The forum.

A few weeks ago I wrote in the Pander To Me thread about an improvement I'd like to see on the forums, but I don't think that was the right place to put it, and I think it got swallowed up by other messages.

Anyway - this is a "Pander To Me" post for things I wish we could have on here. And no I'm not talking about the Chat Facility - that doesn't interest me.

But I wish we could have it so when you hover your mouse on a thread title it gave you a preview of the first post. A few lines or the first paragraph. Take this thread for example. My title doesn't really give any clues about what this thread is about - other than I'm writing about The Forum. The same goes for say when new members join and their title says 'Hello'. Now - I'm a lazy cow, and if I can get away without reading every thread I will do, and I'm sorry for new members but I generally don't bother reading the introductions threads. Which means if that new member wrote a question in their opening paragraph I wouldn't read it and wouldn't be able to help them. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Whereas if I could scroll down the main forum 'recent activity' page and hover my mouse on a thread title. I could very quickly see if there was a thread I felt I could contribute to or help I could offer.

The other thing I wish there was, was some sort of indicator of the threads I've replied to. I don't post on here frequently (as you can see by my post count) so a thread I've replied to can easily drop to the 3rd or 4th page. At the moment I have to click onto my account, view my public profile, and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the threads I've written on. I then have to click on each one in turn to see if anyone's replied to anything I've said (taken offense, agreed with etc). Now if we had an indicator of which threads we'd written on, we could scroll down the 'recent activity' page and see which ones we'd written on, and see who was the last poster and therefore know whether it's worth opening.

I love LH forum, I think it's a great place for people to come and ask those awkward questions we've all wanted answering, but I think the functionality of it could be better. (I appreciate that the forum is just a nice extra - and LH's main business is selling sex toys, but when you have such an amazing extra it should be the best it can be in my opinion).

Thanks!

I think you've hit the nail on the head with your final paragraph; the forum is just a kind of add-on to a sex toy site. Obviously having the forum will boost sales; but a change to that extent would probably require a whole new system and would that really be cost effective?

Totally agree - but you don't know if you don't ask :)

I think it would be a good addition if there was an icon next to each thread that showed whether or not it had unread posts in it. Many forums have this, but again this would probably require a different system

I think ork is right. Lovehoney are in the business of flogging sex toys. I would say the forum is an afterthought. If i had to guess id say they probably thought we would all be on here raving about their products and didn't anticipate what its become.

To be fair though I bet the forum is a nice little earner. Think about it; if you didn't spend as much time as you do here chatting about toys, lingerie etc, how much would you actually buy from LH?