parents bought me for Christmas when I was 12. I'd never played drums before, or shown an interest in them whatsoever. I didn't think much of them, and they got angry at me for not playing them. I ended up taking lessons just to keep them quiet but dropped out after a month. A few years later, I started playing them randomly and taught myself to play them. Now, drumming is a major part of my life and I love it. Best and worst all in one :)

Another present, was given to me by my boyfriend 2 years ago at Christmas. It was a mobility scooter. I have NO idea why he thought I would want it (apparently I had said a few times that I would really love one.....). On Christmas morning, he took me to the garden and told me I could open my eyes. My reaction was (quote) "What the fuck is that? You can't be serious". I felt awful that I hated it so much but couldn't help to be really disappointed and angry with him. We sold it a couple of weeks later, but the story is so hilarious that I always consider it to be one of the best and worst presents I ever got x

let me get this straight... your boyfriend got you a mobility scooter?! how old are you - age bracket lol?

If my bf bought me a mobility scooter at any age i think id die with embarressment haha!

LittleMissCum wrote:

let me get this straight... your boyfriend got you a mobility scooter?! how old are you - age bracket lol?

If my bf bought me a mobility scooter at any age i think id die with embarressment haha!

Yes he absolutely did. I was so angry and disappointed, but the look on his face made me feel really guilty that I was so angry with him. I'm 20, so won't be needing one for quite some time. What makes it worse, is that he rang my sister, her boyfriend, my best friend and my mum and dad to check I would like it. They all said Yes, I would love it!

I think it's fair to say I don't trust him to buy me presents anymore! Although he did redeem himself with a beautiful and very thoughtful poster that he had made for my birthday. Its an A1 vinyl poster full of pictures and memories and funny quotes from our relationship, so he did make up for it

Worse: 3 packets of tesco value biscuits, on my 21st birthday, 7months pregnant... Thanks for that grandad!

Best: a necklace last christmas with my sons foot prints on :)

Best: Tickets to for a cup match with a hospitality package

Worst: a cheap comb when I was totally bald (cheeky git!)

Best = Airline tickets

Worst = book on sailing - I drove speed boats at the time

QueenC wrote:

LittleMissCum wrote:

Yes he absolutely did.

i doubt anyone will beat QueenC to the 'worst' title.....a mobility scooter at 20! haha im speachless!

Best: My Nerf Gun (I am a big kid and its the best toy ever!!!)

Worst: A Money box (never stray of the christmas list I say)

Best: A car

Worst: My ex decided to buy me a slanket (a blanket with sleeves) for our 4 year anniversary. He didn't even bother to wrap it >_<

Worst ever present was an iron from the mother-in-law (I think she was trying to tell me something lol).

My favourite presents are (i have 2) from my OH, my magic wand :o) and a cup my daughter bought me, it was the first gift she went and bought on her own with her own money. I love it. <3

worst... big box under the christmas tree hubbie of 4 months telling me it was soomething i really wanted, turned out to be laundry basket, bless him BIG mistake.

best, trip ti New York paid for by my sons last year

a packet of blue tack

i did ask what the other person might have got they just went bright red and didnt answer

Best present will have to have been my showjumping horse when I was a teenager.

Worst present - normal skin care products from my sister - One person who KNOWS what my skin is like as I've had Eczema since birth and she has seen how bad it has been through out my life and she gets me a flaming Boots cleansing box thing. I can only use special hypoallergenic stuff and even then I have to test them as half of them are too harsh. I mean Seriously?

Andipopandi wrote:

Best: My boys birthday card for my 40th this year, it arrived a week late but it was his first solid hand writing done by himself !

by far the cutest answer so far

best preesie which i forgot

my grandsons birth last year

Worst present was a cheap fake gold necklace saying "Best Girlfriend" wrapped up in a bag, not gift wrapped or even in wrapping paper, he came in drunk and gave it to me - Might sound ungrateful but I cant wear gold and it was like a little girls necklace, this with the man i was with for 3 years who knew i couldnt wear gold! then sulked with me when I said i wouldnt wear it.

Cant say I had a best present because I normally talk people out of getting me a present on the day and say I'll choose something after but never actually do!

Coffee grinder and coffee beans. I dont drink coffee!

Mouse mat when I didnt have a computer.