The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

I’m afraid none of your answers count as you needed extra time. :man_shrugging:

@Ian_Chimp :trophy::confetti_ball:

4 Likes

Sorry Mr.Chimp there’s actually a bit of time left… just thought I’d drum up some competition for you before closing!

Apologies for that :rofl:

1 Like

It’s too late. All trophies are final. :man_shrugging:

Better luck next time slowpokes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Rebus Puzzles (III) 🧩 Answers

Rebus questions here

Answers:

1. Trip around the world
  2. See eye to eye
  3. Look both ways before you cross the street
  4. Fire engine
  5. Big brother
  6. Caught in the act
  7. Summary
  8. Hop up and down
  9. Mixed metaphor
  10. Up in arms over it

I am very sorry @Ian_Chimp …the trophy belongs to @VanillaWithSprinkles who is exceptionally brilliant at these puzzles and today’s winner with 100% correct!

Please pass it along - making off with the prizes before the award ceremony is unacceptable.

:trophy:

Well done all and thanks for playing! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Ah man. Flummoxed and gazumped. What a day.

1 Like

Maybe you should tell them to do the picture round too? :slightly_smiling_face:

I accept my picture round is not up to the normal high quiz standards on this page, I think I will stick to Rebus and little known Postman Pat General Knowledge from now on! :rofl:

The answers have been submitted but won’t appear until Monday, if anyone else would like to have a go at my Picture Round the questions can be found here. The time is up though so established Gold and Silver medals will be awarded on Monday :+1::joy:

Didn’t end up with time to investigate on Friday @Ian_Chimp but I’m very much hoping after a play now that my phrase is correct and my ellusive badge will pop - if so, good day for me!

1 Like

:partying_face::tada::balloon::slightly_smiling_face:

Ahhhhh I was too late! Too many birthday celebrations got the better of me :joy: I love a rebus puzzle though so definitely the next one!

I also really enjoyed doing the picture round so look forward to seeing the answers… Fingers crossed I beat @Ian_Chimp :smirk::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Answers to Close Up Picture Quiz 🧐

Can be found here

Thanks for playing @Ian_Chimp and @SexInTheCity - I have learned I am much better at setting Rebus rounds than picture rounds though you actually both did really well!

@Ian_Chimp 8/10 plus 1 bonus for naming Cerberus! :clap: (Though tempted to remove one for “Cheap Loo Role” although supermarket own brand so technically true and I can’t! :joy:)

@SexInTheCity 7/10, your description of 6 definitely earns you the point! Then of course there’s the 2 point Birthday Bonus to take account of too :thinking:

Therefore 9 points each and trophies all around!
:trophy::trophy:

3 Likes

Yes! I finally won one! :partying_face: (sort of :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

Haha I’m chuffed with that actually!! They make so much sense when you see the full picture… Like the book and tea one, but there was no chance I was seeing that just from the close ups!

Congrats @Ian_Chimp :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

2 Likes

:rofl::see_no_evil: Think that was my trouble, because I knew what the objects were and their photos they seemed really obvious. I think my favourite was the book one but out of context is is somewhat trickier! Doh.

Someone else can do the next picture one :+1:

1 Like

Well, I enjoyed it. :+1: And if I’d known I was doing so well I’d have tried a bit harder for the LH product questions too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it. Obviously I gave you the point for mug for number 5, because it is a mug containing tea… I am a little concerned though that you alternative guess was toilet.

If that is the colour of your toilet water @Ian_Chimp I think perhaps you should consider flushing it? :rofl:

Pfft. Now you’re saying that your tea looks like diarrhea. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thankfully however, tastes like the perfect mug of tea :joy:

1 Like

Mini Quiz ripped from the Guardian: (answers later tonight/read the article :slightly_smiling_face:)

1. If it takes five elves five minutes to wrap five presents, how long would it take fifty elves to wrap fifty presents?

2. A mother and daughter are fifty years old in total. The mother is 20 years older than the daughter. How old is the daughter?

3. How many people is three trios of triplets thrice?

4. If you flip a coin 3 times, what is the probability of flipping at least 2 Heads?

5. This morning 100kg of marrows were put in the sun. They were 99% water, but through the day they lost moisture to evaporation and now they are only 98% water. How much do they weigh now?

6. If I gave you £100 today and you paid me back £10 every month for a year, what is the annual interest rate on your loan?

Mini Quiz Answers…

Answers
  1. 5 minutes… each elf takes 5 minutes to wrap 1 present, correct?

2. Mother 35, Daughter 15 - I feel there’s a trap I’m not seeing.

3. 81

4. 8 possible outcomes, 4 have 2 heads so probability ½

5. This is the potato paradox! (Thankfully I know it and don’t have to do the maths) They weigh only 50kg now.

6. £10 interest as presumably 1st payment is in 1 month so only actually 11 months? In which case 10% interest rate.

I feel I may have fallen into some traps

1 Like

Having now looked at the answers, I blame my incorrect answer to number 3 on linguistics not maths but I still don’t really understand 6! :rofl:

I’ll take 4/6

1 Like