Unexpected best present!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas - I thought I’d start a topic to see if anyone got anything really unexpected and surprising for Christmas.

I got the usual socks and pants, a new board game and an awesome book about fungi! However my best present so far was from my in-laws (although they’d probably be disgusted as I’ve been using it in a creative way! ) They got me a super bright head torch. My OH hates the cold, so often I have to practice my favourite sexual practice (oral on my wife) in the dark, under the duvet……however now I get to enjoy the experience in glorious Technicolor! Happy days. All I need now is a small, under duvet air conditioner to keep me cool!

Did anyone else get anything unexpectedly cool?

12 Likes

I got two bottles of Lynx Africa instead of the usual one.

I’m classing that as an unexpected bonus!! :wink:

7 Likes

Mine was a 4 pack of Lincoln biscuits :heart_eyes: if you know you know

2 Likes

The reaction to a homemade gift i created, i know the person i gave it to appreciated it, and that was reward enough for me.

4 Likes

I got a sarcasm ball (like an 8 ball), I got some hair brushes, some makeup, some earbuds, some alcohol.

My favourite thing though was this recipe journal thing I can write recipes into and it’s like a folder type thing. I love cooking and baking so this is perfect for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Rob36 lynx africa is my favourite lynx to smell on a man. The person made a good choice :wink::blush:

2 Likes

I now feel I need a sarcasm ball in my life. So me :laughing:

2 Likes

Husband bought me hot stone massage kit. Very much look forward to him using it on me :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Do they still make those? I love, love, love them! In my teens I used to microwave a milky coffee and dunk half a bag for breakfast every Sunday :joy:

1 Like

They do but they are really hard to get hold of and not cheap by the time you factor in delivery lol but I have such fond memories of them from my nan’s biscuit tin when I was a kid. I’ve mentioned them so much and was beyond chuffed to unwrap 4 packs Christmas Day from Mrs H :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I do love a biscuit :cookie:

1 Like

They are definitely one of my top 5 - although I only ever had them as part of a variety pack. Wierdly pink wafers are my favourite biscuit (if you can call them such) - although anything shortbread-like (like Lincoln’s) will be smashed into my mouth!

2 Likes

I wish I could skip to the corner shop for a packet again. Sadly, Fox’s Moos just don’t hit the spot like Lincolns did :pleading_face:

Enjoy your nostalgic feast! :blush:

1 Like

A pair of hey dudes

1 Like

(non-Lovehoney images must be posted to a topic in #your-photos)

A Tiffany necklace from the OH was totally unexpected and very appreciated! I showed him how much later that evening!!!

6 Likes

Reminds me of my ex boyfriend circa 1995 :rofl:

2 Likes

Mr John actually needed socks this year.
He wasn’t disappointed :smiley:

2 Likes

I had to reread this 3 times before I remembered that torch is just a flashlight across the pond.

Whew.

2 Likes

Everything! The past couple weeks have been full of good memories.

2 Likes

I actually have a signed print of Leonidas from Frank Miller’s 300!

Obviously got the obligatory boxers and socks, which are always good to replace the worn out ones.

The best unexpected present was a beard beauty kit; beard shampoo, conditioner and oil. Now I’m giving my OH a run for the most number of bottles in the bathroom and showing my age :rofl:

3 Likes